PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

Snowyamur
03-30-2014, 09:09 PM
Man, if this game had costumes like in RIFT, would that not be awesome?! I wish they did, or do they? Perhaps maybe the developers can implement costumes into the game, where they hide a player's actual armor, and show the costume, yet still keeping the armor on and taking the benefit of its stats.

yuyu
03-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Do you mean something like this? http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?759-cash-shop-costumes

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:44 AM
Its already done, there will be a range of costumes for REAL CASH and DELPHIC STARS

Nekrage
03-31-2014, 06:03 AM
Its already done, there will be a range of costumes for REAL CASH and DELPHIC STARS

Umm I dont believe this is true. I have yet to see a single costume that is obtainable via delphics. Currently there is cash shop versions, and craftable versions, BOTH of them expire in 30 days.

Blue
03-31-2014, 06:08 AM
Umm I dont believe this is true. I have yet to see a single costume that is obtainable via delphics. Currently there is cash shop versions, and craftable versions, BOTH of them expire in 30 days.

In fact, it is quite true. Whether or not you consider the purchase of the plans relevant for Delphic Stars, you still need to purchase the main part of the "costume" with this item.
The plans for the costume on Mirage island does indeed cost Delphic Stars for purchase. ( 3 "costumes" to be exact. )
As for my knowledge on the 30 day time period, is it not the stats themselves that are erased, not the costume itself. Giving the item "soap" a usage.

Nekrage
03-31-2014, 07:36 AM
In fact, it is quite true. Whether or not you consider the purchase of the plans relevant for Delphic Stars, you still need to purchase the main part of the "costume" with this item.
The plans for the costume on Mirage island does indeed cost Delphic Stars for purchase. ( 3 "costumes" to be exact. )
As for my knowledge on the 30 day time period, is it not the stats themselves that are erased, not the costume itself. Giving the item "soap" a usage.

True true, the plans you have to purchase with delphics...but I have purchased a couple out of the AH...as people seem to post them for a price that makes it just stupid to buy for 100 delphics.

100 delphics or 45 gold...lol.

And keep in mind thats 100 delphs A MONTH.

This is a rather strong pay to win feature in the RU version that I pray we do not see in the US version.

Edit: I should clarify, it's pay to win due to the sheer INSANE stat buffs a player receives for having a costume. Yes yes, you can obtain it without buying it, BUT it burns through SOOOOOOO many of your hard earned, rare, expensive mats that would otherwise be put towards other more useful items. In the RU version the costumes cost $30 a month...thats just unacceptable and I PRAY Trion doesn't pull this kind of crap.

VMBarbosa
03-31-2014, 11:02 AM
Well Trion will be the ones deciding what goes in the Archeage according to their Twitter so I'm sure we'll see a lot of ideas from RIFT merge into Archeage. Should be interesting.

ax3man
04-01-2014, 01:29 AM
i have only tried merchants costume. it is supposed to give 3000 points in trading skill.
it does show on skill that i get 3000 additional points in trading, but thats the only thing its usefull for: this does not allow to level up your skill faster nor is, in any way, influencing prices anywhere.
Thus i would like to call it a waste of money

Blue
04-01-2014, 08:50 AM
True true, the plans you have to purchase with delphics...but I have purchased a couple out of the AH...as people seem to post them for a price that makes it just stupid to buy for 100 delphics.

100 delphics or 45 gold...lol.

And keep in mind thats 100 delphs A MONTH.

This is a rather strong pay to win feature in the RU version that I pray we do not see in the US version.

Edit: I should clarify, it's pay to win due to the sheer INSANE stat buffs a player receives for having a costume. Yes yes, you can obtain it without buying it, BUT it burns through SOOOOOOO many of your hard earned, rare, expensive mats that would otherwise be put towards other more useful items. In the RU version the costumes cost $30 a month...thats just unacceptable and I PRAY Trion doesn't pull this kind of crap.

Again, I think you forgot the item "Soap" available for 30g sold by the Useful Merchant.
Or
The item "Soap" sold in the Cash Shop for 45 Crystals in Ru at the moment. Making the suit, 30g per month, with "insane" Stat buffs.
Which, like you said are available in the AH for 45g each.

Nixem
04-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Deleted

Blue
04-01-2014, 11:41 AM
The armor themselves are not temporary, but the stats themselves according to a few of my guildies who have purchased them, along with the loose translation offered in the Russian Version too, the only thing that is temporary, ( Which would make the most sense ) would be the stats that come with the suit itself. Bearing in mind you can renew these stats via an in-game purchasable item or it can also be purchased with crystals too!
The only gripe I have, would be the actual cost of the suits themselves on the Cash Shop. Costing the same as ( or more considering future deals ) than 3 months worth of premium. Is it worth it? That's up to whoever wants one! But alsl bear in mind players often sell them via the AH too! The prices though will vary. ^_^

the white rose
04-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I don't know the gash system in game so how expensive is that. Like a hours worth of questing ? Two weeks?

Blue
04-01-2014, 02:14 PM
I don't know the gash system in game so how expensive is that. Like a hours worth of questing ? Two weeks?

End game? Not that expensive at all. But at the lower levels.. Lets say 35- it is quite the sum of gold to spend on an outfit. ^_^