PDA

View Full Version : ArcheAge Family.

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 04:06 AM
Looking at few posts on here and other Europe forums and none have mentioned about families, wanted to see how many on here know how important family is on archeage :) lets get started. Comment below

ButteredToast
03-31-2014, 04:18 AM
Right now all i know about familys is that when you own a farm/house you can give permissions to your family to use them.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:19 AM
Right now all i know about familys is that when you own a farm/house you can give permissions to your family to use them.

That and the fact that families get a seperate chat channel is pretty much everything.

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:22 AM
That and the fact that families get a seperate chat channel is pretty much everything.

Well you guys wont get anywhere in game playing solo , family system helps to progress within the game faster.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:23 AM
Well you guys wont get anywhere in game playing solo , family system helps to progress within the game faster.

How? You can do everything with regular guys too. I mainly use the family system to share property on multiple accounts, so I guess you're kinda right xD

Grey
03-31-2014, 05:25 AM
There was a topic about stuff like this.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?881-Please-keep-the-marriage-and-family-system-with-children-and-couples-vacations

I thought it was just pretty much permission to your house and farm. Sort of like a mini-guild.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:26 AM
Mini-Guild is the perfect description for that!

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:29 AM
How? You can do everything with regular guys too. I mainly use the family system to share property on multiple accounts, so I guess you're kinda right xD

Well just think about it dude, family is there to play together aka you choose 2-3 jobs you want to do and focus on them there for you alaways have someone in your family who does for example heavy armour and spent all his points on it and you spend all of your points on leather armour. Then you have someone who gathers stone.... You share it all within the family you play as a team, you go to dungeons together to farm gear to break and you share it all even or you trade packs together to collect starts faster.

Family is there to save time, play with friends and progress though game faster... In russian servers in clans there are 20-50 different families and its easier to control the guild and its people.

Theres more to it.

Grey
03-31-2014, 05:29 AM
I guess it is beneficial to RPers and non-RPers alike.

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:31 AM
I guess it is beneficial to RPers and non-RPers alike.

Family system is beneficial to everyone, even if you're a pvp person.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:31 AM
AlexKonusa yes, of course when you organize yourself you'll be more efficient. I was referring to the actual game mechanic. You could do everything you just mentioned even if the family system wasn't there.

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:34 AM
AlexKonusa yes, of course when you organize yourself you'll be more efficient. I was referring to the actual game mechanic. You could do everything you just mentioned even if the family system wasn't there.

No you couldnt, because if you focus on leather and your friend focuses on growing things on farm to craft for example potions and you cant give him acsess to your farm there for you will use your LP. There are +/- but if you do it right you'll be the top and progress faster thats my point.

I will stream in 5 hours :) show you how we do it .

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:38 AM
Yes, I know that you can share access. But I already said that sharing access is the only viable gameplay feature that the family system provides!

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:40 AM
Yes, I know that you can share access. But I already said that sharing access is the only viable gameplay feature that the family system provides!

I see my bad.

KeksX
03-31-2014, 05:41 AM
Don't worry, I just want to clear up the confusion people had with the children feature etc! You're completely right, I just have problems articulating myself sometimes :P

AlexKonusa
03-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Don't worry, I just want to clear up the confusion people had with the children feature etc! You're completely right, I just have problems articulating myself sometimes :P

Hmm I don't think theres a children feature, if so it's kinda wierd hence i'm in a 8 male family.... UPS

Edit; even if there will be a children feature, Ill for sure be the wife.

Baulgere
04-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Definitely a nice feature to use from the start, though guilds can be made as early as level 5 family system also provides a way to gather your guild immediately instead of waiting for the guild to form as you just have to click the community handshake button at the bottom and start inviting away. And yes it can definitely be an RP tool as well for those that cant remember where they are in position or where others are etc.

Vray
04-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Anddd......how to make a family? Should I go to one of the NPC to register my Family name or something?

KeksX
04-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Anddd......how to make a family? Should I go to one of the NPC to register my Family name or something?

You just press Shift + V, click on the third tab which opens the family menu and invite your friends to the family!

Vray
04-06-2014, 10:52 AM
You just press Shift + V, click on the third tab which opens the family menu and invite your friends to the family!

Yayyy...okayy..Thank you KeksX :)

shadole
04-09-2014, 08:45 AM
i dont really know much about it, but i hear you get really good benefits from it.

Aurelius Luna
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
i really didnt read all the post on this thread it mite have been answered already. i was wondering how many members can a family consist?

Fook
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
i really didnt read all the post on this thread it mite have been answered already. i was wondering how many members can a family consist?

I've actually been wondering this as well; I thought that 5 members was the maximum however I have been told that 30 is the max by some other people who already had 18 in their family. Anyone know at least for the RU version?

Toy Fuzion
04-09-2014, 09:29 AM
In the streaming video, I believe one of the publishers mentioned having 10 people in a family on NA version (correct me if I'm wrong!). I've heard you can display a family name as well, but haven't heard if that's visual or in the family panel. Supposedly you can assign family titles too, like brother, sister, mother, etc. Not sure if we have the freedom to create our own titles.

Some ideas I'm considering on how to use the family system:

One character I want to make will be a performer. Instead of creating a guild, since most performer-type characters historically in other games are alts, I'd create a family so we can communicate during performances, etc. The other character I create will eventually captain a ship and I want to use the family system to create the crew, instead of a full-blown guild.

In this way, I can still join a major guild for aspects of the game that would involve things like sieges, raids, etc, while using the family system for more social niche groups.

Plans could change, but those are ideas I'm considering as I plan my characters out.