PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Kozro's Farm weekend - AlisaR's Pick your own Apples - Falcorth

AlisaR
10-20-2014, 09:17 AM
I was supposed to place my large farm next to my farmhouse but I messed up and put it a couple tiles over - therefore making a ton of wasted space in my little valley. I'll be planting apple trees for public consumption in the area around my house. If they don't get all chopped down for the whopping one log, I'll be planting geese and maybe animal pens. Anyway, come on by and get some free tradepack materials!
Located across the east side of the pond in Falcorth.

PredatorX
10-20-2014, 09:20 AM
If you don't plant on a farm set to Public and instead do it on 'open land', won't people get footprints which would likely be reported?

Lauro
10-20-2014, 09:37 AM
i think they will..

AlisaR
10-20-2014, 09:49 AM
If you only pick the fruit and feed the geese grains and then harvest the feathers there will be no red footprints, It's only if you chop them down or kill them that will leave red footprints.

Lozro
10-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Greetings,
Great news! Its great to see this idea spread throughout the game. Seeing people who have never farmed before, ENJOY farming so much is very rewarding.
I was able to "teach" people about farming as well, one thought that by KILLING all the Geese they respawn, in reality I was the one replanting the Geese every time, so he "thought" they were repawning after I replanted them...
I even had a small group from the East come by the farm just to say HI, that was cool. They traveled all that way just to see what was happening.
I plan to have more events in the future, and perhaps include More farms ALL OVER the map.
Cheers,
Kozro

Zarzak
10-20-2014, 12:52 PM
So is this actually working out? I have said a few times to guildies how, if the game wasn't full of dicks, it would be nice to plant public orchids in the nub zones (like an area with 100 grape vines for public use).

I assumed doing so would just result in people chopping them all down.

AlisaR
10-20-2014, 01:01 PM
They are still there suprisingly. First set of trees in back ripen in 5 hours I think.

Lozro
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Over a 72 hour period that I had 3 16x16 farms and 3 8x8 farms full of stuff planted, all people had to do was harvest, I did have to replace the most only twice. After the first time, the accused went to trial, people spoke out against him, he reformed, and later invited back to the farm. He was feeding and harvesting like the others the rest of the time during the open harvest.
Now that was amazing, so as long as you maintain the farm to look full, meaning you replace dying trees or collapsed cages, people generally will leave it intact. After about a 12 hour period of not checking the farm and things either were dying off or not replaced, someone then did do some clear cutting of the farm. But overall with all the excitement, with people coming by all the time to grab stuff, people harvesting a farm for their first time, it was a genuine good feeling among all who took part.
So yes it can work, I knew it would be High risk, but I also knew it could be high reward as well. :)
Kozro

AlisaR
10-20-2014, 03:47 PM
I think I can fill the area with about 50 apple trees, I planted about 30 there currently. There's enough space between the trees on the sides for some geese - but I'd like to see if people leave the trees alone first.

Einzelherz
10-21-2014, 10:44 AM
The Kozro farm was great. I tried to help out with the expenses and healed the sick animals when they needed it.

It's a great service to those F2P players who can't own land.

AlisaR
10-21-2014, 12:52 PM
When I logged back on last night the trees were gone. I'm not sure what happened because there were no footprints?