PDA

View Full Version : Archeage will not load, since yesterday

Shango
10-21-2014, 08:01 AM
I was able to get into game earlier yesterday without issue, since last night I cannot get past the splash load screen...it gets to Nui in the text and then just stops...process is still running, no error's are given etc...the game simply just will not load past that point.

I have restarted pc, turned off any other applications/services that for some reason would all of the sudden cause this to happen...but no luck...I cannot get past that point and am unable to play.

Any help is appreciated.

Shango
10-21-2014, 05:15 PM
BUMP, Still cannot get into game.

Dhandelion
10-21-2014, 05:39 PM
I have the exact same issue. I was able to log in yesterday (Monday) morning, but since coming home from work was not able to launch the game. I sent a ticket into Trion and received these steps:

1. Close out ArcheAge and Glyph
2. Navigate to your hackshield folder, usually under \Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Alpha\bin32\HShield\
3. Delete the folder named asc
4. Restart the PC
5. Once your PC restarts navigate to \Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Alpha\bin32\HShield
6. Right-click on the hsupdate file and select Run as Administrator
7. After it is finished updating, launch Glyph and ArcheAge

Which did not work.

I would really like to be able to play the game again...

Waymo
10-21-2014, 05:44 PM
I'm having the same issue as well, but am receiving an error that says "Failed to load game data!". And that's it. If anyone has a solution it would be greatly appreciated. Live chat support is no longer available tonight and my previous ticket took a few days to be responded to.

Dhandelion
10-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Waymo, I had that error once, a month ago. Try uninstalling your Glyph client (but not any of the games) and reinstalling it, that did the trick for me.

Waymo
10-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Waymo, I had that error once, a month ago. Try uninstalling your Glyph client (but not any of the games) and reinstalling it, that did the trick for me.

Yeah, that's what I saw when searching the problem online, but I'm trying to avoid that due to how long it takes to install. :/ I'll probably end up trying it, but wanted to only do it as a last resort.

Dhandelion
10-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Reinstalling Glyph doesn't take very long, like ten or so minutes tops. Nothing like reinstalling ArcheAge. You just have to make sure to uninstall only the Glyph client.

Waymo
10-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Reinstalling Glyph doesn't take very long, like ten or so minutes tops. Nothing like reinstalling ArcheAge. You just have to make sure to uninstall only the Glyph client.

Oh, really? How do I do that without uninstalling the game?

Ettjin
10-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Before you uninstall Glyph, it will give you the choice to uninstall it only or also the games...however, I just completed the whole uninstall/install, and I still get the "Failed to load game data" message...:(

Waymo
10-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Before you uninstall Glyph, it will give you the choice to uninstall it only or also the games...however, I just completed the whole uninstall/install, and I still get the "Failed to load game data" message...:(

So lame dude. Idk what to do. :( I really want to play

Edit: Just uninstalled and re installed and it still isn't working. Sucks so bad! :(

Dhandelion
10-21-2014, 06:41 PM
For the OP:

I just tried something and my game finally launched, so you try and see if it works for you too. I put exceptions for Glyph, archeage, and hshield in WindowsDefender and tried to launch. I got up to heat up some food and put the laundry in the drier and when I came back to my computer it had finally launched the game. Give it a try and see if it works. I'm hoping this will continue to work, though it sucks that it will take ten or so minutes to get the game up now. /:

Salival
10-21-2014, 08:19 PM
For the OP:

I just tried something and my game finally launched, so you try and see if it works for you too. I put exceptions for Glyph, archeage, and hshield in WindowsDefender and tried to launch. I got up to heat up some food and put the laundry in the drier and when I came back to my computer it had finally launched the game. Give it a try and see if it works. I'm hoping this will continue to work, though it sucks that it will take ten or so minutes to get the game up now. /:

I had tried this before and no luck going to give it one more try, I had also uninstalled glyph, reinstalled, Removed asc folder, restarted, updated HS as admin....still cant get past Nui on splash screen.

Two days now without access to Archeage.

Shango
10-21-2014, 08:21 PM
For the OP:

Unfortunately It did not work, still cant get past Nui text, done everything possible but still cannot play the game any more, works out well...I lose patron status due to a F up by trion, taxes are due etc.

Shango
10-21-2014, 08:41 PM
UPDATE: Found the problem, which I thought had been addressed in a previous patch and I never experienced the problem before.

FIX: Delete the archeage folder from "My documents", restart Glyph and it now loads, I lost all local settings but hey I can get into game now, hope this helps everyone else.

The folder had over 300k files all with minimal size, was about 1.2gb total.

Shango
10-21-2014, 08:51 PM
UPDATE: Found the problem, which I thought had been addressed in a previous patch and I never experienced the problem before.

FIX: Delete the archeage folder from "My documents", restart Glyph and it now loads, I lost all local settings but hey I can get into game now, hope this helps everyone else.

The folder had over 300k files all with minimal size, was about 1.2gb total.

I can get into game, but now it freezes in game.