PDA

View Full Version : Hallowtide has Arrived!

Pages : [1] 2

Scapes
10-21-2014, 02:17 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/10/Halloween_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/21/hallowtide-has-arrived)

The harvest season is upon us and with it comes ArcheAge's first in-game holiday event: Hallowtide! This Halloween-themed festival will be held from October 21 to November 4 when the Conquest of Auroria begins.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/21/hallowtide-has-arrived)

DavidTheCoolGuy
10-21-2014, 02:20 PM
"We also have Hallowtide cosmetic items for you and your home coming to the Marketplace, so keep your eyes peeled." So it's not in the game yet? :(

So all we get out of this patch is a few candies and some buffs :[

Arobee
10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
That's it? This is what you're calling an event? Seriously, one daily quest and towns nobody goes to looking a little different?

Reznal
10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
That has got to be the worst "event" in any MMO ive played.. and i'm really not one to complain..

Dendore
10-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Only 1 daily event quest? Really?

Peter
10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Are we getting the weapons even if they're just skins? I really wanted that shield skin.

Kazuki
10-21-2014, 02:27 PM
"We also have Hallowtide cosmetic items for you and your home coming to the Marketplace, so keep your eyes peeled." So it's not in the game yet? :(

Ah the holidays, where people sell you themed garbage for a high price that would be worthless the other 300 days of the year..........good times.

Yenyang4
10-21-2014, 02:28 PM

I beleive the market place is seperate from the game, which is why they have to make sure it "syncs" so they can just change items out on it without having to patch the game.

CORIZAO
10-21-2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/10/Halloween_blog_810x300.jpg (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/21/hallowtide-has-arrived)

The harvest season is upon us and with it comes ArcheAge's first in-game holiday event: Hallowtide! This Halloween-themed festival will be held from October 21 to November 4 when the Conquest of Auroria begins.

Read the full article on the website. (http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/21/hallowtide-has-arrived)

talk to Blizzard to learn how to make an event.
6 hours for what? A fu CK ING greedy goblin gummie? Pass this game to another producer please...

Reznal
10-21-2014, 02:31 PM
6 hours for what? A fu CK ING greedy goblin gummie? Pass this game to another producer please...

Don't talk to blizzard about anything Lol

Scorpion
10-21-2014, 02:31 PM
Why not just add everything to the market place now, rather than later?

Larath
10-21-2014, 02:32 PM
Already know what was coming this is the same event in Korean version lol

Silxer
10-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Yay, a thread that isn't something negative for once...

,,,wait...

...it's turning into another negative/whine thread again... *sigh*

eyenight
10-21-2014, 02:33 PM

We're gonna have it soon. Maybe after 10 hours maintenance..

Katiaimi
10-21-2014, 02:34 PM
Wow I dont mind maintenance but ffs dont hype up people and not expect them to rage when all you get is a piece of candy and a buff. You all could of done way better than this. I much rather you not had even posted the event until it was fully ready to be released then just part of it. Very sad

candytripn
10-21-2014, 02:34 PM
The set the mood, Austera and Ezna..

Really? Is no one proofreading these?

FlawlessRuby
10-21-2014, 02:38 PM
I dont like that all my post are negative, but good god... Make a real patch... This is just garbage :/ its the first event of this game and it's so small and useless.

Eklypz
10-21-2014, 02:38 PM
wow, you people will cry about anything

Aerothan
10-21-2014, 02:39 PM
This is stupid trion. Seriously if your going to make a event do it right.

Peter
10-21-2014, 02:40 PM

I am just a little disappointed because from what I read Korea got a much better event. Oh well, I sort of expected this so I'm not really angry.

Kytchi
10-21-2014, 02:42 PM
Agreed with the majority of this thread. If you are going to do a holiday event, at least put some effort into it. This almost seems like an afterthought.

DON'T SCREW UP CHRISTMAS!!

Yunari
10-21-2014, 02:44 PM
So... That's it?

Reznal
10-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Should have just said your decorating 2 towns lol

skyraker
10-21-2014, 02:47 PM
What are you all expecting? They give you eternal worker's comp potions? It is a cosmetic event for crying out loud. Go whine in another game that has silly events.

Peter
10-21-2014, 02:49 PM
What are you all expecting? They give you eternal worker's comp potions? It is a cosmetic event for crying out loud. Go whine in another game that has silly events.

How about you stop whining?

fckirbz
10-21-2014, 02:49 PM
what a waste. RU got a lot more stuff.

kinda sad

ArkQ
10-21-2014, 02:50 PM
the amount of QQ coming from everyone over ANYTHING.. valid or not here, is Astounding.. it makes the salt from the dead sea seem a drop in the bucket.

fckirbz
10-21-2014, 02:51 PM
not really QQ. just dissapointed i guess after seeing what RU got.

XvXReaperXvX
10-21-2014, 02:52 PM
So much hate.. I for one am very excited!

Layke
10-21-2014, 02:54 PM
So much hate.. I for one am very excited!

Excited for what? The one daily you get to get some candy?

TalonGrey
10-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Even though I want to buy a costume or whatever, your payment method system is still broken :D So not only has my Patron expired, but I can't give you money for anything else! Fix it please, because I am not waiting 3 hours in your crap support system again for a chance that I MIGHT be able to give you some money, or I might just lose my land and never pay for anything in this game again o0o

Mad Ahnun
10-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Like King Candy says "Have some candy."

Reznal
10-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Im more shocked that they even called it an event, an event is usually.. well eventful lol.
Not expecting free stuff, but expecting more than next to nothing, Wheres their Halloween spirit!

imthenewguy
10-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Wow is amazing to see how many people are complaining about this. Grab a teaspoon of cement and harden the ♥♥♥♥ up lol!

Reznal
Even though I want to buy a costume or whatever, your payment method system is still broken :D So not only has my Patron expired, but I can't give you money for anything else! Fix it please, because I am not waiting 3 hours in your crap support system again for a chance that I MIGHT be able to give you some money, or I might just lose my land and never pay for anything in this game again o0o

Yeah I tried buying $100 worth of credits other day, wouldnt let me so I decided they just dont get my money lol.

Xenon
This is event? This is bul ♥♥♥♥! This is event for TRION for make more money from us not for players! Nice Marceting TRION!

Hackers in game, Hackers using credit cart's from account and you give us this ♥♥♥♥ .

N1 TRION

Theik
10-21-2014, 02:58 PM
Is there a daily quest in Ezna? I can't seem to find any despite the http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/10/21/hallowtide-has-arrived/ page mentioning there is. Or is it the auction house dude's pumpkin quest that is available everywhere?

Reznal
Wow is amazing to see how many people are complaining about this. Grab a teaspoon of cement and harden the ♥♥♥♥ up lol!

Says the guy complaining about complainers :P
And a teaspoon? Where do you come from? Its supposed to be a bucket.

Alaemortis
Sooo we are going to have some decorated towns, a buff, comsumables and some ♥♥♥♥ you actualy have to pay $$ (or a pile of in-game currency) to get? Wow! I really can't express how fu**in excited I am!

YumboYack619
10-21-2014, 03:00 PM
I beleive the market place is seperate from the game, which is why they have to make sure it "syncs" so they can just change items out on it without having to patch the game.
And that certainly couldn't be done ahead of time.

imthenewguy
10-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Says the guy complaining about complainers :P
And a teaspoon? Where do you come from? Its supposed to be a bucket.

Who eats/drinks from a bucket? lol

Use teaspoon over here :p

Also no complaint, merely stating an observation :)

Reznal
10-21-2014, 03:03 PM
But if they needa drink some concrete to htfu They obviously need a bucket :P teaspoon just wouldnt do it.

imthenewguy
10-21-2014, 03:07 PM
But if they needa drink some concrete to htfu They obviously need a bucket :P teaspoon just wouldnt do it.

Hmmm, we could use a beerbong for that then. Maybe have them upside down on a key of cement to really harden the ♥♥♥♥ up :D

FearsomePoem
10-21-2014, 03:11 PM
I was pretty disappointed too. I love Halloween so I had my cc ready. But like one daily and a few buffs does not an event make. :(

Reznal
10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Hmmm, we could use a beerbong for that then. Maybe have them upside down on a key of cement to really harden the ♥♥♥♥ up :D

This could very much work XD

Pietro
10-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Wow...not only did your hackshield ♥♥♥♥ up my friend's computer, now you've given us a ♥♥♥♥ty event. Thanks Trion for not listening to your customers.

Modnarrandom
10-21-2014, 03:14 PM
Guys, while I do agree that this first event is not, by any means, an exciting or thoroughly developed one, keep in mind that Auroria comes out on November the 4th. There's bound to be tons of hard work necessary for that release, even if the Asian servers already have it. I'm sure there will be great events to come in the future.

Khosrau
10-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Seriously, **** you all. A bunch of entitled whiners who will complain no matter what they give you. We may as well have ended up with no event at all.

dankburglar
10-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Agreed with the majority of this thread. If you are going to do a holiday event, at least put some effort into it. This almost seems like an afterthought.

I cannot stop laughing this is the best response out of the entire thread! =]

Puppy
10-21-2014, 03:20 PM
No details? ;/

Nissalee
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Seriously, **** you all. A bunch of entitled whiners who will complain no matter what they give you. We may as well have ended up with no event at all.

That's the problem, it doesn't feel like we got one. Carbine cancelled their game's holidays because they didn't want to do this. They wanted them to be meaningful, and not buggy and rushed. This is the perfect example of why a producer would wait.

Instead, we get something that doesn't feel festive at all. Heck, I was considering throwing some cash at the shop for a neat costume, but they aren't even up yet...

I think I'll renew my Wildstar sub. The game needs growth, and I don't mind supporting a good company.

Leebo
10-21-2014, 03:23 PM
seriously, don't. If you wanna talk good holiday events, Arenanet has it figured out. GW and GW2 always does a great job even if the games suck

SilentSagas
10-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Scapes,

It would be nice if yall put a little more detail into these announcements. The patch notes and this announcement give no valuable information other than "Hallowtide Event." Why do we have to wait for people to post guides just to tell the bare basics of a patch? New Items via X: List. New Quest: Get from this guy. Etc. Please.

Batmanda
the amount of QQ coming from everyone over ANYTHING.. valid or not here, is Astounding.. it makes the salt from the dead sea seem a drop in the bucket.

I can't really blame them..For the downtime we had and if you look at any other MMO's holiday events it is way better than what was given..I know people hate comparing games to WoW but they give way more activities with way less maintenance.

Zan
That's a great event...

Hey, when are you going to do something about all those hacks and hackers?

xTheSuperCatx
10-21-2014, 03:26 PM
I don't understand why everyone expects so much. Yeah the event isn't that great, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they are completely focused on when Auroria is being worked on. I'd take that over an event. I'm sure they'll make the next event with more.

IDKShifu
10-21-2014, 03:28 PM
I believe this is the "trick" In Trick-or-Treat.
Enjoy it. If there's so much more you could do with your time, then I suggest you do so. The servers are up, the game is live, you get 1 quest.

TalonGrey
10-21-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't understand why everyone expects so much. Yeah the event isn't that great, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they are completely focused on when Auroria is being worked on. I'd take that over an event. I'm sure they'll make the next event with more.

I'm sorry, Auroria was cut on release, was fine in parts of the beta, maybe they should just work on people getting hacked and stolen from, and fixing their PoS website :)

Floppy Diskette
10-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Too little information about the event... :confused:

Glakner
10-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Its hardly even a quest, buy some pumpkins, compelling ♥♥♥♥ there. Pretty sad Trion, you guys need to get a better hold of XL games, because XL is seeming terrible.

Glakner
10-21-2014, 03:38 PM
Too little information about the event... :confused:

Well go to an AH in Enza or Austere, get the quest buy the pumpkin. There I explained the event.

StonedArrow
10-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Waaaaah I don't get free ♥♥♥♥ that I want for halloween. WAaAaAah.

In real life all you get is candy, why do you expect so much from holiday events?

I hate todays age of gamers, ruining games left and right.

THANKFULLY Trion does NOT listen to you dumb ♥♥♥♥s. Makes me smile everytime I see one of you whine about nothing and about how they don't listen. They listen to GOOD input, not mindless whining.

Why don't all of you that think this game is SO BAD and failing just quit already? Go play wow, blizzard will listen to your whining and cater to you...though I think they learned their lesson on doing that and having it ruin the game.

This is why you guys are NOT game designers, and when you are you can be in charge and do things "the right way"

It does not matter what this event is, you guys would find something to whine about no matter what. If the reward is too good all the QQ comes that its too easy to get something awesome thats for a stupid holiday event. If the reward is too small everybody whines that its pointless.

Guess what, this event is NOT catered towards you then. This is an event to celebrate Halloween, not receive a bunch of free ♥♥♥♥.

BumBle
10-21-2014, 03:42 PM

LOL! Right!

Ozgore
10-21-2014, 03:42 PM
Lame trion. You're lame.

Vin Howard
10-21-2014, 03:43 PM
And yet another instance when I think of how wonderful this game could be if only it was dev'ed by Trion instead of XL Games...

Brassm0nkey
10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
I wish everyone would stop complaining and just enjoy the event. Also you shouldnt expect a lot from HOLIDAY events in the first place.

IDKShifu
10-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Currently on Ollo, no buff from event pumpkin. *BrokenEvent

Xiv Witchinghour
10-21-2014, 03:49 PM
wow barely half a page of details.. How lame of an event can you make. its only a quest and some cosmetics that are NOT even in the market yet. wow.

Ella
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Yep. No buff from large Pumpkin decoration on Ollo server. gg

Alaemortis
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
I've seen better prepared events on private MMO servers. This is some kind of bad joke, a sort of cash shop event i guess.

Peter
10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
LOL! Right!

Except World of Warcraft has some amazing events. Anyone remember cities being invaded by zombies and the giant FFA PvP event that ensued.

Nefar
10-21-2014, 03:55 PM
I liked gw2 events

ArkQ
10-21-2014, 04:02 PM
I can't really blame them..For the downtime we had and if you look at any other MMO's holiday events it is way better than what was given..I know people hate comparing games to WoW but they give way more activities with way less maintenance.
WoW also is over 10yrs old with optimization and MULTIPLE sources of generated revenue, has a steady subscription base with regulations placed in a country that has tighter restrictions on business practices.. while TRION is just a publisher who has to ask permission if they can even go to the bathroom from XL games. a company based in South Korea. 'nuff said.

Mefit
10-21-2014, 04:06 PM
This game is all PvP and Cash Shop , no one should be upset at the outcome of this event .

1 Daily lol takes less than a minute to do .
Grow Pumpkins or buy them yourself .

Minimal Decorations

Cash Shop items ( Costumes , "Pet ? Mount? , house Decorations ?)

To be honest I am surprised Aurora is not a Cash Shop Unlock .

Before the Flames , I am a Archeum Pack Founder ( x2 including my wife)

Maji
10-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I miss DAOC, Halloween actually netted a useful Item to equip into templates!

Kinnu
10-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Not saying its the teams fault by any means, but its a sad day when the pirates are left out of the holiday loop. One quest is all ive seen. No changes to pirate island.

Zallnessa
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
Is there just the one daily quest where you give 10 pumpkins? That's it? Any idea on when the marketplace stuff will be put live? Also it seems you are not able to get this buff from the big pumpkin in Ezna.

Plyfdoggy
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
I just had to log in and throw in m 2 cents on this.

Of all the MMO's i've played.... Trion is calling this an event? Having all the GM's stand in marianople with cows and ♥♥♥♥ting everywhere would be greater fun then this money grabbing garbage event.

This is also the first time I've had an issue with F2P and P2P mixing. Nothing for a normal player to attain through hard work. Planting a couple pumpkins is not worthy of being called an accomplishment for some in-game candy items.

I'm having such a hard time writing down my thoughts.... Just wow.... I really enjoy this game and I have no issue paying monthly for as long as I play. I just expected more than some decorations and candy. The cash shop items are whatever, any game with a cash shop does seasonal stuff. The lack of anything beyond this would not happen in a P2P game. Let me earn a flaming horse, let me earn a pumpkin helmet. Just give me something in game beyond 3 pieces of candy that myself and friends can go do.

BumBle
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Is this event quest a daily, does it rest at any time after you complete it.

Sneezewortt
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM
You guys ever think more stuff may unlock as it gets closer to the holiday? ....just sayin

Batmanda
10-21-2014, 04:22 PM

If you pay for a service you kinda are entitled though...

Mushir Million
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
What is this quest? I don't get it.

Batmanda
10-21-2014, 04:26 PM
WoW also is over 10yrs old with optimization and MULTIPLE sources of generated revenue, has a steady subscription base with regulations placed in a country that has tighter restrictions on business practices.. while TRION is just a publisher who has to ask permission if they can even go to the bathroom from XL games. a company based in South Korea. 'nuff said.

I understand that but who cares? You are completing for customers. If they keep bringing weak events like that when others are doing much better whats the point? You wouldn't want to go to a mechanic and have him do a ♥♥♥♥ty job on your car and he says " Well I haven't been doing this as long as Midas..They can just do it better.."

Boredmuse
10-21-2014, 04:31 PM
That has got to be the worst "event" in any MMO ive played.. and i'm really not one to complain..

Im not complaining, I actually wish it was less. So they would concentrate on the game breaking issues we have now.

Dra
10-21-2014, 04:35 PM
So much nerd rage going on in here. Get out and enjoy the Holiday in RL, not digitally or go get laid or something.

Aerumna
10-21-2014, 04:36 PM

You aren't paying for the Halloween event. Its just there. There is Halloween-themed content available for purchase in addition to the rest of the event. If you are paying for Patron, you are still only paying for a subscription and the perks that come standard with it. It does not entitle you to anything else.

There is a LOT of needless complaining in this thread.

thegamekitten
10-21-2014, 04:38 PM
This isn't an event. There is nothing but 1 quest and one small area decorated in this pretend event thing. I have never seen so little in any MMO I have played and I have played a lot both Sub and F2P.

Nice to know what the extended maintenance was and why it took so long. Good job!

MrFurious
10-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Is there actually some halloween stuff on the marketplace because I'm not seeing it

Batmanda
10-21-2014, 04:45 PM
You aren't paying for the Halloween event. Its just there. There is Halloween-themed content available for purchase in addition to the rest of the event. If you are paying for Patron, you are still only paying for a subscription and the perks that come standard with it. It does not entitle you to anything else.

There is a LOT of needless complaining in this thread.

You are paying for perks but if you are going to charge the same amount as other top mmo's you should bring better quality than a daily quest.

Keltana
10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Unless you do not read the terms and service. Then your not :)

Keltana
10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
You are paying for perks but if you are going to charge the same amount as other top mmo's you should bring better quality than a daily quest.

Someone didnt read the 2 port towns with more coming... It just started PREP daily is here.... THE PREP as in getting ready for the event!!!

ladysilent
10-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Well...
If they had done absolutely nothing, then someone would gripe about how terrible Trion is.
If they had gone monkey crazy with quests and shinies that last for just 2 weeks (to do so would have to delay the new continent being released), then someone would gripe about how terrible Trion is.

To minimize the complaints and still stay on track for what will have more impact on the game, a non-hyped acknowledgement of the holiday is the best approach for minimizing grousing. That way they can focus on the release of an entire continent that is going to be a main part of our game instead of a token sparkly annual event that only lasts a few days.

Keltana
10-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Looking forward to see all of this event.

Mr Bawkbagawk
10-21-2014, 04:50 PM
I like how this forum has its own kind of troll. the "Stop whining" trolls. they are not fooling anyone of course, we all know that are as hacked off as the rest of us. they just choose to rip on their fellow gamers instead of the company. daddy does not hug them.

Pagan
10-21-2014, 04:51 PM

Honestly, I'd rather they hadn't and spent that time figuring out how to give us patrons the 10% marketplace discount that they still owe us, then maybe I might be inclined to buy something more from their marketplace. Until then my wallet is closed and since one lil candy with a one hour buff is next to useless unless you spend at least an hour at a time farming dungeons(not all of us do, unless it's mandatory for a quest) they may as well have waited until next friday and just done some gm events.

Schwa83
10-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Count me in as disappointed. You guys could have done so much more... just off the top of my head:

Special event vendor that sells event only seeds/saplings in which you get special materials. These special materials could be used to craft Halloween themed items (foods, drinks, costume's, house items, etc.)

Introduction of a halloween trade pack (candy corn, etc.)

Halloween themed quests that give decent rewards, even if they are just fun items.

Halloween pets/mounts, obtainable by doing dailies/crafting/or some sort of in-game activities.

I do understand the game recently launched and a lot is on their plate. We can only hope that going forward we start seeing improved events. The game world offers a ton of possibilities.

Black77
10-21-2014, 04:53 PM
This is just pathetic. You see the amount of cool ♥♥♥♥ even EQ2 is putting out?? I thought at the vary least Trion would beat that game out for events but this is just friggin Sad on so many levels.

Doesn't even matter about auroria release , because that's going to be a damn nightmare with all the hacks running in this ♥♥♥♥ game.

Land grab hacks will ruin most if not all of it the first 24 hours. This game has quickly become the toilet of the mmo market . good job Trion

ArkQ
10-21-2014, 04:57 PM
I understand that but who cares? You are completing for customers. If they keep bringing weak events like that when others are doing much better whats the point? You wouldn't want to go to a mechanic and have him do a ♥♥♥♥ty job on your car and he says " Well I haven't been doing this as long as Midas..They can just do it better.."

the point is.. why complain about an event to the people who can't or won't do anything about it ?
its obvious NONE here is getting the candy they want.. sure is alot of TRICKS tho.. being handed out.. rofl.

Mira Rift
OMG this is NOT an event, it's a letdown, and are we just getting party outfits?!! when it comes? I wanted one of those cool vampire outfits. Dang just candy from a daily and not even off mobs as drops, Pathetic! Talk to Scott Hartsman about what real game events are from EQ2; those people know how to put on an event.

Ruse
I see pumpkin decorations and I AM EXCITE.

Lobselvith
10-21-2014, 05:00 PM
You guys ever think more stuff may unlock as it gets closer to the holiday? ....just sayin

I do, but I tend to be a positive person, unlike all the emo cry babies that posted just to complain before me.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3wl64MCky1rqapxto2_400.gif

Deathnaaught
10-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Best holiday MMO events were in eq2 by FAR. Haunted houses, headless hourseman raid boss, Narnia christmas land, etc etc. Epic, and I know several people who wouldnt leave for a long time because the other games dont put any effort into festivities. Even Rift doesnt really get into the holiday spirit.

Deathnaaught
10-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Well...
If they had done absolutely nothing, then someone would gripe about how terrible Trion is.
If they had gone monkey crazy with quests and shinies that last for just 2 weeks (to do so would have to delay the new continent being released), then someone would gripe about how terrible Trion is.

To minimize the complaints and still stay on track for what will have more impact on the game, a non-hyped acknowledgement of the holiday is the best approach for minimizing grousing. That way they can focus on the release of an entire continent that is going to be a main part of our game instead of a token sparkly annual event that only lasts a few days.

Oh look, here's the obligatory "theyre doing their best, they just cant win." comment. Nobody would complain about an all out, well built, kickass holiday rollout. OK, you could find a troll or two, but besides the noise, thats not a lose-lose situation. Stop making excuses.

Keltana
10-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Count me in as disappointed. You guys could have done so much more... just off the top of my head:

Special event vendor that sells event only seeds/saplings in which you get special materials. These special materials could be used to craft Halloween themed items (foods, drinks, costume's, house items, etc.)

Introduction of a halloween trade pack (candy corn, etc.)

Halloween themed quests that give decent rewards, even if they are just fun items.

Halloween pets/mounts, obtainable by doing dailies/crafting/or some sort of in-game activities.

I do understand the game recently launched and a lot is on their plate. We can only hope that going forward we start seeing improved events. The game world offers a ton of possibilities.

The event is not fully implemented yet. Wait for it!

OMG this is NOT an event, it's a letdown, and are we just getting party outfits?!! when it comes? I wanted one of those cool vampire outfits. Dang just candy from a daily and not even off mobs as drops, Pathetic! Talk to Scott Hartsman about what real game events are from EQ2; those people know how to put on an event.
Yea the whole event is not out yet.....

I see pumpkin decorations and I AM EXCITE.

ME TO!

Oh look, here's the obligatory "theyre doing their best, they just cant win." comment. Nobody would complain about an all out, well built, kickass holiday rollout. OK, you could find a troll or two, but besides the noise, thats not a lose-lose situation. Stop making excuses.
Oh here is another person who didnt read that the whole event is not implemented yet...

OranDoge
10-21-2014, 05:15 PM
They actually did an okay job with this. Just think, theres a daily that gives candy. It's going to make players plant pumpkins and give the halloween atmosphere. Kinda smart. Plus i like the decor in austera

Slider7
10-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Wow....give the Dev's a break. If you think that you can do better then put in an application for employment with the company and then get to work...Otherwise be quiet and enjoy the game.

Mefit
10-21-2014, 05:33 PM
The event is not fully implemented yet. Wait for it!

Yea the whole event is not out yet.....

ME TO!

Oh here is another person who didnt read that the whole event is not implemented yet...
" The harvest season is upon us and with it comes ArcheAge’s first in-game holiday event: Hallowtide! This Halloween-themed festival will be held from October 21 to November 4 when the Conquest of Auroria begins.

The set the mood, Austera and Ezna, the two major port cities of Erenor, have been decked out in the colors and sights of the season with jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin balloons, party tables, tombstones, and more. Adventurers may also discover Large Pumpkin Lanterns in central locations of both port cities. This decoration grants a Sweet Pumpkin Scent holiday buff which lasts for an hour.

Want to help with the festivities? The Daru are in need of more pumpkins to decorate the event! Complete the Hallowtide Preparations daily quest to earn a Hallowtide Goodie Bag with a random selection of consumables and special event candies such as Greedy Goblin Gummies, Frankenflavor Jawbreakers, and Marshmellow Sugar Pumpkins. We also have Hallowtide cosmetic items for you and your home coming to the Marketplace, so keep your eyes peeled.

Enjoy Hallowtide, adventurers! "

Did I miss something or is this not the fully implemented event minus the Cash Shop items ?

Mefit
10-21-2014, 05:36 PM
They actually did an okay job with this. Just think, theres a daily that gives candy. It's going to make players plant pumpkins and give the halloween atmosphere. Kinda smart. Plus i like the decor in austera

If those Pumpkins had a chance to proc Archeum or Thunderstruck Tree ..............................yea we would see every Garden in the game turn into Pumpkin Patches ................lol but no , no one is bright enough to think of how to make a good event .

Eliminazian
10-21-2014, 05:45 PM
If those Pumpkins had a chance to proc Archeum or Thunderstruck Tree ..............................yea we would see every Garden in the game turn into Pumpkin Patches ................lol but no , no one is bright enough to think of how to make a good event .

Guess you're not bright either, that would be a stupid idea for an event.

kechin
10-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Why my pc freeze when connecting to server :( took too long and nothing happens :( please help me

Mefit
10-21-2014, 05:49 PM
Guess you're not bright either, that would be a stupid idea for an event.

You are kidding me right ?
A good chunk of this game is Farming (Planting and growing live stock)
I guess it is easier to troll and be a tool than to use that thing behind your eyes .

A Chance to get something like Archeum or Thunder Struck trees , would be better than the 1 piece of 60min buff candy you get .

Oh well , this all just was beyond a moment of thought before you came to flame .

EurEngineer
10-21-2014, 05:51 PM
" The harvest season is upon us and with it comes ArcheAge’s first in-game holiday event: Hallowtide! This Halloween-themed festival will be held from October 21 to November 4 when the Conquest of Auroria begins.

The set the mood, Austera and Ezna, the two major port cities of Erenor, have been decked out in the colors and sights of the season with jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin balloons, party tables, tombstones, and more. Adventurers may also discover Large Pumpkin Lanterns in central locations of both port cities. This decoration grants a Sweet Pumpkin Scent holiday buff which lasts for an hour.

Want to help with the festivities? The Daru are in need of more pumpkins to decorate the event! Complete the Hallowtide Preparations daily quest to earn a Hallowtide Goodie Bag with a random selection of consumables and special event candies such as Greedy Goblin Gummies, Frankenflavor Jawbreakers, and Marshmellow Sugar Pumpkins. We also have Hallowtide cosmetic items for you and your home coming to the Marketplace, so keep your eyes peeled.

Enjoy Hallowtide, adventurers! "

Did I miss something or is this not the fully implemented event minus the Cash Shop items ?

This seems like its going to be a PREPARATION quest! Let me spell it out for you guys who cant read fine print. P R E P A R A T I O N.

Krestlyn
10-21-2014, 05:54 PM
All i have to say really is...Scott what happened? Where is your team from EQ2? If people never played or remember EQ2s Halloween event (Scott this means you too). Where is the Haunted Mansion instance and haunted maze instance that rewarded you with vanity housing items and capes and what not. Just sad coming from someone who did it perfect once already.

Mefit
10-21-2014, 06:02 PM
This seems like its going to be a PREPARATION quest! Let me spell it out for you guys who cant read fine print. P R E P A R A T I O N.

I think you are reading too much into it , everything is laid out . Down to the rewards of the quest and what to expect in Cash Shop .

"WANT TO HELP WITH THE FESTIVITES "
^ Hmm I wonder what people do when setting up a Party or Festival................Preparation , but hey I hope I am wrong .
I am not rage quiting either ....

NuncaGanoElQuini6
10-21-2014, 06:12 PM
well...sucks

RoiSpartakus
10-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Faudrait déjà régler le problème de propriété avant de nous proposer des évent de ce genre

Déjà fait plusieurs proposition du style:
Déjà propriétaire ne peut plus accéder à des terrain temps qu'il ne c'est pas acquitter de ces loyer en ******.
Buff de 10sec de priorité au joueur cassent l’épouvantail ou maison non protéger.
restreindre a 2 maison par compte .
revoir la position des terrain déjà placer.
Enfin bref ... merci à la guilde Infinitus de pourrir le serveur Janudar

Krestlyn
10-21-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah???? What this dude said

Expendable
10-21-2014, 06:27 PM
Nice picture of costumes that are unavailable in the game.

JerryBoyle
10-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Guess we'll have the cash shop stuff next week since it'll be closer to halloween

BrittneyCat
10-21-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm grateful that Trion is trying to put on an event for Halloween but I do wish it was more eventful... Halloween is my absolute favorite time of year and this "event" isn't really an event. It makes me sad because I was incredibly excited for Halloween in AA :(

Also WHERE ARE THE MAID OUTFITS?!?!?!

Saiphax
10-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Most of the features of AA are similar to Mabinogi, couldn't they borrow Mabinogi's event style too? That'd be way better than this event that sounds boring. But well, I haven't done it yet.. it might be interesting. I'll see when I get on tonight.

CodeMonkee
10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
So pirates are left out?
Freaking A guys what do you have against the pirate faction!? :(

Plagen
10-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Geez you guys ♥♥♥♥♥ about everything and anything. The game was release not too long ago, and there are still many issues (like lag spikes, bots, etc) that a lot of you ♥♥♥♥♥ about. You're all damn lucky to be getting an event at all. They could have just ignored Halloween all together and instead focus on stuff that is actually needed.

But, go ahead folks. Keep ♥♥♥♥♥ing. Its what you're all good at.

Jumpman
10-21-2014, 07:11 PM
YES! I love in-game holiday events! This just became the best MMO, thanks!

ManMeetDog
10-21-2014, 07:14 PM
This cant even be called an event. Talking to one person then buying 10 pumpkins from the same NPC is pretty lame. I understand there is a lot going on, but you couldn't even make us move 10 paces? Well its a bit disappointing I was excited for something festive and this is not entertaining in the least. Welp.. an item that we can buy from you is pretty much the only decent prize. I hope Christmas is better than this.

hugdealer
10-21-2014, 07:17 PM
meh .

hugdealer
10-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Geez you guys ♥♥♥♥♥ about everything and anything. The game was release not too long ago, and there are still many issues (like lag spikes, bots, etc) that a lot of you ♥♥♥♥♥ about. You're all damn lucky to be getting an event at all. They could have just ignored Halloween all together and instead focus on stuff that is actually needed.

there is so much wrong with this comment i'm going to complain about it. ♥♥♥♥ your comment.

Yoru
10-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Most of the features of AA are similar to Mabinogi, couldn't they borrow Mabinogi's event style too? That'd be way better than this event that sounds boring. But well, I haven't done it yet.. it might be interesting. I'll see when I get on tonight.

Isn't candy and campfire kits all we get from that darn Halloween event anyways? -.- lol

Irrstern
10-21-2014, 07:20 PM

they know how to make events...

play rift on events and you will have a ♥♥♥♥load of boring dailies :P
anyways trion is not to blame here for the events because they have to rely on XLGames to "create" these kind of Features

purdueAces
10-21-2014, 07:22 PM
Normally I don't bother with MMO forums. But this is a complete disaster.

GW2 may have had problems and been a bland game overall, but they ARE the bar in terms of how to handle and run holiday events. Special event quest lines, useful seasonal items awarded (all they have to do is be on par with other quest gear and look neat), random holiday themed spawns in every zone, and an entirely fresh holiday themed zone for jumping puzzles and/or dungeons.

That's the bar. It's way up there. Trion/XLGames are so far below, they can't even see it. Their heads are in their ♥♥♥ or something. Lame.

Irrstern
10-21-2014, 07:25 PM
yeye compare MMO with each other...keep on...show your inmature spirit to the world :)

Irisa
10-21-2014, 07:47 PM
I can't believe the amount of negativity.

Everyone just seems to want to jump on the band wagon and shout at Trion for being crap.

Well the fact is, the only reason you're playing Archeage at the moment is because of Trion, and i for one am very grateful.

I don't even have the time to check the forums most of the time, as there is always something to do in the game... Which leads me to believe that everyone continuously coming on to the forums just to flame Trion isn't actually interested in playing anyway.. and if thats the case..why don't you just leave? Go and play another game.. nobody wants to listen to whiny little children all day.

The only issue i have with the game at the moment is the hackers and botters... but guess what people, you get them in every single game. Trion are banning people, they make it apparent that they're doing so, but the fact is.. people can just keep making accounts, the hackers and the botters will never stop, the only thing Trion can do is try and keep the numbers down... which they are doing... You seriously can't expect Trion to be able to monitor every account, every second of the day. The fact they're trying to tackle these hackers is good enough. I know many games that just let it happen.

I'm hoping a new band wagon comes along soon and all of you ungrateful whiny gretins see it and run behind it with your tail between your legs.

As for the event... sounds good to me, breaks the day up a little, having to do a daily for some goodies.. I mean seriously people, what do you expect.. "oh it's hallowween, here you go people, we will make it really easy for you to get whatever you want and just ruin the economy within a week so everyone gets fed up and leaves"...no.

Again, the fact they're having an event, is good enough.

Trion.... Please continue doing what you're doing. Many of your supports are thankful for everything you do. Keep up the good work and just ignore these ignorant snobs.

BasstiantheDog
10-21-2014, 08:00 PM
AwwYeah..can't wait for this event to be fully accessible good job guys and thanks for making an effort to acknowledge the Holidays...BEST GAME EVA...AWWYEAH

Phiiil
10-21-2014, 08:08 PM
I'm not complaining but this really is a bland "event"...

Lol that is exactly what they SHOULD be doing, not just pump out some random mess of an event. I don't think many people care about a random temporary buff and a few cosmetics, most people care about the mechanics and functionality of the game. :P

ManMeetDog
10-21-2014, 08:11 PM

Everyone just seems to want to jump on the band wagon and shout at Trion for being crap.

Well the fact is, the only reason you're playing Archeage at the moment is because of Trion, and i for one am very grateful.

I don't even have the time to check the forums most of the time, as there is always something to do in the game... Which leads me to believe that everyone continuously coming on to the forums just to flame Trion isn't actually interested in playing anyway.. and if thats the case..why don't you just leave? Go and play another game.. nobody wants to listen to whiny little children all day.

The only issue i have with the game at the moment is the hackers and botters... but guess what people, you get them in every single game. Trion are banning people, they make it apparent that they're doing so, but the fact is.. people can just keep making accounts, the hackers and the botters will never stop, the only thing Trion can do is try and keep the numbers down... which they are doing... You seriously can't expect Trion to be able to monitor every account, every second of the day. The fact they're trying to tackle these hackers is good enough. I know many games that just let it happen.

I'm hoping a new band wagon comes along soon and all of you ungrateful whiny gretins see it and run behind it with your tail between your legs.

As for the event... sounds good to me, breaks the day up a little, having to do a daily for some goodies.. I mean seriously people, what do you expect.. "oh it's hallowween, here you go people, we will make it really easy for you to get whatever you want and just ruin the economy within a week so everyone gets fed up and leaves"...no.

Trion.... Please continue doing what you're doing. Many of your supports are thankful for everything you do. Keep up the good work and just ignore these ignorant snobs.

It's a fact, the event is bad. The way peoples emotions are being expressed may not be the in the most positive tone, but its not an event. Its a marketplace item that they are selling for real cash /Thread. Bottom line, there are no good rewards and no fun.

It strongly looks as if Trion is not a capable company. I have no clue as to the reasons behind all these failed fixes, all the mistakes, and all the problems. They either need to get their act together (if its their fault) or grow a backbone and stick it to XLGames(if its their fault) cause Trion your seriously looking like amateurs.

And second of all, Trion didn't bring this game to NA to please the players, they brough the game to make money. They deserve no appreciation for that. They would however deserve appreciation if the game was less flawed and not so aimed towards making money(which is clearly what it seems).

With all that being said, the game is still great, I love it and will continue to play it. Will I spend real money? I think that times over, I will be buying apex for sure until I feel it's justified to pay them for all the hacks that are in game and the issues that they are having. I would love to support them, but not so they can 1 day ban hackers. Sorry, but that's the cold truth.

Aeowin
10-21-2014, 08:29 PM

We're not even playing Archeage. We're playing some frankenstein ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ game. Because Trion is trying to "westernize" a game that WASNT ♥♥♥♥ING DESIGNED TO BE WESTERNIZED.

Redspawn77
10-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Hello! ok that's cool update for the ruler problems. But it's when we will have the opportunity to (tradpack) without housing, closed block access. Their barrier trees all what to do and not normal that I subscribe as many other players and it's starting to get on our nerves
Thank you kindly corrects this problem amicably Red ^^

Bonjour! bon ok c'est cool les mise à jour pour réglet les problèmes. Mais c'est quand qu'on aura la possibilité de faire des ( tradpack) sans que les habitation, les ferment bloc l'accès. Leur barrière les arbres tout quoi se n'et pas normal ça je suis abonné comme bien d'autres joueurs et cela commence à nous taper sur les nerfs
Merci de bien vouloir corrige ce problème amicalement Red ^^

Filou05
10-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Merci trion pour cette mise a jour : Cool:

TrueNoir
10-21-2014, 09:16 PM
okay so people are complaining because they actually have some kind of event for halloween and are ♥♥♥♥♥ing because it's just not like <insert mmorpg here> so you guys are already getting a major patch to add more land for auroria and you think its okay to complain about how good or how bad the halloween event is>? Cause in terms of updates they dont have to even give you anything your already getting updates. And i'm sure someones gonna be all like "But NOIR we had all of this auroria stuff in alpha" but alpha doesnt count to be honest be happy they are even doing anything for any holiday ive played alot of mmorpg's that had the same recycled events over for halloween every year such as the ones in Tera with only slight variations. I worked on development for a mmorpg for 9 years we had to start working on halloween events 2 months before the holiday even came up to provide stuff for halloween and got little to no respect for what we put out by most of the community. Game communities will never be happy even if the event is really well made and thought out people still complain even if the rewards are good.

Scribe of Salmacis
10-21-2014, 09:17 PM
I cannot stop laughing this is the best response out of the entire thread! =]

Lol! You're so right. xD "There goes Christmas..."

darkrei9n
10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
I saw a giant cow in one of the Korean videos. How do I get this giant cow.

DarkWynd
10-21-2014, 09:20 PM
so how are we non pay-to-play players suppose to get any where in this event if its planting pumpkins cause public fields dont allow pumpkins and and making illegal/hidden farms isnt really worth it since high labor cost and chance of theft over all really bogus to have to pay to even make farm plot and have enough labor to gather and craft

ITPalg
10-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Time for EverQuest II for some real events.

TrueNoir
10-21-2014, 09:27 PM
so how are we non pay-to-play players suppose to get any where in this event if its planting pumpkins cause public fields dont allow pumpkins and and making illegal/hidden farms isnt really worth it since high labor cost and chance of theft over all really bogus to have to pay to even make farm plot and have enough labor to gather and craft

Well if you don't wanna plant illegally then just team up with your guildies and ask if someone is willing to allow you access to there farm. The other thing is free to play players can buy patrons very easily. Most of the people in my guild just took all the questing gold they got for leveling to 50 and dumped it into getting patrons. Then once you have it just keep doing enough to buy your next month. Theres no reason why you'd have to spend money. There's also enough online resources which you can complete surveys and stuff and get money to pay for a 15 dollar subscription or get a job if your old enough too. There's more then enough options you just have to be a hard worker either in game or irl.

ProtosX
10-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Im pretty curious about this event stuff and i do hope its worth my time, coz if not... id rather farm and do trade runs.

anyway thanks for the event TRION.

Shaynnas
10-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Um like 2 events. and you get a piece of candy..... so not even worth a thread.

Noah
10-21-2014, 09:36 PM
On KR server they had a halloween fishing rod.

Rubius
10-21-2014, 09:36 PM
As was mentioned, you can either illegal farm somewhere clever (it only has to go 3 hours without being seen) or team up with a guildmate who owns land.

If you're playing solo and you're 100% free-to-play, and non-patron, then yes, you'll have quite a few challenges. That's simply how the game is set up.

Nata
10-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi I just want to know if this quest is on account base?
Cos my alt get the pumpkin quest but my main dun see any "exclamation mark" on the auctioneer.
Please advise.

Whiskey Punisher
10-21-2014, 09:41 PM
There are plenty of places off the beaten path to plant where it is hidden.

Also, to all the people crying about Trion just wanting money. XL Games has total control over what Trion can and can not release to us.

Vaeye
10-21-2014, 09:43 PM
So why are Salphira and Ollo undergoing maintenance all the sudden? No warning or explanation as of yet.

Whiskey Punisher
10-21-2014, 09:46 PM
So why are Salphira and Ollo undergoing maintenance all the sudden? No warning or explanation as of yet.

There was a flash on the screen that server was coming down for a brief maintenance.

Scratch that. Ollo and Salphira crashed.

Ketec
10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
its very disappointing... one daily quest that gives u a candy.. for xp... when ur level 50!! -_-

Reyna
10-21-2014, 09:53 PM
OK so i spent real money of Credits before the event to buy costumes and I am PISSED OFF! I would have bought every single piece of the costume but i don't wanna have to earn it by opening 1000 boxes and praying i get it. I am extremely disappointed by the amount of effort you put into the event. You didn't even dress up the main city everyone hangs out in. I will never use real money on your store again, complete waste of my money.

Deslak
10-21-2014, 10:03 PM
THIS IS soo wrong, the GM's dont respect players at all! when i was finally about to play after almost 10 hours server OFF, than this...Salphira is Maintence!
first of all i paid for alpha version so i suposed to get 159 combo price whitch include patron and i didnt had it when finally a GM responde my email saying: "Theres nothing wrong whith youre account, you have the "A" buff" so when i checked ...that *&%¨%$%*&(&(*@Y*&(@ set the "A" buff finally and lieing about so wouldnt have to make it up for the Days i lost!! this is very unprofessional and disrespectfull to youre custumers(players) , thats what happen when you high nerds intead real professional IT people!!!
congrats TRION YOU SUCH! and if keep like this...boots..hackers...economy of the game(whitch is the whole point of the game play) will crash numbers making impossible to comerce making a feell super rich and the rest poor just like COMUNISM COUNTRY'S! SO PEOPLE....WELCOME TO CUBA! AHHA
i mean...seriously! the only reason i dont stop playing is cause the ideia of the game economy is good, but whenever i find out a game like this more trustfully like from ST*** or UB**** than will tell to TRION : "-GO TO HELL GM's !!! and ADM's!!"
and if keep stilling from me and treating me not as a player custumer but as trash...ill suit in special jury in my countrie whitch gives me great "rights" to be lay on!

Daldal
10-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Can someone tell me what's the uniform the woman in the picture is wearing? i know it's not the costume from the chest tho

Olia
10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Can someone tell me what's the uniform the woman in the picture is wearing? i know it's not the costume from the chest tho

costume from marketplace

ProtosX
10-21-2014, 10:18 PM
costume from marketplace

And they are base on RNG ^_^ they are inside a hallowtide crate box for 400+ credits ^_^ seems like events in this game are meant for money making =P

bellomonte
10-21-2014, 10:23 PM
what kind of joke is this event have seen crap event but this one win x1000 time any other game

good job trion dont worry few month more and you can close game with that crap

grant
10-21-2014, 10:56 PM
help wtf trion post a fix for the virus you are sending wtf

Loipop
10-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Umm, go learn from runescape how to make Halloween event you idiots.

Loipop
10-21-2014, 11:24 PM
There are plenty of places off the beaten path to plant where it is hidden.

Also, to all the people crying about Trion just wanting money. XL Games has total control over what Trion can and can not release to us.

not events.

Shaynnas
10-21-2014, 11:28 PM
The Halloween Giftpacks also have little to nothing to do with Halloween....

Daldal
10-21-2014, 11:46 PM
And they are base on RNG ^_^ they are inside a hallowtide crate box for 400+ credits ^_^ seems like events in this game are meant for money making =P

no, the costume is available on the main > new window of marketplace. Too bad you can't fuse them with other armor :( i kinda want a refund after i found out abt this

garfield
10-22-2014, 12:18 AM
trion archeage, the only mmo where events costumes are hidden in a RNG box.
way to go trion on getting the award of the most predatory game of the year.

TheThudor
10-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Missing Rift's Halloween Event! :(

TheDominus
10-22-2014, 12:53 AM
Yea this "event" is a little absurd. I thought the costumes would at least have a decent chance of being dropped from the chests. I spent the rest of my founder pack credits and got 9 boxes and didn't get anything but consumable crap. You can't really call this an event. It's advertising cash shop RNG. I'm finding it hard to want to keep playing this game but I've got other friends who don't really care about this event one way or the other who are going to continue playing.

This is one thing I really dislike about free to play titles. I'd much rather pay a monthly fee and have quality events than deal with nonsense like this. I'm not even against spending money on this game. If the stuff makes sense I'll drop money without much thought but this just feels way too cash grabby. Short sighted grab at money. I think I'll be using this game to bide my time until my next real mmo focus.

Silmaris
10-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Also WHERE ARE THE MAID OUTFITS?!?!?!

Be quiet I'm doing a trade run!

Nathaniel
10-22-2014, 01:31 AM
♥♥♥♥ing hell people. Is there anything at all that wil make you happy? Yes, it's a useless event. GET OVER IT.?

Silmaris
10-22-2014, 01:33 AM
GET OVER IT.?

Be quiet I'm doing a trade run!

PakcikPower
10-22-2014, 01:45 AM
from Hallowtide Giftpack on first try! :)

http://s10.postimg.org/3mvngsx4p/new.png

http://s30.postimg.org/h765tsj3l/2134.png

Reyna
10-22-2014, 01:59 AM
I hate your luck but congratz I am eternally Jelly of you :P

infamousronin
10-22-2014, 02:25 AM
bye bye to archeage until auroria

Timeraider
10-22-2014, 03:01 AM
♥♥♥♥ing hell people. Is there anything at all that wil make you happy? Yes, it's a useless event. GET OVER IT.?

Its not an event. Its 1 dailly quest.
Hopefully real stuff starts happening over the coming days because if it stays like this it sure as hell aint no holiday :P

nito99
10-22-2014, 03:33 AM
honestly... it's the 22th... some days till Halloween. Why don't we just see and wait what comes down the next days.

Honestly... the number of forums of mmos getting filled with impatient people who rant about everything and often not even double checking their infos skyrockets every then and now. (no offense here in this thread. Just in general)

While I often enjoyed events themed after certain things like Halloween, Christmas, St. Pattricks Days, 4th july since I played many NA Games despite being EU I have to say that in general I rather participate in random GM Made Events (idk spawing mobs or so) than additional dailies for w.e. holiday stuff.

If the stuff like decos/buff items/w.e. is themed well and fits then it's okay. It's just horrible to see someone in a Panda costume fight a boss while the healer in a cow costume heals and a penguin takes him down. (talking about Rappelz for example).

I do agree that AA could have taken it to the next level since the farming part could have been combined with thanksgiving as well.

But all this rage because of an event which hasn't even fully started/finished? You guys should focus on spamming the hacking threads rather than this.

Efitall
10-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Ponson'd Entrails Hat

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/MedusaV/Halloween-PoisondEntrailsHat_zpsd63d3dff.jpg

Toil and Trouble Hat

http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a436/MedusaV/Halloween-ToilandTroubleHat_zps61715484.jpg

XxAlucardxX
10-22-2014, 03:48 AM
lool guys :)

garfield
10-22-2014, 03:57 AM
congrats for your contribution to Trion pension fund.

Lazylion
10-22-2014, 04:06 AM
Most disappointing event ever! Go look how Star Trek Online does events they make some of the best events in games! This is just so very disappointing and bad made! Sorry we have had a very rough start, sitting in queues at launch for hours and hours waiting to get into a game we have payed for. And when we finally got in we crashed or had to wait in queue at allmost every single quest. Not to mention the massive amounts of bugs and glithes that you dont respond to and which we have to live with and I havent even started on the bots yet! And we the paying players gave you tons of support for your game and this is what we get in return? Badly made events that is pointless and just a chance for you to milk people more with your cashshop, thats just not good enough! 3 pieces of candy? Most disappointing event ever! You should be able to do better than this!

TallestMidget
10-22-2014, 04:08 AM

I am so very jelous of you. That looks awesome!

muckshifter
10-22-2014, 04:14 AM
Halloween - Korea ??

Yes, I know this is a 'westernised' version of the game, but I honestly didn't think Trion have any real Dev powers.

I want the hat! :)

Demper
10-22-2014, 04:27 AM
this update made my anti-virus get angry lol....
so all in all great update :P

DrWookie
10-22-2014, 04:32 AM

I am so so sorry Scapes. You can't honestly be proud writing this announcement. I would hate to be in your shoes. It's so embarrassing.

Khosrau
10-22-2014, 04:53 AM
The Russians get a lot of cool stuff and we get RNG boxes? :(

Briseris
10-22-2014, 05:16 AM
I used to know very fun MMOs dropping lottery tickets or things to collect from mobs you kill, and these events were crazy. In this example, they could have made that while farming mobs you collect some types of items and a number of each, of course not tradeable, and you could go to a NPC that would finally give your reward like that Vampire costume. I can tell you this would be a lot of advertisment and would give joy to people's hearts that are less and less motivated by all the hacking issues / support not refunding / lack of housing etc etc....

zalvati0n
10-22-2014, 05:24 AM
This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Trion only wants money! Why do we need to by a freagin RNG! To get some event stuff?!

You're really destroying this game, make everything pricey and HARD TO GET, and let the hackers/botters rule the game!

WP Trion!

Roanark
10-22-2014, 05:27 AM
The Russians get a lot of cool stuff and we get RNG boxes? :(

Don't forget the marketplace house decorations! I mean, someone has to help Trino decorate since it's such an arduous task that they were only able to throw some streamers and jack-o-lanterns in a little part of like 2 towns...

Jukebaws
10-22-2014, 05:57 AM
So you prefer getting people even more angry by selling some more items on the marketplace to get some more money instead of fixing:

- land grab hack
- teleport hack
- radar hack
- speed/gliding hack
- massive amount of bots
- AH hacks
- banning clean players instead of bots/hacker

But hey, i think i don't have to mention people are totally mad, you just have to look at the first 1289 forum pages.

HaVoK023
10-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Where do im going to place my coffing if i cant get land to place my little house because housing lands are filled with scarecrows for sale...

At least give us a cursed dagger or something we can kill with it. :/

Orzosro
10-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Why not just add everything to the market place now, rather than later?

because they want to take the servers down for another 6 hours to add them.

TheDeadEye
10-22-2014, 06:25 AM
I logged in today expecting to collect some more candy from the "daily quest" and come to find out that apparently it was a one-time quest. So there goes any hope of collecting candy and trading them in for prizes at Mirage isle like KR/RU. :/

Also, the outfit for sale in the marketplace looks like a trashbag, not a dress. And I refuse to spend money on lottery chests.

Great event guys. :(

Khosrau
10-22-2014, 06:31 AM
Don't forget the marketplace house decorations! I mean, someone has to help Trino decorate since it's such an arduous task that they were only able to throw some streamers and jack-o-lanterns in a little part of like 2 towns...

Well, I don't have a house to decorate, since a single person gets them all in my server.

Khosrau
10-22-2014, 06:33 AM
I logged in today expecting to collect some more candy from the "daily quest" and come to find out that apparently it was a one-time quest. So there goes any hope of collecting candy and trading them in for prizes at Mirage isle like KR/RU. :/

Also, the outfit for sale in the marketplace looks like a trashbag, not a dress. And I refuse to spend money on lottery chests.

Great event guys. :(
Well, I may actually buy it for my male character, it looks pretty good on males. But it requires a lot of fusion alembics too, so idk.

Yuisoku
10-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I like the dress on itemshop, at first i did not saw it. Luckily its not in RNG box. So i'm now partly happy.

Khosrau
10-22-2014, 07:08 AM
I like the dress on itemshop, at first i did not saw it. Luckily its not in RNG box. So i'm now partly happy.

Too bad it's one of those fusion stuff and not a costume.

Leingoda
10-22-2014, 07:21 AM
big ♥♥♥♥, nothing in mirage island... No gildas, just Tombola... NO GOOD IDEA x) . Why you kill the game ? RIFT is the perfect example ...

Malackai
10-22-2014, 07:32 AM

well take ff14 then its relatively new as well the hallow tide event is is pretty neat sure it has some simple quests sure that send you over to all 3 main towns and after that it has a fate where you can get some currency to buy a halloween costume for your chocobo but atleast you get a full costume for just finishing the quest chain.

Here we get RNG boxes so we have a chance to get the costume.

Even in dragon prophet (a true f2pgame) your able to buy costumes of the market place directly and I think some where even awarded by doing quests?

I am fully aware the game is just out but after reading some other comments where the KR and RUS version actually have some other stuff for the event This whole rng box stuff is starting to annoy me.

DrWookie
10-22-2014, 07:53 AM
This is the perfect example of a situation where if you aren't going to at least put in some effort, you shouldn't bother.

I honestly wouldn't care if there was no "Halloween Event" at all...I typically find festive/holiday themed events pointless. That being said, if you are going to actually advertise one and do one, it should be more than a few decorations in 2 towns and 1 daily quest. Either don't do it all, or at least try.

If you are planning a Christmas Event like this one seriously guys, think again. Just not worth it.

ManMeetDog
10-22-2014, 08:00 AM
Come to think of it they may not have wanted to do a mob killing event since all the bots would be killing mobs 24/7. Plus extralife is just around the corner.. maybe it's a justified event. Lets wait it out.

CrityCat
10-22-2014, 08:03 AM
This is pure crap all the event cosmetic items are exclusive to the marketplace... gg

Star
10-22-2014, 08:14 AM
..wheres my cat costume and flying broom?

Sayura
10-22-2014, 08:25 AM
Are either of the costumes dyable? Why is nothing dyable in this game. :|

zalvati0n
10-22-2014, 09:07 AM
Trion is getting too greedy!!

Yoru
10-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Are either of the costumes dyable? Why is nothing dyable in this game. :|

Nope it's not dyeable

mkenyon
10-22-2014, 09:40 AM
Is there is a list of what drops out of the RNG box?

jiggu
10-22-2014, 09:57 AM
Is there is a list of what drops out of the RNG box?

No, but you can sum it up as "Suffering, Misery and Dissapointment"

TattedSoul
10-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Really disappointed with the event. I knew it was coming cause of the Korean version but still. There's only so much Trion can do. This fumble goes to XL Games..

These are the people you need to talk to.

XLGAMES INC
5F (SOUTH) H-SQUARE Bldg., 231,
Pangyoyeok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Tel +82-31-789-3570 (031-789-3570 local)
Fax +82-31-789-3560 (031-789-3560 local)

Career inquiry apply@xlgames.com
Business inquiry business@xlgames.com
PR inquiry pr@xlgames.com

mkenyon
10-22-2014, 10:08 AM
No, but you can sum it up as "Suffering, Misery and Dissapointment"
So you don't have a list of what it drops, but you can objectively judge it? Sounds inconsistent.

HappyZavulon
10-22-2014, 10:18 AM
So, where is the actual event? :\

Raile
10-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Really disappointed with the event. I knew it was coming cause of the Korean version but still. There's only so much Trion can do. This fumble goes to XL Games..

These are the people you need to talk to.

XLGAMES INC
5F (SOUTH) H-SQUARE Bldg., 231,
Pangyoyeok-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea
Tel +82-31-789-3570 (031-789-3570 local)
Fax +82-31-789-3560 (031-789-3560 local)

Career inquiry apply@xlgames.com
Business inquiry business@xlgames.com
PR inquiry pr@xlgames.com

You're saying Trion has no part in this particular decision? I'm not sure I believe that.

Gotchaz
10-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Is that the Vampire one? does it have the leech skill on it like the Korean version? chance to get a % of life on damage or something like that.

Gotchaz
10-22-2014, 10:27 AM
So, where is the actual event? :\

Is that Mirage guy you give him 10 pumpkins and you get a candy. The rest is giving them $$$ for a chance to maybe get something in return :D I thought gambling was illegal. Wonder if they have a license to do this?

SilverWolf
10-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Yeah this Event is pretty bad for a first halloween event in a new game. DEVS should take note of GUILD WARS 2!!! now that is a game where the devs know how to do a Halloween event.

Guild Wars 2 (http://guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/october-21-2014/)

Yep i think i will load that game back up just for the event :)

Misao
10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
I would rly love to buy the costumes in the shop. I hate this randome box stuff :<
Dont even have a problem to pay 40 or 50 euro for the cosume...but i cant get this random stuff :<

HappyZavulon
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Is that Mirage guy you give him 10 pumpkins and you get a candy. The rest is giving them $$$ for a chance to maybe get something in return :D I thought gambling was illegal. Wonder if they have a license to do this?

I mean that when you say "event" you usually mean something happening in game, like a GM hosted dance party on the Party Boat or something.
A quest for 10 pumpkins and a cash shop item feels kinda "meh", I've seen better events in other games on private servers, let alone official ones.

KC Shinigami
10-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Why do we have to pay "Real Money" for a "Event" items?

This is completely and utterly idiotic. How much greedier are you people going to get.

Linda
10-22-2014, 11:08 AM
This is the perfect example of a situation where if you aren't going to at least put in some effort, you shouldn't bother.

I honestly wouldn't care if there was no "Halloween Event" at all...I typically find festive/holiday themed events pointless. That being said, if you are going to actually advertise one and do one, it should be more than a few decorations in 2 towns and 1 daily quest. Either don't do it all, or at least try.

If you are planning a Christmas Event like this one seriously guys, think again. Just not worth it.

Completely agree!
Have some quests for us to do and reward house decorations/recipes or costumes. Add some fun content. This is certainly not an event...this is a few decorations. Considering how much money some of us have put into this game already, it'd be nice to see things added to the game that aren't only obtained via marketplace purchases...

Turtlesaurus Turtlus
10-22-2014, 11:10 AM
So you release new cash shop box and made an event out of it.

awesome.

might as well rename the box to 'event stuff' to make it a bit more clear for people who expected more than 1 daily quest that takes 6 seconds to complete.

Lyrique
10-22-2014, 11:46 AM

This is the funniest thing yet...I hope that don't f**k up Christmas...geez!!

Emerald Fox
10-22-2014, 12:20 PM
Guys truth be told Trion are innocent in this one. they didn't make the event. Your all forgetting this is a Korean game and that the Korean games company is just renting servers and translation services from Trion for this game. But Trion need t up there game though when it comes to hackers bots and gold sellers in the game though I feel as well as having a few in game GM's runing around trying to keep on top with those problems.

Still good to see a Halloween event though as it is my fav holiday and I was worried that there would int be one with this being a Korean game and wasent sure if they celebrated Halloween there

Emerald Fox
10-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah this Event is pretty bad for a first halloween event in a new game. DEVS should take note of GUILD WARS 2!!! now that is a game where the devs know how to do a Halloween event.

Guild Wars 2 (http://guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/releases/october-21-2014/)

Yep i think i will load that game back up just for the event :)

You make a good point this Event looks SWEET!!!

Kaiserdominus
10-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Guys truth be told Trion are innocent in this one. they didn't make the event. Your all forgetting this is a Korean game and that the Korean games company is just renting servers and translation services from Trion for this game. But Trion need t up there game though when it comes to hackers bots and gold sellers in the game though I feel as well as having a few in game GM's runing around trying to keep on top with those problems.

Still good to see a Halloween event though as it is my fav holiday and I was worried that there would int be one with this being a Korean game and wasent sure if they celebrated Halloween there

Well they didn´t need to screw with the event even more by being greedy and placing stuff inside a RNG box(even less after how they been preaching the versions can´t be different and now they change the rules cause money), KR/RU versions didn´t had that and you where able to get the stuff from Marketplace without making it into a gamble with highly unfair chances for a cosmetic item with no purpose, also we don´t even get half of the events done in KR version such as free outfits in quests.

Also the fact that as soon as this gambling thing comes out they start being aggressive with gold sellers and gold buyers, coincidence?.

ShadowscaleDarkmoon
10-22-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm glad to see that you guys are trying something for an event. It may not be much, but it is your first time making one for this game at this time. I hope to see some more later on from you guys. ^-^

Yoru
10-22-2014, 01:18 PM
I really love the products that were implemented for Halloween. They are high quality with nice effects and provide a lot of fun and Halloween spirit! As for the event itself, no it isn't good. That being said though I didn't think we'd get an event at all so I'm still glad for what we got.

http://i.imgur.com/gj4OBjZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MwFtrR5.jpg

jaydefire
10-22-2014, 01:24 PM
i got a cool flying horse from blizz for halloween lol

Merkhen
10-22-2014, 01:31 PM
ok, if this was the first hallowen event for trion. or the first hallowen event for archeage, then this would be some nice event.

BUT trion do amazing events for rift, and archeage have really good events with the other publishers.

so... why trion?? why??
why if i only want the costume, i have to pay for a rng box that can drop every item for this event!! and is called event, when there are nothing realted to an event besides a WHOLE daily quest.

you have no excuse.
the items implemented are really good.... bu those item are common across every hallowen event in archeage, kr-ru, that's not somenthing that trion gave to us, that was already part of the game. the "event" thing, is wat trion gave to us, and is only that daily quest.

add this to that point: every item (besides the decorative ones, that 80% of the players can't use cuz they don't have land) is in the same RNG box!!!!!!

even TERA with their RNG system that sucks money from the pockets of everyone gave different boxes for costumes, mounts and consumables.

even GW2 do a better job there!!! or tibia!!! even DOTA2 without the diretide do a better job there!!!

this is just, dissapointing.

knashville
10-22-2014, 01:48 PM
You call this an "event" Trion?! This is a sorry excuse for an event! ONE quest! Granted it's a daily but still only ONE quest? And all the costumes have to be purchased?! For a free to play game, you sure have a lot of stuff that requires paying for!

I would be ok with having to buy the vampire costume, but it being an RNG item from a chest that you have to purchase? That's ridiculous!

Khells
10-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Greedy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s...... I am pretty sure this game has enough RNG without making even costumes RNG with your crappy chests in the store.

Jebeninick
10-22-2014, 03:43 PM
This RNG game isn't dead yet? Funny.

Yoru
10-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Thank you Trion for giving me the opportunity of owning my very own graveyard! This is all the boyfriends I've killed...#totallyNotABlackWidow

http://i.imgur.com/mSqrNj9.jpg

#GhostPhotoBomb

grant
10-22-2014, 04:58 PM
fix the ♥♥♥♥ing virus trion or post a stable exe i can downlaod so i dont have to download the hole game virus and all ♥♥♥♥ you fix this ♥♥♥♥ stop sending viruses

TsubakiYami
10-22-2014, 05:09 PM
While I agree with most players here that a daily quest is lacking in the festive department, lolly buffs seems somewhat meh. Room for improvement for Trion, I guess. :/

grant
10-22-2014, 05:10 PM
♥♥♥♥ you trion fix the viruys post a stable exe we can download

Nethelli
10-22-2014, 07:34 PM
This is what passes for "event" now? I sincerely hope this is just the lead-in to something better.

Rohplyz
10-22-2014, 10:50 PM

Yes we are because the event is garbage.

ProtosX
10-22-2014, 11:15 PM
opened 7K worth of boxes and guess what... no fashion cloths... only 1 plushie and ♥♥♥♥ tons of candies... i will never ever ever buy any of this RNG boxes. ^_^

MaxBiggy
10-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Same i would buy that costume,( not the ugly s..t one they sell in market) But gambling for it ? screw that.

NewD
10-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Really disappointed by the event. A single quest lol :(

greebo
10-23-2014, 01:19 AM
Say what you want about the event. I got a friend that looted a 1200 gold item at the end in the pack.

Irony is the guy is 'rich' already (which I guess is a relative turn), but yah, he was already in the upper own whatever the F i want crew, AND maintain that flow.

nito99
10-23-2014, 02:31 AM
opened 7K worth of boxes and guess what... no fashion cloths... only 1 plushie and ♥♥♥♥ tons of candies... i will never ever ever buy any of this RNG boxes. ^_^

I guess 7k worth of credits. Otherwise (if you mean gold) please stand in the corner and think what you have done. Anyway I purchased some boxes (30) for around 300g and got a costume (the nicer one) plus around 180g worth of items (already sold them on the ah). So I guess these boxes in general arent that bad. Even if I didnt get the costume I would have at least got some money from it. I even got 2 hats which made the day for my guildy. And I got some nice armor regrade scrolls. Sold the candies for quite good gold especially the 500 LP candy.

Noxus
10-23-2014, 02:40 AM
I have some ideas for Trion to add to this event.
You could possibly have some new, creepy weapons. Including various Scythes, Possessed Weaponry, Hellish and Demonic Looking Weapons, etc.
Also, lots and lots of costumes will be nice.
Maybe some Skeletal Mounts.
New Raids With Excusive Gear, World Bosses, Plants, Livestock, Ships, Houses, Gliders, Décor, etc.

Yoru
10-23-2014, 03:46 AM
Same i would buy that costume,( not the ugly s..t one they sell in market) But gambling for it ? screw that.

Which costume are you guys talking about? None of the Halloween ones are in the market place or do I just not see them?

TheDeadEye
10-23-2014, 06:46 AM
Which costume are you guys talking about? None of the Halloween ones are in the market place or do I just not see them?

Click on 'General' and then 'New' and you'll find the new costume. On guys it looks halfway decent, but on my girl it has all the grace of a black trash bag. :/

MandingoMeatSlap
10-23-2014, 10:29 AM
you all expect game breaking stuff or something? and like come on not for nothing the cosmetics do nothing to change game play or anything they are just looks in turn you dont need them to make game play easier they are style points thats it every game i have ever played is like that. The game is a very good game too me im sure you feel the same dont be a hater. i bought 3 boxes and got my witch hat GG.

MaxBiggy
10-23-2014, 11:13 AM

Bloody ball Gown . can be gotten from those damn s..ty boxes. a one piece costume that you can wear with armor.

lilblue
10-23-2014, 11:30 AM
This look coll Scrapes hpow i get witches costum

Mira Rift
10-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Sigh* I wish the cool "vampire" costume was available to buy straight out; I think you would have made a lot of money on that; but I guess you are anyway with the gambling for it.

I do want to say that I was impressed with many of the items you could buy and had fun decorating with them. My one problem is knowing "what" to look for on the Auction House. It would be nice that when you make an event announcement that pictures with item names be included, so people will know what to look/ask for in game.

So few people bother to decorate that it is a real pleasure to come across places that do. Now, how about those larger storage boxes to put these décor items into? :D

outbackfu
10-23-2014, 01:58 PM
♥♥♥♥ you trion stop sending viruses stop kicking my accounts i can make faster then you can kick or block my ip why not fix the real issue and post a ♥♥♥♥ing exe we can all download and stop uploading viruses ♥♥♥♥ you trion ♥♥♥♥ you admin do something you goofs

Drannel
10-23-2014, 02:44 PM
I maintain 5 Patron Accounts to support this game, and i get banned for no reason? this really sucks, my couple of my Farm Taxes will expire in 2days, if its this slow i might lose those farms. if that happens i guess i am done with this game. i had to wait 5hrs on Live Support Que just to be told that they cant help banned accounts. i sent mail to appeals and this is all i get. not even a timeframe...

Your question has been received. Due to heavier than normal traffic, our wait times are longer than usual. We will be in touch as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.
To update your question with additional information, click here to login and update your ticket.

If you are unable to log in you can reply directly to this email and it will update your ticket.
Subject

Sir, i need explaination about my account being Banned?

Question Reference # 141023-000879

Date Created: 10/22/2014 07:40 PM
Date Last Updated: 10/22/2014 07:40 PM

Sir, this is a great game, please do not ruin it this early... do something to fix this mess. Thank you

Kittens
10-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Just got it

http://abload.de/thumb/screenshot0116iosut.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot0116iosut.jpg) http://abload.de/thumb/screenshot011783s5e.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot011783s5e.jpg)