PDA

View Full Version : Constant crashing to desktop since last patch - EVERY 30 MINUTES >.>

Alluura
10-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Since the last patch, I've been crashing straight to desktop with no error messages. It happens every 15 - 30 minutes. Like I said, there is no error message or any other indication of something specific having gone wrong - the game application just ends.

I've tried running Glyph as administrator as some people suggested - crashed even faster that time (within 5 minutes).

Not sure what to do as you can't really get anything meaningful done in that little time. Any suggestions? =/

NananananananananaCatman
10-23-2014, 07:54 PM
There's a lot of threads going around with numerous suggestions about this problem which specifically started after this last patch for these users...my friend has tried them all and is still having the problem. It seems to be happening mostly for users with AMD chipsets. Haven't seen a single reply from anyone from Trion. About to lose a good friend in this fun game because no one has come to recognize this issue and address it. Worst part is when we do try to fix the problem, we have to wait 10-30 minutes until finding out if it worked or not.

Alluura
10-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, this is incredibly annoying. My game has always run slightly laggy, but was always stable with no crashes. Super annoyed that there has been no word.

We don't expect Trion to get everything right the first go around. That's fine. What I do expect is some acknowledgment that they're working on it (not even in this specific thread, just ... anywhere). Nothing.

Aeva
10-24-2014, 03:50 AM
A friend had me delete some files from the hack shield, then update it... I'm still having a few crashes off and on, but its not nearly as game breaking as it was before. So if you find info about a hack shield update I'd give that a try.

NananananananananaCatman
10-24-2014, 11:17 PM
we already tried that but thanks :(

Thorandril
10-24-2014, 11:55 PM
friend of mine has similar issues, AMD chipset and all. While the game can crash multiple times for me loading in and trying to log into the world I typically don't have any issues once in. Intel chipset, though.

youtube Jasonwivart
10-25-2014, 12:56 AM
Same things here and my whole computer ends up freezing a lot of the time as well.

blackAdder77
10-25-2014, 01:05 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?97104-Constant-Crashing-After-Patch/page3

check the part about orochi, fixed it for me, i can finally play after 3 days of getting frozen after 10-20 mins ingame

NananananananananaCatman
10-25-2014, 08:36 AM
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?97104-Constant-Crashing-After-Patch/page3

check the part about orochi, fixed it for me, i can finally play after 3 days of getting frozen after 10-20 mins ingame

Thanks but we tried that too. It's very specific I think with what AMD hardware you have.

taramjwi
10-25-2014, 08:58 AM

deal is trion needs to fix it. people shouldn't have to go out and find some 3rd party program and download it from who knows where. all the while hoping it works... this is what happens when you have spaghetti code... throw in a serious lack of testing...

lisa
10-25-2014, 09:18 AM
The Gylth update did not fix this. But i hope the next patch will? When will be get the next patch?

Xannziee
10-25-2014, 09:23 AM
deal is trion needs to fix it. people shouldn't have to go out and find some 3rd party program and download it from who knows where. all the while hoping it works... this is what happens when you have spaghetti code... throw in a serious lack of testing...

Spaghetti code is the word. I havent been able to play more than a few min a time after last patch. Im surprised Trion doesnt address this... :'(

Autumnrain
10-25-2014, 04:18 PM
You should count yourself lucky. Mine is currently booting me after either several seconds or several minutes.

I literally can't do anything. I keep trying. But I am losing hope. Soon I will just ask if they wouldn't mind giving me my money back. I can't play. I paid to play. This is ridiculous. I crash either to desktop, black screen, or blue screen of death. Sometimes it just restarts my computer without a warning or blue screen or anything.

I really think their game is just broken. It sucks so much because I had such high hopes. I really have enjoyed the month or so I was able to play without issues. Now I can't get in for a few moments at a time even, and I have to watch my guildies doing all sorts of things while I don't do anything but crash over and over again no matter what I do.

Ugh.

Haggerty
10-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Having the same issue on a system I built for my gf. Game ran beautifully for a few weeks, then the last patch crashed while installing. Game wouldn't run, completely uninstalled (deleting all files related to Archeage and Glyph) and re-installed. Now it launches but runs very stuttery, and crashes shortly thereafter (10-20 minutes, sometimes quicker). Got latest drivers etc etc.

Windows 7 64 bit
Radeon HD 4850
Intel Pentium Processor G3258
Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Haggerty
10-25-2014, 05:32 PM
Having the same issue on a system I built for my gf. Game ran beautifully for a few weeks, then the last patch crashed while installing. Game wouldn't run, completely uninstalled (deleting all files related to Archeage and Glyph) and re-installed. Now it launches but runs very stuttery, and crashes shortly thereafter (10-20 minutes, sometimes quicker). Got latest drivers etc etc.

Windows 7 64 bit
Radeon HD 4850
Intel Pentium Processor G3258
Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

In our case we may have fixed this. First I disabled Catalyst Control Center from loading. That seemed to stabilize the game, but the stuttering was still there. Closed Glyph while game was running also, and performance seemed to return to normal.