PDA

View Full Version : Guild forums

anomander27
10-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Guild tools
I'm not certain if this is the correct place to post this thought, or if it's been brought up already. There's 158 pages of posts and I'm not looking through them all.

Guild forums - My guild has created a guild forum on an independent site. It's going to fail. In all of the online games I've played of this nature I've never seen one succeed where more than 5% actually went on them. Great people, hearts are in the right place, but it's the nature of people to avoid things that are out of the way. I have however played one game, though I'm sure there are more out there, that had a simple forums system built in and they were infinetly more successful. It drastically improved participation and also made organization for guild officers and leaders significantly easier. It overall made the game more enjoyable since it made things to do more easily accessible. It also gives the game developers a more accessible road to reach all the players via there own tab. Announcements and the general comings and goings in game will be right there a click away. It doesn't have to be anything grand, just a lil something for us to make the game more enjoyable.