+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Most monsters being pretty useless.. lets change that

Most monsters being pretty useless.. lets change that

so.. while people say this is a sandbox game and it reminds them of ... vanilla wow, eve online and ultima online.. i have to agree with them but only very little..

In those games if you killed monsters, they would drop loot of different kind. here they "only" drop those coinpurses.. and to me monsters has become something you kill while you level up because of quests or because you take aggro and cant get away.. besides that there is hardly any reason to kill the monsters..

NOW what i would like if we could have all monsters to drop something that could be used in crafting
    An excampel: Low level spiders can drop stuff that can be used in cooking/alchemy and other things.
    Right now if the mobs does not give ex.. well then they do not drop coinpurses and then theres no reason at all to kill them.. why make the monsters in the game so pointless ?

Lets learn from Ultima Online and all the rest of the MMO games out there
    Kill skeletons for their bones
    Kill earth elementals for a iron/stone/gems drops
    Kill flying monsters for feathers
    Kill monsters for special seeds/saplings/deco

as it is now most stuff can be bought in shops and or crafted.

This will make AH even better
    This will enhance world pvp also
    Even the pve aspect will be improved

say YES to monster loot !
    If you can kill it - Kill it
    If you can steal it - Steal it

SECRET ORDER

I do miss monster loot but im glad i dont have to grind them too.

I agree. Also what bothers me a lot is that coin purse drops are not dynamic.

A lv 41 mob has the same 50% dropchance, as a lv 50 mob. The dropchance should scale with the level. Currently there are like ~3 overfarmed areas and the rest of the world is empty.

Killing monsters is for gold sellers only. All you get is gold and archeum und lunarite stuff (which efficiently sells for Gold on AH after you have salvaged it). I understand the idea behind having farms for crafting materials and monsters... well just for some challange, gold and item drops. But I am not sure it's solution fit for a sandbox design.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMulen View Post
    Im whining coz i dont know about auroria library
    then wait for the library to be opened.

i'd be a yes for this, i'm surprised they didnt implement this from the start as it did work very well for games like ultima. they wont ever change it now though, sadly.

Oh god, please not. Coinpurses + rare drops are totally fine to me. I don't want monster trash loot to infest my precious inventory space whenever I go out hunting. I don't know how anyone can miss that when switching from WoW to AA.

I have to say this could improve f2p experience since they won't have to rely on their lp regen to get money at all.
    Fyrielle

-Eanna
    -Melisara(main)

ProtosX very funny but does that help on lower level monsters ? i dont say we need epix loot from every single mob out there.. but at least make the mobs usefull AFTER killing them 8 times for that one quest..
    If you can kill it - Kill it
    If you can steal it - Steal it

SECRET ORDER

/agree totally.

Useless monsters, empty world, overfarmed area, clones war with people all having the same stuff (hasla quests for armor, hasla weapons, GHA and THAT'S IT !)

I miss mobs loots a lot

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast