+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why should a new player become a patron?

Why should a new player become a patron?

I just started playing this game last week and so far it has been a pretty fun game to play. I singed up for patron status yesterday and then went and spent my first 15 guilda coin's on a house. Then I found out that there is no longer land to set up a house on in that server. 8( I canceled my patron status because not being able to have a house and farm pretty much negates most of the benefits from being a patron. 1 benefit is being able to build a house and farm in the housing zones but I can't cause no room. Then there is the labor point bonus. I don't need all those points just to open up coin purses and run a field in whatever space I can find on a public farm area. These bonuses are really only useful to those people that started playing from the beginning and have lots of farm land to work. I was only a patron for 1 day so far and I got like over 2000 labor points and nothing to use them for. The only things that would be any use to a new player are the 10% bonus exp which is not much and the 5 loyalty coins a day. I'm not sure if spending 15 dollars a month is worth it for the 5 coins a day as I have not looked to see prices. Either way its seems like a bad move to gear most of the benefits for being a patron to the older players. These benefits should be useable by all player's new and old. And correct me if I'm wrong on any of this but I did not see anyway for me to set up my house and farm other then in a housing area which are all full. Someone I asked online said that with a lot of gold I could buy land to build on but that's not going to do me any good now. I guess I'll wait till then to become a patron and for now I'll stay ftp. I would like to here some other people's thought on this. Is their a way for a new player go benefit from these bonuses for patron status? Thanks.

It gives you extra labor and daily loyalty tokens. These mean extra gold, because labor is the main currency, you just convert it to gold.
    You can buy a house with gold later. If you don't wanna pay, just grind some gold as f2p, then buy a house and patron.

There is no reason to be a patron if you dont have land.
    Annamosity

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    There is no reason to be a patron if you dont have land.
    It's not like being a patron gives you the ability to acquire land should any be up for grabs either.
    Unbanned

Good luck leveling new skill tree's without patron .... ill see you in 6 month's when you finally get half of them done.

Labour is Currency that you use to make gold, many things other than farming on land make money, some things even make more ...... unless you get a thunderstruck three that is.
    Buy patron and mine stone, sell stone, buy a nice new house.
    Or trade run ........ I don't know ... this is turning into a "teach you how to play post."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
    A mother, father, and their mute son were sitting at the breakfast table as they had done every day that they were a family. On this day the mother and father were discussing their plans for the day when all of a sudden their mute son says "My cornflakes are soggy." The parents look at their son in disbelief and then the mother manages to say "You can talk! We thought you were a mute!" The son frowns and says "Of course I can talk, but up until now everything has been fine."
    I love this.

Well you should be able to find 8x8 spots for your farm. If nowhere else then on those 7 day temporary spots. This should help you get some gold.
    And the increased labor does come in handy. You can do trade runs/fishing/mining etc. Not everything requires a large farm.

Then you can save up and try to buy some land. I've seen many people selling 8x8 spots for 50g. You can get a few of these spots as every alt will be able to place one.
    What to do when you've been banned (FAQ)

141021-000605
    141029-003130
    Oct 20. Situation explained here:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...e-I-was-MINING

Here is my hypothetical gun forcing you to buy patron because thats what this thread is about right?
    Undadmarlins

House of Mantis

Carebear, friendly, love anime

Labor.

This game does not revolve around land, but labor.

You will extremely gimp yourself without access to labor.

Without land, you can spend your loyalty points on labor pots or other stuff.

I have a house, 16x16, 2 8x8, and none of it is used for making money. I make all of my money from people playing Harvest Moon by turning their mats into packs and turning it in for gold.

I haven't seen this thread in awhile... nice to see that it has come back to make a repeat appearance.

You must not of looked to hard... This morning I snagged a 16x16. In about 20 minutes a farmhouse and a 16x16 expire, a 16x16 next to those expire tomorrow. That is just in 1 of the small areas where houses can be placed, and only looking around for about 5 minutes I ran into these.

Just like everything else in the game, you want to be the best, you have to put some effort into it. Same can go for real life as well oddly enough. Turns out a lot of people are only awesome at flipping hamburgers though....
    Questions about Arche Age? Unsure what to do next? Just want more information about the game before you try?

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast