View Poll Results: What playstyle do you prefer?

Voters
283. You may not vote on this poll
  • PvP (Player versus Player)

160 56.54%
  • PvE (Player versus Environment)

123 43.46%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you prefer: PVP or PVE?

I like alot the pve system of aa ;3

Quote Originally Posted by Razgrim View Post
    I have to say I prefer PvE.
    PvP is fun, but the problem is that all the specs are never balanced, and I have a miserable underdog complex, meaning that I'm going to play the weird sucky spec that nobody else plays. That immediately puts me at a notable disadvantage.
    Second, I never spec for dps, because I'm a talented player, and talent is put to better use at healing or tanking.
    Well, tanks and healers need an intelligent group and cooperation to work at all in pvp, and most of pvp in MMORPGs these days are mindless zergfests. If I do manage to group up with a few dps, they're most likely incredibly ♥♥♥♥ty players that just facetank enemies while spamming auto attack, and I get sick of carrying and loosing with these players real fast.
    So what's the solution, organized pvp?
    That helps a lot, but than we return to the idea of me having an underdog complex, and that philosophy doesn't fit well with decent pvpers. Decent pvpers are all about "win at all costs", even if it means playing a ♥♥♥♥♥♥y overpowered overplayed spec. So, we tend to disagree.
    Agree with most of this. Although most pvpers I've met aren't about "win at all costs". Those are the flavor of the month kiddies. If anything playing underdog is a blast. Nothing better than destroying sheep in pvp that think if you're not playing their spec you're not good. Sometimes the most challenging builds are the most fun and rewarding to play.

If i had to choose. I prefer PvE, just so i don't have to worry about being ganked by folk. I dont so much mind the idea of pvpers actively hunting each other, or it just being more realistic if you near enemy lands, but sadly some players take it to the extreme and go out of there way to ruin the fun of the game for others and this small minority is what puts me off in games. However, i think alot of the excitement and danger will be missing, if the fear of PvP, especially in the open seas is gone. So for ArcheAge im happy enough to put up with a few idiots, to enjoy the rest of the game.
    NA/EU Roleplayers
    Join the ArcheAge Roleplay Community

"No one's left. Everything's gone. Kharak is burning..." Homeworld.

I prefer PVE over PVP, however that will not stop me playing a game that has both or forces me to do both.

Both. Because every time we wants to make PvE you are including PvP in ArcheAge.

PvE, I need to fight a bigass monster that takes up my entire screen to be properly entertained. Fighting other players is tedious.

PVP, it makes for real relationships. And in this game, you will be able to make relationships with enemies - unlike most theme parks these days who care only about people's feelings so they bar speech back and forth between friend and foe.

PVP. It adds risk and fun to the game. Also it is probably the best type of contact you can experience with other players. Killing a boss isn't the same as killing a bunch of enemy players together. But Archeage offers something for both PVE and PVP players. Wars, dungeons, bosses. You can level up purely on farming as well. Everyone will find something specifically for them.

Both...But I chose PvE just because it's the underdog here and there's no both option.

Dat game have a complietly full what i can imagine content to play PVE, so meantime into the war want or not, but everyone joing to pvp, so we havent much more choice here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast