Closed Thread
Page 434 of 719 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 484 534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 7181

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Force-Disconnection Following Update to Build 4.14

Quote Originally Posted by Vandrick View Post
    Just because XL didn't have a problem is Korea handling everything themselves doesn't mean anything really. As someone who works in an OEM department of a security software/hardware company and has dealt extensively with LG (a Korean company, I might add), I can tell you first hand it can be bumpy, and NOT on our end. XL may be rockstars making their own stuff work, but that doesn't mean they don't suck at making their stuff work for someone else. It's a whole different beast that requires a heavy understanding on their part on everything Trion has set up.

And Trion is NOT in control of anything. They are a publiser simply handling the logistics of distribution, marketing, billing, and regional server setup. Other than that, they get the patches from XL and run them on their servers (I've been on call doing this many times on our systems with LG teams). When things go wrong they have no control to FIX anything. They have to call/contact XL and try to relay the trouble they are having, XL then does all the work, they try a patch, QA it, then back and forth until it works.

Honestly, I even doubt TRION has access to change any of the code regarding ArcheAge. Which is where the issues lie. Trion's RIFT won an award from IGN in 2011 for being the most bug-free release and MMO to date (and it was widely regarded as such). So yeah, Trion working by themselves in control of everything does just fine. XL by themselves does just fine. Combining two entities...not as easy as you think, and it's usually on the developer's side that issues stim from. That's why OEM departments constantly QA everything and send bug reports back to the developer for patches, not the other way around.
    You do know that AA in Korea and RU are just as bad with the broken patches, hacks and botting right.
    Annamosity

Thanks guys, Keep us posted please!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptomorph View Post
    ♥♥♥♥ I almost totally forgot about that didn't they say founders were supposed to get 10% extra credits of the original pack?
    Well just marketing gimmick !!!

Angry

I am crying real girl-nerd tears right now, and that should not be legal.

Maybe they aren't planning to do a roll back as, just like like they don't have test servers, they don't have that feature (Of rolling back the game)

THey will release the patch when XLgames done redoing the patch! Beside the game is auto patch.

BTW, Im a late playing this game so i dont have any land or house. How do i get one if im wake up tommorow everything is occupied already! shaushaushau Sarwa! tae atbp.

Everyone can't log or have some people online?

At this point i think no one can log in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lephosto View Post
    This does really give a huge edge to all those who were able to login after the patch. I am not entirely sure there is a way to fix this Trion. First you have people who were able to log in, explore the new stuff and take land.

Then you have those that got to log in for a while and for whatever reason can't get back in now.

Then the third group are those that just never got in.

So which group do you punish? Roll back the servers and piss on those who were able to log in but call it "fair" even though they didn't do anything wrong?

Give free patron/coins/gold/etc or even nothing and let everyone who couldn't get in come into the new update at a huge disadvantage?

And the no matter what you do for those two, you will almost be sure to mess up those who in the middle!

My idea, create two new servers. Offer free transfer to those who want to go but they only take what is in there inventory or bank. So they have to pull their farms, claims, land, houses or whatever if they want it transfer. If they don't they loose it.

And for those who choose to stay; Patron time, loyalty (because this really is loyalty if they are continuing to play after the 16 hour "patch"), gs or other stuff. Nothing gimmicky like an in game plushy or specialty skin for weapons and nothing that will break the economy, more then it already is for some servers, like 100000 gold.

I think that would be decently fair to most people if not all.

What do you all think?
    .... I like it.... !
    Bubbarubb - (NA-Tahyang) <Merxxxxxxxxxx>

Quote Originally Posted by Flubbles View Post
    At this point i think no one can log in.
    I still have guild mates in game so not everyone

Closed Thread