+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to fix the land issue. Must see.

Hybrid View

How to fix the land issue. Must see.

Simple just make it so each paid account can only own 3 maybe 4 plots. Right now you got 10% of the players owning 90% of the land. This is very very bad for business. Your losing soo much money. I know it would bring out the crazies who cry about all their land they are gonna lose, but hey this is business and you need to make money and this is a way to do it and make your players happy at the same time.

Like the real world isn't it...
    I agree 5 slots per server each.

Each bot or player with land hacks would have to get patron on their character's instead of just 1 character.

In addition I think houses should be the same as Dry Docks, a house planted should be attackable after 3 days if its not complete, the bigger the house the longer the build period, anyone building a house and taking longer than 3 days are not intending to do anything with it other than profit. make the ♥♥♥♥ers build the house and use packs, force them to buy stuff from the AH and force them to spend some money on for sale signs rather than just letting them protect the land until they find a buyer.

Angry Make dropping a plot cost labor

People owning land doesn't bother me. Land hackers and gold sellers owning land bothers me. Massive land grabs at once bothers me.

My suggestion is make dropping the house cost labor. Like 2.5k labor. That way, you can place 1-2 properties and then you will have to wait. That makes the issue with land hackers obsolete.

We have one limitation in game by design - labor. Use that game mechanic to make things more fare for people when land comes up for grabs, especially en masse, such as Auroria.

Quote Originally Posted by theNerdGoddess View Post
    People owning land doesn't bother me. Land hackers and gold sellers owning land bothers me. Massive land grabs at once bothers me.

My suggestion is make dropping the house cost labor. Like 2.5k labor. That way, you can place 1-2 properties and then you will have to wait. That makes the issue with land hackers obsolete.

We have one limitation in game by design - labor. Use that game mechanic to make things more fare for people when land comes up for grabs, especially en masse, such as Auroria.
    This is a good viable option. Too many people don't know there is more then one way to skin a cat. And yes every way has its ups and downs. Just have to figure out which one has minimal damage and easiest to implement. With the best long term success.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphoz View Post
    In addition I think houses should be the same as Dry Docks, a house planted should be attackable after 3 days if its not complete, the bigger the house the longer the build period, anyone building a house and taking longer than 3 days are not intending to do anything with it other than profit. make the ♥♥♥♥ers build the house and use packs, force them to buy stuff from the AH and force them to spend some money on for sale signs rather than just letting them protect the land until they find a buyer.
    Why aren't more people making suggestions like this? I don't personally care if people own tons of land. What bugs me is the fact that it takes so long for unused land to become available again. People just place random designs down to hold land, then 75%+ of the time you see it end up being demolished because they didn't build it up in time(or sell it off).

I would like to see a required progress...every day or two you have to get a pack in towards completing it or it goes to demolition in 24 hours....for up to 24x24's. Give a little more time for the larger ones of course as they require more.

Another thought, why go to demolition, why not bring in an auction system. If you go past time with taxes it goes up for auction, all materials put into building it stay. All decor items get mailed back to the original owner. All games end up with gold sinks to help even the economy, why not have that be one.

I like the unbuilt property timer just like dry docks although it hasn't been instigated from day one so may not help heaps. I also like the idea of the 24hr cool down on placing a property but then that doesn't stop mulitple accounts.

What i want is that the double plots that happened during the lag is sorted and compensation (repayment of tax certs, plans etc) happens. its been almost 3 weeks and you get charged not only tax on the plot but extra on all others. just make a decision and start helping people....i can't pull up my farm as the screen doesn't show for mine, just the other two on top. I could let it demo but then i miss all chance for getting the placement certs paid back. ticket has been in since the servers came back up and i could see that it wasn't fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphoz View Post
    Do you have any idea how many labor points it costs just to erect a larger house? a town house has 30 packs, you would need another property to store those packs on or, a ton load of workers comps all ready consumed to be able to do it in no time.

I do agree there should be a limit to how long a property takes to be built, and lets say maybe 3 days after staking claim if construction not started then it becomes available again. or 1 week per 50 guilder stars, so a cottage 1 week, manor house 2 weeks and so on.

What does it matter what people do with the land? This entitlement ♥♥♥♥ has to stop. Do trade runs, buy land. It's a commodity and a privilege, not a right.

And "hiding" the timer to public means hackers WILL be the only one who can get it. They SCAN THE SERVER INFO FOR THIS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast