+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My account was banned? For a bug (I'm guessing)?

My account was banned? For a bug (I'm guessing)?

Hello. My account was banned and I have no idea why. The only reason I could think this would happen is because my game acted goofy and my character started falling through the world and bouncing around all over the place. It was Saturday night, a couple hours ago, during the peace time in Yinester on Salphira. I, and others in my guild, spent a couple hours to drive the region into war and that bug almost cost me a shipload full of packs. Is that what would have caused it? I certainly didn't do anything against the rules. Please get back to me ASAP, I'm an archeum founder, so I spent a few dollars to play this game. Thank you.

themaxxx1973@yahoo.com

Question Reference # 141109-000659
    Date Created: 11/08/2014 11:10 PM
    Date Last Updated: 11/08/2014 11:10 PM

I know you guys don't like the whole 'why am I banned' posts, but please, hear us out on what happened here, as I'm positive it's what triggered the ban.

We were doing a trade run from Ynnystere in the peacetime that happened Saturday evening on Salphira. The character in questions (Maxx), was manning a tradeship, full of packs with about 15 people in a raid, 5 or so of which were on his ship. Just as we get out of the peace zone his game gets a funky bug where everything went black except for the boat, characters, etc., and he couldn't do anything. It booted him off, and his character was all of a sudden on Ynnystere, west of Caernord and not in the ocean, in the Arcadian Sea with the rest of us. When he got back on, he couldn't tell, but we saw him on our map (marked with a star in our raid), moving all over the northern side of the continent. He couldn't do anything, wasn't seeing his character moving and just rebooted his machine. When he got back in, same issue, restarted again and was able to get on and go as normal. The odd thing is, while he was rebooted, his character was logged in the whole time. He kept lead of the raid, and his boat didn't despawn.

We frantically got the raid together as peace time was ending, moved packs to a different ship and ran because it had ticked over to war. We moved the packs and continued on with the day. You can see where we all were. How we all went to his ship, emptied it, as he had his issues and couldn't do anything. His ship absolutely should have despawned because his character was not there, but it didn't. We were able to unload it and everything, and it was at least 10-15 minutes he was gone, probably more.

PLEASE, look at this and don't sit on it for weeks, as it appears you do with most accounts you ban. You'll probably lose more than one paying account, as we play as a group.

Thanks for your time. And PLEASE, watch for this with other people. This is a serious bug that apparently will flag people and ban them.

I was there in the raid and can confirm this, if checking the logs on my account will help in any way. We were barely 45 seconds out of Ynystere (near the specialty work bench) when the character Maxx on Salphira was DC'd (we thought nothing of it, his computer DC's him a few times every day). His character then bounced around while he was completely out of the game. He even ended up back at the specialty bench. It took him almost 15 to 20 minutes of repeated PC and client restarts to log back into the game. Several hours later he was kicked by a GM while riding a farm cart from Gweonid to Solzreed.

I can confirm that Maxx had encountered a game error, we were in a raid of about 15 to 20 people, and those people can be made available to confirm this as well: his screen blacked out, and we saw his character get sent back to the shoreline, off his boat (that was on the border between Ynystere and the Arcadian Sea), after we told him what his character was doing he force-closed the game in the task manager, restarted his machine, logged back in, had to restart the game client again, and then carried on without issue. We transferred the packs from his boat to another and carried on, confused.

That is the only thing that any of us can come up with that would result in his account triggering the banhammer. This is 100% assuredly a wrongful banning, and we'd really be quite grateful if this could be looked into at the earliest possible convenience.

I was part of his raid, and can vouch for all the above stated. He was manning the ship, we just left Yinny. He bugged out, fell through the world, and I watched his dot on my mini map bounce around several times to different locations. It finally stopped. I took my boat over to him, and his character was just sitting there in the water near land. He had restarted his computer, and his character never signed off (even though it said he was disconnected in my raid frame). His boat never despawned. After the frantic dash to save our pakks, 2-3 hours later we are all on Teamspeak, just hanging out and he gets banned.

It's quite ridiculous if you are banning paying customers without even speaking to them first, or having a way for them to contact a live person at the time of the ban. I've spent more than I'd like to admit on this game, and it's definitely not leaving a very good taste in my mouth if this is how you handle business with your paying customers.

go appeal to support to get your account unbanned
    Been a month and my ticket have yet been resolve.
    My account was hacked and i lost everything
    141008-002654
    Never Solved but not happy
    10/08/2014

No matter the reason they won't respond to this thread. You have to send an email to appeals@trionworlds.com to get the ticket you need, make sure you have all the info to identify which account you're talking about and keep that ♥♥♥♥ bumped so hopefully they don't close it on you. You're looking at 1-2 weeks minimum for a response.

edit: don't bother with livechat either, they will just tell you that there's nothing that they can do and they won't speed up the process for you.
    Banned not once but twice now
    The banning system is flawed FIX IT.
    Question Reference # 141105-000815
    Date Created: 11/04/2014 07:55 PM
    Date Last Updated: 11/04/2014 07:55 PM

Guide for banned players - RIP Muzy
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...en-banned-(FAQ)

Well, as it was an in game bug/glitch that caused the account to get banned, so it's worth posting. Which is why all of us have posted. He's submitted his ticket via email and will try live chat in the morning when it opens with the second account (even though I already know how that will likely go, but worth a shot).

All they have to do is look at where we all were at the time, maybe it will help nail down the glitch and what exactly happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Anowyyn View Post
    Well, as it was an in game bug/glitch that caused the account to get banned, so it's worth posting. Which is why all of us have posted. He's submitted his ticket via email and will try live chat in the morning when it opens with the second account (even though I already know how that will likely go, but worth a shot).

All they have to do is look at where we all were at the time, maybe it will help nail down the glitch and what exactly happened.
    No I agree, just saying don't get your hopes up. The banning and appeal systems are shortbus.
    Banned not once but twice now
    The banning system is flawed FIX IT.
    Question Reference # 141105-000815
    Date Created: 11/04/2014 07:55 PM
    Date Last Updated: 11/04/2014 07:55 PM

Guide for banned players - RIP Muzy
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...en-banned-(FAQ)

Good luck to you (not being factious) on a fast unban

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast