+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

Quote Originally Posted by xDSeperateForumName View Post
    There's no point in prooving anything. It's a safe trade route, the payment for 130% is 8,4g. You asked for a safe route that nets you 3g or more per pack, this is it. If you can't obtain 130% on your server, that's because everybody is using the best paying safe trade route around the clock, including bots.
    This is a multiplayer game, you will have to find a way to work around other players interactions.

That doesn't mean its not the route you asked for.
    Incidentally, if you run larder packs on the same route, you get 5,5g after materials and labor costs for 0 proficiency. Come on, scream proof proof proof again.
    u cannot get more than 3g per pack in profit in safe zones. thats a fact and u cannot and never will prove me wrong ! only IF it is at 130% only if...only if.. kthxbye master trade what u are ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    u cannot get more than 3g per pack in profit in safe zones. thats a fact and u cannot and never will prove me wrong ! only IF it is at 130% only if...only if.. kthxbye master trade what u are ^^
    That is not a fact.
    Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. ― C.G. Jung

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthy View Post
    That is not a fact.
    can you prove otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    can you prove otherwise?
    What do you want? Exact trade pack, material costs, routes etc? Just go look in game and take out a calculator. It's not rocket science.

Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. ― C.G. Jung

safe traderuns are dead. laborpots 35g and rising.

What do you want? Exact trade pack, material costs, routes etc? Just go look in game and take out a calculator. It's not rocket science.

another master trader coming with spreadsheets who doesn't understand a thing.
    in 15 pages nobody has proven how to make more than 3gold in P-R-O-F-I-T doing safe trade runs. kthxbye

Yes and at 20G (and labor pots are going up, I sold on AH for 28G this morning so 26G my take home, theyre back to 26.5G or so now) the labor for those eats away a lot of the money from them. Mats have also risen. and once again it doesnt matter if you grow your own or not. I have sold all processed stuff for well over 2S per the past few days. Ground grain averaging over 2S per (my take home after AH cut), Produce listed as high as 2.49 and sold (2.26 bring home), Spice sold as high as 2.54 (2,31 take home) flowers as high as 2.79 (2.51 take home).

There are a few packs that work but EVERYONE does those. cinder turned blue on our server I was first one there by half a wagon length I tunred in 3 gwen down for 130% tehe 4th was 126 and the fifth was 123. By the time I ported home and loaded up the second load (NOT down) it was 108. Same thing happens in SD. It happens on every server (that has any sort of population) So dont try and blow smoke up peoples ♥♥♥♥♥ saying youre turning in dozens of carts full of these top end packs and getting top percentages Since Friday our Hellswamp spiced meat hasnt gotten above 110% at gweonid, and its been red for 40-42 hours. I saw it at 98% this morning. HS to solz on our server does rebound a little better I saw that at 124 but withing an hour it was back down to 105. Every trader knows the good routes and the good packs. Gwen to TC is never above 110% either so claiming that it is some Holy Grail is a lie to. You might get lucky if someone runs out of labor or something and it MIGHT hit 118, but I havent seen that since after a server restart.

Looking at a chart and thinking that is the pay out is whats worng with a lot of this, and the byproduct of giving away TS logs to everyone and letting everyone get a wagon is that these prices are not even close to reality and routes that take forever and are on maps that only turn red every other day are still crashed into nothingness because guys can move 50 packs in the two hour blue window instead of the 30 they used to be able to move. I have a house in the far east side of Hal, it takes me 7 minutes with fuel to get there and another 4mins 30sec to go back. The a minute or so to make 5 more packs. I have pulled 12 cart loads out of there in my wagon (I havent turned any of them in yet because the price has sucked) but some guys I am sure can get 40 out a night easily and they have no qualms about turning them in for 100%. Thats why prices are where they are.

So it is a complete snowball effect for trade runners, at least on the west side. Higher labor costs, higher mat costs and lower turn in rewards. SO all you guys chirping about big money are either playing on servers with no one else trading, on the east side, or are lying. You CAN make money doing craft mat trades but the risk is great and for west you cant do a lot of them because the guards are all out of range, and charcoal is the only one really worth doing and you are always out of range of guards in Solis. So its one at a time, which isnt very efficient, and once the price of charcoal gets back down to 1G per it wont be nearly as lucrative as it is now obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by nito99 View Post
    well.... yesterday I did 95 trade packs. At a stable at a %-range of 130% to 110%.

42 Packs to Marianpole
    42 Packs to Sanddeep
    11 Packs to Two Crowns (thanks to that lowbie which find it funny to drive my ship into Two Crowns. Well doesnt matter).

LP: 95x 2x46 LP = 8740 LP. (Used 4 normal LP pots, had 4,8k LP at the beginning).

42Packs to Marianpole
    110% - 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape, Eggs 3s or so: ~120G Profit

42Packs to Sanddeep
    110% - 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape, Eggs 3s or so: ~290G Profit
    (at 90% it would be 200G Profit)

11Packs to Two Crowns
    110% 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape: ~25G Profit
    -------------------------------

~435G Profit - Minus 8,7k LP with LP Pots (bought at 15G) being 15G per 1000 LP = ~130

End: ~305G Profit.

With fishing and a nice group we did around 500G at half of that time.
    While fishing is somewhat risky (the traderuns to sanddeep are risky too) you can say that fishing is still the best method to get money other than playing with the ah.

Note: I don't often sail to sanddeep as it is always on low %... but this time I was pretty lucky.
    Do trade runners look at the price their labor holds? That "profit" nets you ~3.5s per labor, you can get more than that crafting random junk to sell on the AH, and it wouldn't take near as much time. This is how most trade runs are and I just don't understand why anyone would do them.

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

While I agree you should take the cost of labor pots into account when calculating the profit of a trade run, there is a limit to how much gold you should be spending on them a month: the price of two APEX.

For example, on my server labor pots are about 1/6th of APEX. With 12 pots, you'll get 12k labor, with 2 APEX applied to a new account, you'll get a minimum of 43k labor, plus 6k labor if you use the loyalty tokens for pots. Of course, that account doesn't have the benefits of having a pvp-ready lvl 50 or high commerce proficiency, but their labor can still be used to craft packs in safe zones, farm mats, et cetera.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast