+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

I laugh at the number of people who fail to see the way to make ~300g in an hour because they can't think outside the box.

The best way to make gold with trade packs is to use a merchant boat, not a farm wagon (or maybe a combination of the two).

You're still going on about crafting labor costs. That doesn't even apply. I'm not talking about pirating, either. With this method you can make 8-12g per pack in PURE profit (turns in for 13-17g depending on location). You can do 2-3 runs in under two hours. It's really, really, really easy, and it seems 90% of the playerbase doesn't know about it or does and they don't buy land.

alchemy is big moneh.

Varkrey I assume you're talking about doing the Halcyona > Solis or Halcyona > Vilanelle. well it gives nice gold amount now as prices rose. but you still need to laod the merchant ship, and deliver it safely to solis. Oh, and you need a merchant ship.

PS. Oh. and even then you're talking about income per hour not profit, and to load up a trade ship you need to buy WC or you can do it only once per 3-4 days.

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

Quote Originally Posted by xDSeperateForumName View Post
    The maximum amount of gold anything turns in for is 11,05.
    Everything else is materials or gilda stars, and means risking your packs. While charcoal can currently net up to 25g per pack, it's not even possible for westerner - your ship is always outside of neutral guard range.
    Even in guard range, you can still be killed and they'll have one guy left to steal your merchant - if they're not exploiting a ship to tank the guards for free, anyway.

Freedich would yield 5g / gildastar at current rate, which would be 400g for a full merchant ship, but good luck just yoloing there by yourself and expecting to find your ship again after trading the first pack, if you make it.

Shadow merchants give 20s for a material pack, so it's not them either.

Larders yield 10+g profits, but they take 3 days to mature, so you'd need a ridiculous amount of land to even get through your daily labor using them - which in turn would increase taxes manifold.

I'll just go with calling bs on your claim.
    I agree west cant do it but east can all u have to do is cross over the ocean from hacyana to the tip of solis and its gg like I said east has it made for over seas runs and of course im not east lol just my luck

A profit is a profit.

Not all profits are equal.
    Come read of my adventures at
    guysparrows.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by derps View Post
    i just plant bundles all day long (as in not on your small farm but large open areas full) and before i start i look up the mats that are 4+ s each trade runs are meh lol.... They are usefull when you have a big group helping where just 1 hands over all the packs otherwise its a waste of time lp and mats if you ask me.
    Yes, more people get into this please! There haven't been nearly as many unprotected farms for me to pillage since the 4th....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaman View Post
    Labor is labor regardless of where it came from. Therefore ALL labor has a value associated with it. To say otherwise is subscribing to the flawed notion of "I grew/picked it therefore it is free" which, might I add, is also completely wrong.
    You notion is equally flawed on the premise that all characters have access to game mechanics that can make vast amounts of money per labor, such as fishing. A level 1 with 5000 is not equal to a level 50 with a fishing boat, 50k fishing skill and 5000 labor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast