+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName6 View Post
    You notion is equally flawed on the premise that all characters have access to game mechanics that can make vast amounts of money per labor, such as fishing. A level 1 with 5000 is not equal to a level 50 with a fishing boat, 50k fishing skill and 5000 labor.
    All characters' labor is valued at Worker Comp Price / 1000. Level 50.. Level 1... Doesn't matter. All labor is the same.

A level 50 does has more options available to them to make greater profits. This doesn't change the value of labor though, as those profits are gained from the value of the level 50s time doing that activity.
    Come read of my adventures at
    guysparrows.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Well it's a safe and easy way of making money, you don't need to really put too much effort in it, so that's the main plus.
    When you have higher commerce the LP cost for each pack is reduced dramatically which makes it more efficient.
    in a few weeks only sub-continental TR will pay out. LP-pots is the factor that will brake that game for 15$/month-ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySniper View Post
    some people like me play to have fun, grow our own materials and take months to get 1k gold but I'm happy cos

I enjoy the game
    Yeah, this is how I play also. I think in my time since beta (and im a patron) I've maybe...maybe amassed 500 gold at one time. Still only own 1 house and 2 8x8s. Don't manage to get on every day, and don't worry about how much I'm making or who else is doing what.

I'm having fun. That's why I play games. I work my ♥♥♥ of during the day to make my "gold" I'll be damned if I'm going to worry to much about it in a game.

I do Ynystere > Arcum with my Farm Wagon, and we grow all the necessary materials for it.

It generally nets about 45 gold per 5 packs and takes roughly 24 minutes (3 fuels). I can get 3 or 4 runs in, depending on if I get distracted or not. So that's 180 gold in a little over an hour and a half.

Windscour to Yny nets 10-11 gold a pack, and we generally dump those packs off at one of our farms somewhere along the way (Arcum/Maha/Villanelle/Silent Forest). If we load up a bunch of packs, and drop them in Maha, I can usually do 6 runs for 330 gold total in the same amount of time (1.6 hours), using 2 fuels a run.

So, in 3 hours roughly, I've made 510 gold and the only thing it cost me was labor and some quality certs.

It's all about having property in the right locations.

I ran my usual tradpacks this AM (was finally able to stay logged in long enough to do so). My main run to Cinder paid out the usual amount. My return tradepack was down to almost half of what it was paying last week and that's with the market tool showing 130% payout.

I think a lot of people are missing one of the real issues currently in the game. Right now anything you do for the time it takes is simply not worth it. Every single method in the game currently available to us does not give us nearly enough profit for the time we spend. Let me explain.

Working IRL even for the crappy jobs gets you 20-30 dollars per hour. Convert that 20-30 to gold and you have in game currency and you have more worth than you would wasting your time doing packs and fishing because frankly its a bloody joke. If working IRL can net me far more gold than actually playing the game, you know something is SERIOUSLY wrong. Trion/XL should be doing something to soften the blow but of course they don't give a damn because this whole game was a cash cow to begin with. Trade runs should give considerably more as should fishing. The cash shop prices need to come down. There's so many things they need to do but aren't doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalpha View Post
    I think a lot of people are missing one of the real issues currently in the game. Right now anything you do for the time it takes is simply not worth it. Every single method in the game currently available to us does not give us nearly enough profit for the time we spend. Let me explain.

Working IRL even for the crappy jobs gets you 20-30 dollars per hour. Convert that 20-30 to gold and you have in game currency and you have more worth than you would wasting your time doing packs and fishing because frankly its a bloody joke. If working IRL can net me far more gold than actually playing the game, you know something is SERIOUSLY wrong. Trion/XL should be doing something to soften the blow but of course they don't give a damn because this whole game was a cash cow to begin with. Trade runs should give considerably more as should fishing. The cash shop prices need to come down. There's so many things they need to do but aren't doing.
    Who let him out from under the bridge?
    Come read of my adventures at
    guysparrows.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Varkrey View Post
    I laugh at the number of people who fail to see the way to make ~300g in an hour because they can't think outside the box.

The best way to make gold with trade packs is to use a merchant boat, not a farm wagon (or maybe a combination of the two).

You're still going on about crafting labor costs. That doesn't even apply. I'm not talking about pirating, either. With this method you can make 8-12g per pack in PURE profit (turns in for 13-17g depending on location). You can do 2-3 runs in under two hours. It's really, really, really easy, and it seems 90% of the playerbase doesn't know about it or does and they don't buy land.
    Sure, lemme just check my pocketchange for 400 gilda stars and the mats to build a merchant ship...

Also...wishful thinking here...but perhaps at some point (like in a year if the game is still running..) Trion would adjust trade run payouts to match inflation. Ha! Yeah, right who am I kidding.

u still have to include the fuel and time it took u to drop the packs off at said land

windscour to yny seems to be the same distance from hellswamp to gwen I would assume and that's 11g a pack for a 40 min trip 3 boxing 9 packs a trip is still not 500g for 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Xalpha View Post
    Working IRL even for the crappy jobs gets you 20-30 dollars per hour.
    WTF is this?!?!? I wish I made $20-$30/hour at a crappy job.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast