+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

With my calculations almost every craft in Archeage now looses money. Trade Runs, Sishing and Mining are the only ones that still allow you to recover cost of Workers compensation. Farming, Gathering, Logging - at a loss. Alchemy, Hendicraft barelly break even if you're lucky. Weaponsmithing is a joke. Armour, Carpentry are huge money sinks, and can only repay if you hit a jackpot or invest thousands of gold to get to max quality.

So yea, if you jsut want to turn labour into gold, trade runs are still one of best ways to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirah View Post
    Yeah, a couple of silvers (RNG, so don't expect to happen often) are totally a better fee. In some time, trade runs will be not even worth trying as they do not scale with inflation.
    63k commerce never got bonus

Wow, 17 pages and I'm still unsure. You people just talk in circles.

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

I would like to have some more opinions on this, where are all the math nerds hiding?! ^^

Hellswamp went blue this morning, trade packs in Solz and Gwen went right into the 8% numbers. 81% in Solz for meat 98% for mushrooms, 83% meat in Gwen, 103% mushrooms.

Even with the big prices that is still borderline proitable if you use eco fuel which if you dont is a 40 minute ride.

Seriously if people cant figure it out they shouldnt be doing trade runs anyway, there is more than enough math out there to figure it out.

let them have fun. when they go broke and lose land
    all good.

land was actually good for growing trees .

now its good for storing packs which take a week to make
    if you dont use work pots

Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    let them have fun. when they go broke and lose land
    all good.

land was actually good for growing trees .

now its good for storing packs which take a week to make
    if you dont use work pots
    Yep exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yed View Post
    And here I am making 10-11g/pack (Gwen Plaza and turn in at Sanddeep during peace). But yea, traderuns on land aren't that good, unless you are East, come to Halcyona during peace, load up a merchantship, sail it to Austera and turn it in for charcoal. Having a full merchantship is worth it though.
    Asking those with experience, does the charcoal/rock salt payout decrease with the % drop? Say 13 rocksalts at 130% dropping to 7 at 70%?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast