+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 180

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Can it even pay to do trade routes?

    So it cost 60LP to make a trade pack, and 60LP deliver a trade pack. On average I get 6-7G per pack, however a worker compensation that is needed if you are just doing a bit of farming on the side, will cost you 19-22G atm.

    Now I know I am horrible at math, but as far as I can see, this means that more then half of the gold you get, will simply go to the production of the actual trade packs. But if you also include the 50S price for the certificate, and the actual mats needed to make the products... this end out being a very limited actual income.

    Can anyone better at math convince me otherwise?
    - because if this is the truth of it, I think I will simply stop doing trade packs, and only grow stuff for my potions and crops I get good gold for.

    (for not to mention the time requirement for getting from point A to B)

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikvar View Post
    So it cost 60LP to make a trade pack, and 60LP deliver a trade pack. On average I get 6-7G per pack, however a worker compensation that is needed if you are just doing a bit of farming on the side, will cost you 19-22G atm.

    Now I know I am horrible at math, but as far as I can see, this means that more then half of the gold you get, will simply go to the production of the actual trade packs. But if you also include the 50S price for the certificate, and the actual mats needed to make the products... this end out being a very limited actual income.

    Can anyone better at math convince me otherwise?
    - because if this is the truth of it, I think I will simply stop doing trade packs, and only grow stuff for my potions and crops I get good gold for.

    (for not to mention the time requirement for getting from point A to B)
    I've said for a long time, running Trade packs is one of the worst ways to make gold. There are much better says to make more gold out of 120 labor in less time.

  3. #3
    This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

    Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

  4. #4
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CZ
    Posts
    1,016
    Well it's a safe and easy way of making money, you don't need to really put too much effort in it, so that's the main plus.
    When you have higher commerce the LP cost for each pack is reduced dramatically which makes it more efficient.
    Erry - Tempest


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Well it's a safe and easy way of making money, you don't need to really put too much effort in it, so that's the main plus.
    When you have higher commerce the LP cost for each pack is reduced dramatically which makes it more efficient.
    in a few weeks only sub-continental TR will pay out. LP-pots is the factor that will brake that game for 15$/month-ppl.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    706
    read the dozens of threads about it. There are not very many pack runs for gold that will make you a profit. Ones across continent for crafting materials will now but I am sure those spots are camped and the odds of turning in a pack are going to be slim to none even with a group because the best pay off maps are always home team attacks and away team cant.

  7. #7
    i just plant bundles all day long (as in not on your small farm but large open areas full) and before i start i look up the mats that are 4+ s each trade runs are meh lol.... They are usefull when you have a big group helping where just 1 hands over all the packs otherwise its a waste of time lp and mats if you ask me.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by derps View Post
    i just plant bundles all day long (as in not on your small farm but large open areas full) and before i start i look up the mats that are 4+ s each trade runs are meh lol.... They are usefull when you have a big group helping where just 1 hands over all the packs otherwise its a waste of time lp and mats if you ask me.
    Yes, more people get into this please! There haven't been nearly as many unprotected farms for me to pillage since the 4th....

  9. #9
    Cost for making goes down with higher skill. Higher skill also allows you to negotiate a better fee. Trade pack running can be totally safe with no risk at all. Very low investment to get up and running. Gilda and crafting mats is when you really need a trade pack or at least someone had to do that run to list the crafting materials on the AH, gold can be made through several means, trade packs are one of them and everyone can do them and if your commerce skill is high enough, the labor to make to get your materials will be less.

    I generally let people grow stuff if I'm going to do trade packs. Farm is better for other crops. If you have a huge surplus of mats from crafting, growing turkey for leather or processing meat to up your husbandry, you can turn those mats into packs and get a bit more gold instead of selling them on the AH, just need a second ingredient and it is usually cheaper to let others grow that stuff.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,362
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeAnarchy View Post
    Higher skill also allows you to negotiate a better fee.
    Yeah, a couple of silvers (RNG, so don't expect to happen often) are totally a better fee. In some time, trade runs will be not even worth trying as they do not scale with inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    We have no plans to merge servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    None of our servers are being merged. While we want to offer the ability to transfer servers, the service has been requested of XLGAMES but is not yet available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts