+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

That's a good market to corner, I'm surprised there aren't more people doing oranges. I myself find that banana's are extremely lucrative as well. Of course it depends on the server population and how many people are risking certain specialty packs, but all in all it's a good investment to keep on certain ingredients that you KNOW will be needed....especially for crafting.

What server are you on Edgar?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikvar View Post
    So it cost 60LP to make a trade pack, and 60LP deliver a trade pack. On average I get 6-7G per pack, however a worker compensation that is needed if you are just doing a bit of farming on the side, will cost you 19-22G atm.

Now I know I am horrible at math, but as far as I can see, this means that more then half of the gold you get, will simply go to the production of the actual trade packs. But if you also include the 50S price for the certificate, and the actual mats needed to make the products... this end out being a very limited actual income.

Can anyone better at math convince me otherwise?
    - because if this is the truth of it, I think I will simply stop doing trade packs, and only grow stuff for my potions and crops I get good gold for.

(for not to mention the time requirement for getting from point A to B)
    you used to be able to make a lot of gold from international trade. And the oceans were alive and happy. but now nobody trades much anymore because its so easy to get stabilizers and supply>>> demand
    Vexis
    < Forestcrow >

#1 zerg minion NA

Quote Originally Posted by Cainsmoker View Post
    What server are you on Edgar?
    Aranzeb.

The thing about the Orange Trees- they take up a lot of space and hold a 17hr timer. I would say I'm a 'casual' player, so this works out well for me. Feel free to visit Stormraw to see my 18 orange trees spread out on 2 16x16s and thatched farm. Sign the guest-book.

I always love the blatant lies people tell that are debunked in about 5 secs with napkin math.

EVERYONE knows how much labor it take at what proficiencies, trying to claim you make XXXX gold with 50 labor is just dumb.

The MOST youre going ot make is stealing trade packs off people (or having them drop them for you) from one side or the other. Gwen feathers in Solis give 20 charcoal. So if you have someone feeding you packs you will make 16 charcoal a pack, theyre around 2-2.5G per depending on time of day and server. So that could possibly get you 32-40 G a pack, But that is another form of gold that is selling stuff to other players not faucetted gold from the game itself.

All I know is one farm wagon if you make the packs and turn them in yourself is between 460 and 600 labor per run. So 6 labor pots will let you run 10 and 13 wagon loads (50-65 packs) that is only if you are running trade packs and doing nothing else at all with your labor. Which isnt likely. Thats if you start out with zero labor every day and run yourself dry. Then we can add regen if youre online for all 12 of those hours then you will regen 1440 points so that could give you another 12 to 15 packs so that is THE MAXIMUM number of packs anyone can do in this game in a 12 hour period.(if you start at zero labor which assumes youre running packs all day long) 62-80 packs is definitely doable with 5 packs at a time. But I dont think many people are doing that many.

Dont talk about larders either because theyre more theyre 60 to pick up and whatever to turn in (46-60), so even though you dont have to make larders theyre more expensive to make for all but the lowest proficiency level commerce guys.

Also as far as materials go, they have been going up and up the past three days. I wont give too much info but lets just say that materials for all packs have more than doubled. So what was actually very cheap is now a number worth thinking about. A few packs used to be 1 to 1.4G to make those same packs are now 2.3 and 3.1G to make just in materials. And just because you grow that materials yourself doesnt mean theyre not 'worth' that much, even if you AH'd them they would be worth 2.07G and 2.79G respectively. Obviously those numbers will move around but when youre selling on the AH you have a lot more control than doing a 30 minute wagon run watching a 128% hit 124% before you get there.

There are trade runs that work most of them for east players. But that just shows the disparity between continents. But I doubt its all rosey on that side either percentages are in the toilet since everyone has wagon now and the prices simply dont rebound inany of the runs that actually make money, theyre lal below 115% all day everyday whether the map turns blue or not.

fishing is where the gold is.
    the only good thing with trade running is you can watch a show/movie while doing it.
    im just saving enough gold to get a fishing vessel, maybe after a month.

ya, i tried them a bit the last couple days with a farm cart. After taking into account the mats i got about 4s per labor and it took a lot of time to do. I can easily make 6-8s per labor crafting/selling on AH, more money and faster, not worth the time to move packs.

This is why TP's should be used for Gilda or Resources. Of course, play the game however you want to play it. Some people like a quiet drive from one spot to another while they sip their hot tea or coffee. That's perfectly fine. Some people like to go across the ocean with a merch ship and do mass runs. Also fine. Play how YOU want to play, and go for the stuff you want to go for.

If you're strictly talking about maximizing profits it's totally a matter of opinion. A lot of people just buy/sell on AH. Some people trade mats for mats. Some people fish. Some people hire themselves out as a mercenary. It doesn't matter really what you do, whatever is fun and you enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by DisTay View Post
    With 1k labor you can make anywhere from 100-500g running packs... *source* i run packs all day..
    Quote Originally Posted by Varkrey View Post
    If you're doing trade runs on anything but a merchant ship, I can see why you'd think they're useless. I'll just keep making my 500g/day with minimal effort (maybe 2 hours playtime tops) and let the rest of you figure it out. Trade runs are the best source of gold in the game. I don't spend a single gold on labor pots, either...That way nets you about 300-340 gold for 884-1260 labor in one run. For no risk at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cereneth View Post
    don't really agree with you. i had plenty of lp when i was a f2p player. just make sure you can go into a friends house(ally or enemy)(in a pvp zone) and then keep hitting the house. this will make sure you won't get a dc. and can easly farm lp when your not playing. its about 600/700 a night. if you count in daytime(most people work) then you also get in extra 600/700 lp. so you can turn in 10 packs a day this way. thats 40/50g a day(if you buy the mats etc) so in 6 days you got the money needed for your patron status. don't see a problem with it.
    Geez man, I came to this thread hoping to get some constructive ideas.

Instead, I see dingbats like the above 3 that uses their ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s as mouth spouting nonsense. Im at 40k commerce. It friggin takes 46LP to make AND ANOTHER 46LP to TURN IN the pack. Dats close to 100LP PER PACK.

Bottom line, do what is fun for you. If you just want game gold and lacks playtime/patience/smarts, then paying with RL cash is the most efficient, though I wouldnt pay any more $ to this Trino.

u cannot make more than 3gold profit per pack in safe zones. thats a fact if u say otherwise prove it liar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    u cannot make more than 3gold profit per pack in safe zones. thats a fact if u say otherwise prove it liar!!!

That is calculated at .8 labor so not full commerce. profit of 3.17 gold. this route will not always pay 1.3 but at current prices right now on my server and with maxed commerce there is a bit of room before the profit drops below 3 gold.

The trick is that a yarn pack is very cheap.
    "We'll fix that after all the players quit." - Every Game Developer Ever

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast