+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it even pay to do trade routes?

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    we are talking about safe zone trading k?thxbye
    Peace periods are a thing that happen rather regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by xDSeperateForumName View Post

please ask your kindergarden caretaker for assistance with basic math and researching knowledge.
    show me a screen Gwenoid forest-Two crowns 130%

*yawn* if Trade runs is crap... why would i even bother do 15-20 hours trade runs?

oh and another PRO information for u NOOBS... when u reach 70K commerce... u only need 46LP to create and 46LP to sell the trade pack ^_^

Cry more noobs... less traders, more income for us TradeRunners >,..,<

btw im cap 90K commerce -_-" i feel like wasting commerce points now T_T

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

im not saying 8g/pack isnt great, i'm just saying you claimed 13-17g pure profit each pack and now you're down to 12g before you even started calculating in the value of labor or the extensive land tax needed for this activity.
    Switched to larders myself 3 days ago, getting my first full merchant today. Expect % prices to drop soon haha
    still waiting that proof tho gwenoid-two crowns 130% name the server too i want to check myself prove it liar

Worth noting that larder packs are actually worth more the better the run is. Cinder to Gwen isn't the best run you can make with larders. (On West faction the best is Hellswamp to Gwenoid. It's damned close to 20 gold.)

Still, clearly not everyone can do this. Look at the screenshot for evidence of that.

As i expected, your math is simply flawed.
    You don't account for labor to pick the packs up.
    You don't account for the value of labor at all.
    You have grabbed land beyond 2 properties and don't account for either basic or increased taxes for holding multipe properties.
    If you shifted properties on a second account, you don't account for the cost to keep that account running.

Ill just go through this for you on basis of a single account. Maybe you can be enlightened, maybe you'll be joining the icantmath-legions like ion a couple posts up from this.

You need 6 large garden for 48 larders / 16 packs of this per day. That's a tax of 180 certificates, or 7200 labor. during 7 days, you are spending another 16*7*(39+60+42) labor to craft the larders, pick up and turn in, totalling 15700 labor.

That's 516g down the drain in labor costs per week, and impossible without pots.

Obviously labor pots used to cost 10g instead of 25+, netting you a nice income.
    well thats the main reason why i dont use larders ^_^

This post used to contain information, now it has a dick.
    8==D

Due to the hater, flamer and crybaby population of this forum, i'm withdrawing all my posts that contained information

well.... yesterday I did 95 trade packs. At a stable at a %-range of 130% to 110%.

42 Packs to Marianpole
    42 Packs to Sanddeep
    11 Packs to Two Crowns (thanks to that lowbie which find it funny to drive my ship into Two Crowns. Well doesnt matter).

LP: 95x 2x46 LP = 8740 LP. (Used 4 normal LP pots, had 4,8k LP at the beginning).

42Packs to Marianpole
    110% - 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape, Eggs 3s or so: ~120G Profit

42Packs to Sanddeep
    110% - 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape, Eggs 3s or so: ~290G Profit
    (at 90% it would be 200G Profit)

11Packs to Two Crowns
    110% 1s Trimmed Meat, 3s Grape: ~25G Profit
    -------------------------------

~435G Profit - Minus 8,7k LP with LP Pots (bought at 15G) being 15G per 1000 LP = ~130

End: ~305G Profit.

With fishing and a nice group we did around 500G at half of that time.
    While fishing is somewhat risky (the traderuns to sanddeep are risky too) you can say that fishing is still the best method to get money other than playing with the ah.

Note: I don't often sail to sanddeep as it is always on low %... but this time I was pretty lucky.

And here I am making 10-11g/pack (Gwen Plaza and turn in at Sanddeep during peace). But yea, traderuns on land aren't that good, unless you are East, come to Halcyona during peace, load up a merchantship, sail it to Austera and turn it in for charcoal. Having a full merchantship is worth it though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast