+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Becoming disillusioned

Labor is like a the gold sink in game. With labor, you control how much gold the server are taking in.

The only help I can give you from when I attempted to "try"... was I used loyalty to get 20 tax certs every 3 days. Covered most of my taxes.
    A Wild Locket Has Appeared!

♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    XOXO
    ♫♥♪♥♪♥♫
    Locket | Salphira | Alchemist | Archer

Quote Originally Posted by Ruar View Post
    Kind of depressing to think about the fact I want to play the game, I've found something I'm interested in doing in the game, but the game itself forces me to stop playing.
    Not the greatest design is it. Probably done that way by Trion to get people to make lots of alt Patron accounts.

In reality the effect is quite different.

LP is the greatest and for me one of the only problems in this game- when you could buy it for around 13-15G it was manageable, but at this point its hard to even break-even if you buy a workers compensation... and to do that will require an enormous amount of time and patience... just to break-even.

Just like you I have also been forced to stop doing trade runs, even though I fought to get the farm wagon asap. And contrary to many people, I actually enjoy both farming my fields and doing trade runs, but the game simply wont allow it. I have also stopped making potions even though alchemy was my main way of making gold, but there are simply no way I am able to both farm the mats AND making the potions at the same time... which really does not make any sense.

My plan atm is to just farm the mats, let it be in my warehouse, and hope Trion will fix the LP problem in time...

not happening

Quote Originally Posted by Ikvar View Post
    LP is the greatest and for me one of the only problems in this game- when you could buy it for around 13-15G it was manageable, but at this point its hard to even break-even if you buy a workers compensation... and to do that will require an enormous amount of time and patience... just to break-even.

Just like you I have also been forced to stop doing trade runs, even though I fought to get the farm wagon asap. And contrary to many people, I actually enjoy both farming my fields and doing trade runs, but the game simply wont allow it. I have also stopped making potions even though alchemy was my main way of making gold, but there are simply no way I am able to both farm the mats AND making the potions at the same time... which really does not make any sense.

My plan atm is to just farm the mats, let it be in my warehouse, and hope Trion will fix the LP problem in time...
    Not going to happen. XL is too stupid to see their cash cow is going to die prematurely due to excessive milking. There really is not much to the game so they want to grab as much money as they can before a player figures that out and leaves for good. They do not understand they could make more money keeping players in the game longer while new players come to replace those who eventually leave.
    Almost anyone who plays this game could manage it better than Trion and XL.

This game is a good alt game for me. I can play another MMO while my Labor Generates and my Crops grow, then login to Archeage and do some crafting/farming/mining, log out. Labor generates while I sleep and while I am at work so I generally don't have a labor problem. I have so much labor I sell things like processed logs, ore, stone, etc.

Not going to say it's a perfect system, it's nice in some ways, but restrictive in others. It keeps a more level playing field except for those who keep buying labor pots with real $.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruar View Post
    Kind of depressing to think about the fact I want to play the game, I've found something I'm interested in doing in the game, but the game itself forces me to stop playing.
    That is exactly how I've been feeling about it too. I like the game, I enjoy playing it, and there are many things I want to do in the game, but the labor system constructs a brick wall between you and the fun on the other side. With the labor potion prices what they are now, that brick wall has risen too high. You spend the majority of your time trying to scale it, which has caused me to stop logging on. I don't even bother doing my dailies anymore.

The labor system has to go, especially when there is already a subscription. It winds up feeling like paying for Facebook game turns on top of a monthly fee. XLGames won't even adjust the offline regeneration rates though, so they certainly will not get rid of the labor system. As much as I want to continue being a part of this game, since it's the closest thing I've found to early UO, labor and the cash shop gouging just ruins it.

Moving archeum into the cash shop via the Rumbling Archeum Trees was the last straw for me, and in a week from now I'm letting my Patron run out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grailer View Post
    The struggle of labor shortage is probably the greatest thing
    this game has to offer . Managing labor is fun and Probably the
    best part of this game.
    Archeum Tree (regular) cost for first harvest:
    3x Gilda Stars
    6x Hereafter Stones
    95 Labor Points
    16 hours of waiting
    Yielded: 1x Moonlight Archeum Dust
    Net loss: ~4.9gold
    Loss each subsequent harvest: ~1.6-2.4gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jomi View Post
    Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. ― C.G. Jung

The best or most profitable thing Trion could probably do at the moment is create a separate server and make it a mandatory sub and remove LP from the game. While were at it, give the option for instanced housing.

Those who want to remain on the current servers with the LP system and lack of housing, that's their choice. Those who want a separate server unlimited labor and housing at the cost of a mandatory sub, well that's their choice as well.

Everyone who has a problem with this game i feel need to be more patient.... Labor is what it is. if there were no caps you would have OP players who get everything in a month. then what about after that. the labor that you speak of was probably meant to keep people playing over time and gaining their skills slowly. you cannot possibly expect at max proficiency on all skills in a few days. If you expect that perhaps this game isnt for you. I plan to enjoy my time online in this game doing what i can to make what gold i need and make my skill gains over time. instead of spreading yourself out so thin try concentrating on a few things and enjoy the game

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast