+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: June 19, 2014 - Trion Livestream Recap Thread

June 19, 2014 - Trion Livestream Recap Thread

Since this was a pretty big livestream regarding information about the upcoming game update and closed beta test, I thought a recap might be useful for a lot of people, whether currently in Alpha or not. So, here we go ...
    • A second Alpha server will be opened soon. The name will be Omega, and while they wanted to open it in Amsterdam technical reasons forced them to open it in the US.
    • The 1.2 game update (4.0 patch for the NA/EU version) heading to the alpha servers will be the current 1.2 version currently live in KR and everything that it includes. Much of it will not yet be translated.
    • The 1.2 Alpha patch is likely imminent as it will hit before the Closed Beta Test starts, and the CBT is expected in "a couple of weeks".
    • The 1.2 Alpha patch will require a full download (i.e. you will need to download the entire game again) and the servers will be offline for an extended period of time.
    • The 1.2 Alpha patch will not include the NA/EU regional specific changes such as cross-continental Gilda Star trading, the 80/20 split, ping dependent skill fixes or other changes that XL will be providing at Trion's request.
    • The level cap will be locked at 50, and the new zones will not be available as that is designed for lvl 51-55 content.
    • The 1.2 patch includes the secure land trading system.
    • Borderless windowed mode and darker skin tones has been requested, and both are things XLGames wants to do, but no time table has been provided or confirmation that these will ever make it into the game.
    • Labor certificates (the ability to pay property taxes with labor) will be in the game.
    • Nations (player made factions) will NOT be available at launch, but will likely be at some point in the future. There were some problems in the KR release of this that XL is working on. As such, the unclaimable areas in Auroria will not be available at launch since these are tied to Nations.
    • Closed Beta will be a separate download and installation.
    • Refined Hereafter Stones will be converted to standard Hereafter stones at a ratio of 3 to 1.
    • Nui tears can no longer be used as a currency. Existing Nui Tears can be vendored for 20 silver each.
    • Trion does not plan to have the Sloth Glider available in the store, as they believe it is "best in slot" and they do not want any BiS items in the store.
    • Labor potions WILL be available in the store, and will have a cooldown (cannot spam Labor potions for infinite labor).
    • Ink, dyes, items for custom crests and costumes will all be store items.
    • The Glass Phoenix Glider from the Archeum and Gold Founders packs will NOT be available in the store, and will be useable at level 1.
    • A crafting reforging system is coming in 1.2 that allows a crafter to take 3 items of a stat base they do not want, and combine them to have another shot at the stat base they do want.
    • Healer kill assist for credit in PvP is coming. Player EXP will be included for PvP kills in a zone that is in war time.
    • The item to buy Patron status with in-game currency will be called "Apex". Apex will be bought in the store and can then be traded to a player in game. The buyer then clicks the Apex to convert it into credits, which can then be used to buy Patron status.
    • As a follow up to the point above, credits provided as part of the Founders Packs CAN be used to purchase Patron status if one so desires.

Phew! Feel free to add anything I missed and I'll add it, or please let me know if I mis-stated anything.

The 1.2 Alpha patch will not include the NA/EU regional specific changes such as cross-continental Gilda Star trading, the 80/20 split, ping dependent skill fixes or other changes that XL will be providing at Trion's request.

Does this mean we are getting the 60/40 split and the gilda star / crafting item from international trading?
    Krogger - lvl 50
    Leader of Wicked
    www.wickedonline.net
    Guild thread here

Quote Originally Posted by Krogger View Post
    Does this mean we are getting the 60/40 split and the gilda star / crafting item from international trading?
    I believe so yes, for now, until the custom changes are implemented in a future update. If heard them correctly, this follow up 1.2 update will come when Closed Beta launches, so it shouldn't be too long.

Sounds like everybody better enjoy dailies for Alpha, if I understand this right that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Krogger View Post
    The 1.2 Alpha patch will not include the NA/EU regional specific changes such as cross-continental Gilda Star trading, the 80/20 split, ping dependent skill fixes or other changes that XL will be providing at Trion's request.

Temporarily, on Alpha, the split will be 60/40 and there will be no gilda stars on international trading. We really want the 1.2 build out for feedback and large-group testing ASAP and don't want to wait for another build with those changes stacked into it. We do, however, need those changes in our first Beta build, and beta builds go to alpha before beta, so that should give you an idea of what I mean by temporary.

There won't be any name reservations either

Thank you for taking my question about Draw Distance. I think this is a really important feature to be addressed. As PvP groups continue to increase, being able to see what's coming is pretty essential to success. Also on the sea, not seeing a ship before they are able to reach you is also a challenge.

We can deal with it, but it would be nice to have a slider that goes from 1x to maybe even 2x.
    Lords of the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Temporarily, on Alpha, the split will be 60/40 and there will be no gilda stars on international trading. We really want the 1.2 build out for feedback and large-group testing ASAP and don't want to wait for another build with those changes stacked into it. We do, however, need those changes in our first Beta build, and beta builds go to alpha before beta, so that should give you an idea of what I mean by temporary.
    sounds good thx for the info <3
    Krogger - lvl 50
    Leader of Wicked
    www.wickedonline.net
    Guild thread here

I'm not sure if i missed this point of clarification or perhaps I am just too simple to work it out for myself. If closed beta is expected in a couple of weeks, when exactly is 1.2 supposed to be hitting the alpha servers? I expected from their announcement thread last night that alpha 1.2 was 2 weeks away, then CBT would follow this in a few weeks (totalling a month roughly?). However the stream made it seem like CBT is actually 2 weeks away, which as I said leaves no time for 1.2 alpha?

Please fill in my blanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zend View Post
    [*]The 1.2 Alpha patch will require a full download and the servers will be offline for an extended period of time.
    SERIOUSLY......? Can't they just patch the proper files? I mean, it can't be %100 of the game files and asset files have changed...
    Why download the full client all over again?

[*]The 1.2 Alpha patch will not include the NA/EU regional specific changes such as cross-continental Gilda Star trading, the 80/20 split, ping dependent skill fixes or other changes that XL will be providing at Trion's request.
    When will it hit? Will it hit ALPHA first? It should, shouldn't it?

[*]The level cap will be locked at 50, and the new zones will not be available as that is designed for lvl 51-55 content.
    Why? Why don't we have the new zones and 51-55 content. What's the big deal?

[*]Borderless windowed mode and darker skin tones has been requested, and both are things XLGames wants to do, but no time table has been provided or confirmation that these will ever make it into the game.
    Borderless Windowed Mode is perhaps one of the most requested items on the list. The answer above is more or less like playing a slot machine at Vegas..

---------------------

So... what about this stuff..?:
    • [FIX] RETAIN UI SETTINGS - Many elements of the UI do not retain their information, like windows positioning, resolutions corrupt due to ALT-TAB in/out of game..
    • [FIX] DX11 MEMORY LEAK - Fix memory leak and anything else causing poor DX11 performance
    • [FIX] CREST CLOAK FIX - Fix the issue where personalized crests don't show for you on your own cloak, but others can see it
    • [FIX] MAGIC MOUNTAIN - A HUGE mountain/rock magically (randomly) appears and blocks access in places like Falcorth Plains and Villanelle.
    • [FIX] FIX PIG TAILS - Pig tails(the tails on pigs) cause tons of graphical spikes
    • [FIX] TREE FLICKERING - Fix common issue of trees flickering
    • [FIX] QUEST JOURNAL HIGHLIGHT - About halfway down the quest journal the mouse-over on quests becomes out of sync with the mouse location
    • [FIX] 2 BYTE CHARACTERS - Allow the entry of 2 Byte text characters in the chat window. Right not it only shows a squares □□□□□
    • [REQ] 64BIT CLIENT - Provide a 64bit client version of the game (apparently Korea has one)

Ya this is beyond disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast