+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mawwage?

Post Mawwage?

So, I truly have to ask this question because nobody really seems to know, and any attempt at searching reveals only rumor or speculation. It was hinted at in the trailers but I can't seem to find info on it, so here it is:

Will there or will there not be an implemented system for marriage? I am not aware of one existing in the Alpha stage at the moment, but I've not heard of it nor have I heard of it's inclusion in release. Can I get a definite answer on both that AND on whether or not children will be included and HOW it will be included?

For those who don't care about marriage in the game, I cannot see it being a hindrance. I'm not sure what kind of bonuses or skills would apply to those who are married in the game, or if there are any at all, but for RP purposes it would seem to me to be a good idea. This game has a LOT of RP potential and such systems in other games have only provided better quality-of-life attraction. After all, "RP" is in the genre. For a game that boasts that you can play it however you like (body customization during character creation, anyone?) it would behoove the team that is bringing us this amazing game to include it. I need only point out games like Skyrim or Final Fantasy Online.

Any ideas? 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

P.S. Yes, the title is a Princess Bride reference.

Marriage was a fun game feature in SWG ... but honestly the divorce feature was just way more fun.
    Asphodel
    <The Guardians>
    www.kissmybuns.net
    It's only a game ... until you get a piece of Asph

Mawwage is wat bwings us togebbaaa tobayy.

I could probably see XLGames implementing a marriage system in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm not sure whether or not there will be an actual system in-game for it, with a ceremony-thing or buffs or skills or something, but if they did implement it I would hope it'd be implemented for everyone to enjoy (meaning, allowing male characters to marry male characters, female characters to marry female characters) rather than just leaving it as a male/female thing.

Wuv......twu wuv.....

Quote Originally Posted by DesertYeti View Post
    Wuv......twu wuv.....
    Twu wuv..

5 CM per second

I love the Princess Bride!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bY0fdgpISc

I just think that the team behind this game would miss out on a great opportunity for a good RP element as well as a touch of realism. Like it or not, you have to admit that people take advantage of in-game marriages. A lot.

Marriage in FFXI online was a nice feature. The whole thing was scheduled and a GM actually performed the ceremony (you actually had to pay $$$ to get married because of this). No bonuses or anything like that- you'd each get a wedding band and the bride would get a wedding dress (I think they added tuxes for the guys later).

There was no divorce- your character could only ever get married once.

We've mentioned it a few times: while there is no marriage system in ArcheAge, the Family List can be used to similar effect (title, permissions).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast