+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mawwage?

Quote Originally Posted by Merancapeman View Post
    I dunno, that seems like a cop-out. The trailer showed a pretty elaborate looking setup (and children, to boot, as though it were in the scope of reason for AA to include). I mean technically you can RP ANYTHING if you want using the power of a long-forsaken virtual game children used to call "Imagination Land." Setting a family system is like slapping a sticker on a friend and saying, "YOU, YOU ARE NOW MY WIFE. DO WIFEY THINGS FOR ME."

In my mind, having things in a "sandbox" realm should include sandbox things. I can name plenty of RPG games that have a great marriage system that is utilized in a majority of cases. To not include such a thing because "We have a way of making apathetic labels for your friends so you can monotonously be considered 'married to them', so you should be satisfied" is pretty lame.

Don't get me wrong, though. The game is beautiful. I'm just offering an often used, time-tested, suggestion.
    What you're seeing in the trailer is doable in-game. Go to Sanddeep near the marine houses. There's a party boat there and an NPC who sells a scroll for 50g. Use the scroll and it will set up wedding decorations and guests. You can then RP your wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Merancapeman View Post
    So, I truly have to ask this question because nobody really seems to know, and any attempt at searching reveals only rumor or speculation. It was hinted at in the trailers but I can't seem to find info on it, so here it is:

Will there or will there not be an implemented system for marriage? I am not aware of one existing in the Alpha stage at the moment, but I've not heard of it nor have I heard of it's inclusion in release. Can I get a definite answer on both that AND on whether or not children will be included and HOW it will be included?

For those who don't care about marriage in the game, I cannot see it being a hindrance. I'm not sure what kind of bonuses or skills would apply to those who are married in the game, or if there are any at all, but for RP purposes it would seem to me to be a good idea. This game has a LOT of RP potential and such systems in other games have only provided better quality-of-life attraction. After all, "RP" is in the genre. For a game that boasts that you can play it however you like (body customization during character creation, anyone?) it would behoove the team that is bringing us this amazing game to include it. I need only point out games like Skyrim or Final Fantasy Online.

Any ideas? 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

P.S. Yes, the title is a Princess Bride reference.
    Sure why the hell not. Cause marriage makes people in real life miserable and as a troll I'd be interested in seeing married fictional couples killing each other to.

By the way I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that.
    "Every moment of anger, hate, deceit, pain, suffering, pleasure, and desire is mirrored in the power of Chaos. When its legions march, they march to return upon us a ruin that is of our own making."

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    What you're seeing in the trailer is doable in-game. Go to Sanddeep near the marine houses. There's a party boat there and an NPC who sells a scroll for 50g. Use the scroll and it will set up wedding decorations and guests. You can then RP your wedding.
    Thanks for the info .

I swear these forums are getting ridiculous.
    It took me all of 15 seconds to find the answer to your question because I actually looked.
    Don't ask Trion for a marriage system, ask XL games.
    Ezenkrul-Land Baron Alchemist.
    I have no pity for the poor.

From some of the videos I've seen we might get something similar and marriage in games tends to be a good way to sink gold into something as well as sometimes exp benefits to being in the same party with them. I Would love to see somthing similar implemented if not to just marry all your friends into one family for exp benefits or other benefits

So has anyone actually tried roleplaying with it then?

Quote Originally Posted by skullhead51 View Post
    we have had people in NWO try it out , seems legit . THe ceremony is pretty good for the people that like to RP lol.
    Krogger - lvl 50
    Leader of Wicked
    www.wickedonline.net
    Guild thread here

Expect an awesome video/news post before the end of Alpha. =)

Expect an awesome video/news post before the end of Alpha. =)
    End of alpha as release or end of alpha meaning beginning of beta?

End of alpha as release or end of alpha meaning beginning of beta?
    I'm shooting for in between CBT and OBT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3