+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: so .. we have reached endgame.. what now ?

...I think people with so much free time to get to your level and finish the whole content in 4 months shouldn't complain of anything...

For me Sandbox games are all about making your own goals and playing it like you want.

Doing arena to get General title ?
    Plundering packs on the open sea?
    fighting and stealing packs on Freedich?
    Claiming more castles or Helping Allied guilds get theirs ?
    Do massive Traderuns your self 10+ tradeships to get alot of action
    Starting your own guild maybe? Instead of Zerging ?
    Getting "end game" gear? Like Quake/Ocean/Typhoon and get ready for Ayanad in Feb/march
    Getting Celestial buff?
    Getting a house, Crafting stations?
    Getting all the boats?
    Learn the other language ?

IF you have done all this I will give you alot of respect If not, well theres still tons of stuff to do! Its all about just wanting to do it.
    Defender of the North <Aesir> Rili

This is Aesir!

Running wild on EZI

if you're not having fun with the game, then why continue to play it? Sandbox has no dev directed content, AA has some but often it relies on you making your own fun.

@ OP you said a mouthful. It's not 100% sandbox but it is pretty sandbox-y meaning you make your own goals, you do what you want, you make your own endgame.
    Fabulous!
    01100111 01110010 00111000 00100000 01100010 00111000 00100000 01101101 00111000 00100000 01101001 00100000 01110010 00111000 00100000 00111000 00101111 00111000

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
    @ OP you said a mouthful. It's not 100% sandbox but it is pretty sandbox-y meaning you make your own goals, you do what you want, you make your own endgame.
    Within the confines of what Trion allows you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    For me Sandbox games are all about making your own goals and playing it like you want.

Doing arena to get General title ?
    Plundering packs on the open sea?
    fighting and stealing packs on Freedich?
    Claiming more castles or Helping Allied guilds get theirs ?
    Do massive Traderuns your self 10+ tradeships to get alot of action
    Starting your own guild maybe? Instead of Zerging ?
    Getting "end game" gear? Like Quake/Ocean/Typhoon and get ready for Ayanad in Feb/march
    Getting Celestial buff?
    Getting a house, Crafting stations?
    Getting all the boats?
    Learn the other language ?

IF you have done all this I will give you alot of respect If not, well theres still tons of stuff to do! Its all about just wanting to do it.
    Thing is OP wants someone take his hand and lead him trough content from A to B, like they do in wow. Luck of imagination my diagnosis. Too lazy to make your own game up. Their fault. There is plenty to do in game just don't be lazy mother ♥♥♥♥er. Make friends that might help too.

The game is a sandbox for some but not for all. It seems too heavily regulated to be a sandbox in my opinion.

In particular, the crafting and resource systems are extremely limited. There's no reason to explore looking for special items or resources. The crafting system is linear with no room to actually work to specialize in a crafting field or experiment with variations. There's not even any room for experimenting with materials. The trade routes are fixed and only a very small number are cost effective. There should be hundreds of potential trade routes without any specified... leave it up to players to figure out who will buy what and how much they tend to offer. The daily gilda quests never change... why not have random and moderately rare resources out in the world that could be searched for and turned in for gilda?

One thing I would have liked to see is a need to use cargo vehicles for more than just trade packs. For instance, certain supplies needing to be hauled that way between storage locations or to the crafting site. It would introduce more interaction between players and more to fight over. Inventory weight limits would have helped as well, leading to vehicles as a requirement to efficiently transport large quantities of resources to your warehouse or to sell.

Artistry is a great sandbox element, though it requires some amount of actual music knowledge to create the better songs. The automated tools function but usually with mediocre results. I just wish it wasn't tied to the proficiency point limitations... and that songs could get even longer at the highest skill. World exploration initially feels very sandbox-y as well.. until you realize that there's nothing to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
    Not really.

Everything you just said can also be seen as true within a traditionally thought of "theme park" game.

In other words: Just doing what you want, when you want, isn't synonymous with suddenly defining something as "sand box".

I'm in agreement with Kubi0461's post just above, particularly his opening sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostman View Post
    Oh really , PvP where ? everyone runs trade packs through safe zones , not even Auroria awards any honor which is pretty disturbing and saying 5v5 is competitive that's rich , one instanced warzone where everyone stays afk or invis. Wow man the PvP is real.. check urself please.
    My guys are stealing packs in hellswamp on a regular basis. If you're not finding pvp outside of hasla, halcy, or arena it's because you're not looking for it.

There is no "end-game" in a sandbox. You make of the game what you will. If you choose to play it like it's a themepark game then that's on you. If you're bored and think that there's "nothing left" to do because you don't want to do what is available, that's on you.

The OP isn't saying anything that hasn't been said by guys in EVE since 2003. "I have X skillpoints, I have nothing to do." "I have a super, there's nothing left to do." "I moved to null, there's nothing left to do." "I made X ISK, there's nothing left to do."

OP doesn't want to play a sandbox, he want's to play a game that caters to content consumers that don't like to find content outside of there own small sphere of enjoyment.

Nothing wrong with guys like the OP, it's understandable. Non-the-less he's playing the wrong kind of game and will always end up bored after a short period of time in a game like this.

OP's understanding of sandbox is a bit off. If he was placed on an actual sandbox he would probably complain that nobody is reading him a book or giving toys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6