+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: New update makes game unplayable

Hybrid View

New update makes game unplayable

So I tried to get on to help a friend claim a 16x16 spot opening up in Mahadevi. My surprise when after installing the newest update to find myself unable to play the game cause the game force closes itself during the Auroria poem loading screen every time. People say it's a problem with hack shield but how do you even fix such a problem?

If you have Microsoft Security Essentials (which I'm sure you do with Windows), turn off "real time protection"...it fouls up the hackshield update process and causes the issue you are describing.

you have to turn off your computer security to play a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tardacus View Post
    you have to turn off your computer security to play a game?
    I would hardly call MSE "security".

Microsoft themselves have come out (more than once?) advising the majority to switch to a third party AV, plus it gets beat by a landslide vs any competent AV out there.

So yes, turning off MSE can very well help out at times, AA or elsewhere.

This is not new its been like this since headstart. Just add these 3 exe to the allow programs to your MSE and firewall.

Glyph.exe
    Archeage.exe
    Hsupdate.exe

once you added them the issue should be fix for the most part and it even load a bit faster too. What is happening is that MSE will scan HS and a lot of the time thinking its as a non safe program and shuts it down.

Same problem

I have the same problem but MSE is tunred off as always and using AVAST even when disabeling all my protection the thing doesnt start up -.-

Ah yes.. the hackshield screw up...
    I usually just uninstall AA then reinstall it and BOOM!
    Back to business! This process usually fixes the problem with hackshield, I may try reinstalling it in a bit (haven't played AA for abit, was taking a break from MMOing) and see if it's the same issue, because when hackshield usually fails it usually friezes at the Poem screen. But this time it's a full scale crash sooo I will assume it's the same problem but yea, reinstalling AA usually fixes it, process usually takes me 1 - 3 hours there..>.>

But it's worth it if your really into it.
    I do hope Trion eventually fixes the Hackshield issue, it is getting slightly annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by AgetoAge View Post
    This is not new its been like this since headstart. Just add these 3 exe to the allow programs to your MSE and firewall.

Glyph.exe
    Archeage.exe
    Hsupdate.exe

once you added them the issue should be fix for the most part and it even load a bit faster too. What is happening is that MSE will scan HS and a lot of the time thinking its as a non safe program and shuts it down.
    I cant figure out how to do this
    HELP!!!
    (DLBG) Frogg
    Leader of the Devils Brigade

Seriously

Is a reinstall really the only way to remedy this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sagitaur View Post
    Is a reinstall really the only way to remedy this issue?
    If there is more then one case, your're likely going to run into the same issue even after the install.

Things were working fine this morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast