+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The ArcheAge Patron Program and APEX System

The ArcheAge Patron Program and APEX System

Announced two months ago alongside the beginning of Alpha, ArcheAge's Patron Program was born from the experience of taking our first MMO, RIFT, to a free-to-play model. In simplest terms, the program grants access to exclusive features and expanded benefits in-game. This premium service tier, called Patron status, can be gained through a variety of methods. As a cornerstone of our "No Tricks, No Traps" approach to free-to-play, it's important to us that the Patron Program adds to the fun of ArcheAge but is not required to play the game. This optional program was jointly designed by XLGames and Trion Worlds and is available to those players who want to get a little extra out of ArcheAge.

Before we discuss how to get it, let's detail what Patron status means in ArcheAge.

Read the full article on the website.
    [ @Scapes | Dev Tracker | Server Status | Latest News | FAQ | Need Help? ]
    [ "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays." ]

sounds great. only 1 quick question.

"Increased maximum Labor Points cap (5000 maximum)"

but dont we all get 5000 LPs anyway? i meant on alpha we're getting 5000 LPs.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    but dont we all get 5000 LPs anyway? i meant on alpha we're getting 5000 LPs.
    Alpha is treating all Founders as if they are also Patrons. Free accounts will have a maximum Labor Points cap of 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    Alpha is treating all Founders as if they are also Patrons. Free accounts will have a maximum Labor Points cap of 2000.
    got it. thanks!

Bonus online Labor Point regeneration (10 per 5 minutes)
    Offline Labor Point regeneration (5 per 5 minutes)

PLEASE DON'T !! SERVERS WILL BE CROWDED WITH AFK PLAYERS

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    PLEASE DON'T !! SERVERS WILL BE CROWDED WITH AFK PLAYERS
    Not with our AFK kick timer in place, they won't.

those are patron numbers tho brutus.. F2P players will only gain labour when online. I highly doubt it'l be a problem..

See, they will kick the afk's

I could see that also, maybe consider just offering the bonus lp regen regardless, otherwise as people sleep every safe zone will be littered with the staring statues of afk avatars while the owners sleep.

EDIT: Afk kick timer won't do anything , program that his spacebar every 30 seconds would kinda kill that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordManmode View Post
    those are patron numbers tho brutus.. F2P players will only gain labour when online. I highly doubt it'l be a problem..

See, they will kick the afk's
    that's even worse, both patron and free players will leave the game running 24/7 .. i know i will, no way i'm geting behind other people because they are online more often .

edit: i'm goin to waste more money on electricity bill because of my computer runing 24/7 than the game subscription .

the whole "Bonus online regen" thing only works for the koreans because they play on PC BANGS (lan house for gaming), the same system doesn't work for us .

"Damn, I won't get full LP regen if I log out, let me find a corner to afk in, how did I prevent myself from getting logged out before? Ah, that's right, time to afk mount level." Seems like a likely scenario also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 91 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast