+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Archeage server population has dropped a huge amount in a small time!

Archeage server population has dropped a huge amount in a small time!

The global chat is completely quiet now on my server besides gold seller spam. You cant even sell a house anymore. Very large guild is down to very few players. Auction house is low and items sell way less.

Lets face it Archeage is a game dependent on players and there just isn't enough to sustain it...

1) Trion you cant buy a game license and then claim you do not have responsibility and you cannot change things. You should not have bought this product if you cannot maintain it according to known acceptable standards.

2) You cannot make a game with a subscription cost and then make players pay large amounts to play the game. Labor is nothing short of a scam!

3) You cannot ignore players needs and concerns, fail to update and outright ignore your community.

Great game but WAY to expensive and deceiving. XL games and Trion are equally to blame.

...and lets face it. Archeage really doesn't have much end game content outside of just chasing gold... no raids yet, very few dungeons, ruined crafting, without content it will get old fast) ...and yes I am aware they are adding more content but its really small and not for a long time.. and then what? Nothing in site except giving Trion taxes (real $)

I am pretty sure that if enough investigation was done Trion could be found guilty of some criminal acts. The whole 150$ early access was an obvious attempt to suck people in knowing that the hacking would not surface till after release. Then they resold another "founders pack" at release on top of that.

Yes I would say they are responsible. If someone did this to me face to face things would happen to them.

Launch spike and then drops are completely normal. I see enough activity on my server to not be overly concerned.

Have you ever played a new MMO's launch? This is why some of us weren't for adding new servers when the queues were really bad during the first weeks. It's normal for a large portion of the player community to leave after the first few months of a game (not just MMORPGs). The population is stabilizing.
    Pingonaut [ Blighter : Battlerage, Defense, Shadowplay ]

Quote Originally Posted by Canute View Post
    Launch spike and then drops are completely normal. I see enough activity on my server to not be overly concerned.
    On Salphira the drop was pretty severe at least to the naked eye. Our situation is a bit different though since those who quit our server aren't just fleeing hacks, bugs or because they can't find land. The predominately Brazilian western faction is alienating newcomer Americans, while the eastern faction is being wiped out due to constantly being underdogs.

A new player on salphira sees either br and US players going at eachother in chat, or join the East and get roflstomped.

Pick your poison.
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

It's the Castle Peace Funds. More and more gold is being dumped onto the server without true gold sinks for castle owners. They buy everything out on AH and causes prices to rise like crazy. The smaller guilds can't keep up with the inflation so they end up quitting. My guild is probably next unless I can figure something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
    Have you ever played a new MMO's launch? This is why some of us weren't for adding new servers when the queues were really bad during the first weeks. It's normal for a large portion of the player community to leave after the first few months of a game (not just MMORPGs). The population is stabilizing.
    Sorry but its much worse then that.

Server population dropped because people are fed up of the same old ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.
    To the people in charge of this game:
    Stop introducing new features and start introducing bug fixes, stability fixes and the only new feature that should be added any time soon is a feature that allows guilds to declare war on each other (so we can fix some exploits for you)
    Barring that, I and my wallet won't be returning and I can tell you that a lot of people feel the same way.

WHat swerver is op on?

Quote Originally Posted by tudian View Post
    The global chat is completely quiet now on my server besides gold seller spam. You cant even sell a house anymore. Very large guild is down to very few players. Auction house is low and items sell way less.

Lets face it Archeage is a game dependent on players and there just isn't enough to sustain it...

1) Trion you cant buy a game license and then claim you do not have responsibility and you cannot change things. You should not have bought this product if you cannot maintain it according to known acceptable standards.

2) You cannot make a game with a subscription cost and then make players pay large amounts to play the game. Labor is nothing short of a scam!

3) You cannot ignore players needs and concerns, fail to update and outright ignore your community.

Great game but WAY to expensive and deceiving. XL games and Trion are equally to blame.

...and lets face it. Archeage really doesn't have much end game content outside of just chasing gold... no raids yet, very few dungeons, ruined crafting, without content it will get old fast) ...and yes I am aware they are adding more content but its really small and not for a long time.. and then what? Nothing in site except giving Trion taxes (real $)
    Hmm sounds like what many of us echoed a couple months ago. An mmo isn't really an mmo if there aren't enough players around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast