+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is piracy frowned upon?

Question Is piracy frowned upon?

My friends and I were hoping to become pirates on the seas, but I didn't know if piracy was a bad thing or not.
    We'll sail around and attack some ships, taking their loot and selling it. Is that illegal or not?
    Also, if it is illegal, will continuous piracy result in a ban? I just don't want to be banned for being a pirate.

If you had read the main page at the part that tells you about naval combat, you would know you can be a pirate...

Just go here: http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

And scroll down.

Now for more detailed information, you will get crime points for killing other people which can get you thrown into jail in-game of course. Eventually you are kicked out of your own faction to join the pirate faction which allows you to not go to jail as long as you stay on the seas or on the northern continent.

I have no idea how serious you are. What kind of game with naval combat doesn't allow pirating. lol

you're right lol

As a pirate myself, it's really fun if you're doing group stuff all the time (There are also different types of pirates depending on what exactly they want to do). However, if you're solo, being a pirate is very, very boring since the only truly safe area for you is the very small pirate island (out in the sea / auroria is safe from jail, but not from other players [The neutral guards WILL attack you on sight]) And there is very little to do there. IF you can get a farm on the island, you can just sit and farm or sit on the coast and fish. You can also do arenas if that's your thing.

That's it for solo play.

Pirating is definitely a group thing.

Piracy isn't discouraged, but you should definitely do your homework on the pros and cons of being a pirate before you make the decision to become one, especially if you are a new player learning the game. Committing acts of piracy in game can lead to in game jail sentences which give you a debuff that will prevent you from performing any actions (like crafting, combat, etc)for a certain period of time. You will not be able to simply afk until the debuff goes off either,you will have to wait out the debuff while keeping your character active in game, and depending on the penalty you get, this could last for hours.

Also, be aware that pirates will not have access to certain things in game like the 2 factions will (an example of this would be the ability to capture the Halcyona war flag for your faction and be rewarded).

If you think you can deal with the consequences of being a pirate, then there's no reason why you shouldn't become one if that's your preferred play style

Only thing i frown upon are these kids that only attack in pairs, or when your grinding, like yaber/DVS guys etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Linoge View Post
    Only thing i frown upon are these kids that only attack in pairs, or when your grinding, like yaber/DVS guys etc etc
    I like Yaber. I spent awhile fighting him on Freedich once, some time ago. He was a pretty friendly guy.
    Best signatures on the forums, a list:
    Trixologist , Hotpockets
    trev , Dita
    Traciatim

If I could remember even a scant few of the many words of wisdom I have come across in my life,
    I would undoubtedly make the most of them.. by sharing them in my forum signature.

+ Reply to Thread