+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: ArcheAge Public Test Server FAQ

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1

ArcheAge Public Test Server FAQ

Adventurers,

Got questions about the Public Test Server (PTS)? Find answers to the most common ones here!

Who has access to the PTS?

Everyone with a Trion account has the ability to play on PTS for ArcheAge.

What languages can I play in on the PTS?

You can play in English, French or German – it just depends on what your Glyph Client is set to.

How do I log into the PTS?

To get to ArcheAge’s Public Test Server, load up Glyph and select “Public Test” from the region selection. You’ll have the option to install the Test client or, if you have already installed it, to play the game.

Can I copy my live game installation to the PTS directory?

If you want to avoid downloading the entire client, COPY your live client folder [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\Live to [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\PTS. Then rename “history.txt” to “pts-history.txt”. Make sure that you COPY your files, or you’ll end up having to re-download the live client. The default game location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games. After you launch Glyph, check the “Settings” to make sure that it’s pointing to the new folder that you just copied everything into, and update to the new build! You should only have a small update (150-180mb) to get you patched up.

Why is my Patron Status missing on PTS?

Anyone who becomes a Patron or begins a new subscription period will get Patron Status on PTS. We are working on getting Patron Status on PTS to existing Patrons as quickly as we can. To help with labor, the online labor regeneration rate has been doubled until we can get all historical Patron Time applied to PTS.

How do I give feedback?

The best way to give feedback is on our forums in the Public Test Server forum. There will be threads for specific feedback that we’re looking for to ensure that we see all the feedback on key topics!

If I buy something on PTS does it affect my live Credits?

No. PTS and Live servers have different pools of Credits. Any Credits you spend on PTS will only give you items on PTS, and will not affect your live characters or account.

How do I get Credits on PTS?

There’s a couple different ways to get credits on PTS. Periodically, we’ll be granting players PTS Credits. If you purchase Credits, those Credits will get copied over to the PTS servers for when you’re testing. Remember, your PTS Credits don’t affect your live credits, so you can spend them on testing items safely!

How do I get my character leveled up or receive test items on PTS?

After you’ve created your character and logged into the server, say “Level me up Fluffy” in /say and you’ll get experience, gear, gold, Gilda stars, and a few fun items to help you enjoy your new level. It might take a few seconds and some more chat before your level up happens! (If it you don't see a lot of chat from other players, try talking to yourself.) You’ll need to go to a mailbox to receive your items, so be sure to check all of your mail! Once you get leveled up to 50, select your additional 2 skill trees. Use the Growthstones in your inventory to level additional trees up to 50. Select your skills, equip your gear and you’re all set!

For the latest Fluffy commands, visit this thread.

How do I level my character's profession on PTS?

The Fluffy bot can be used by any player on PTS to level their profession (such as mining): in /say chat, enter "level mining fluffy". Please note, these commands may be temporary.

Is my progress on PTS permanent?

No, all progress on PTS may be wiped at any time without notice.

Where do I find out what’s new on PTS?

Check out the Public Test Server forums for the latest notes and testing directions.

Got a question we missed? Ask it here! This FAQ will be updated as needed so keep checking back.
    [ @Scapes | Dev Tracker | Server Status | Latest News | FAQ | Need Help? ]
    [ "Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays." ]

Can I copy my live game installation to the PTS directory?

If you want to avoid downloading the entire client, COPY your live client folder [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\Live to [Glyph Game Location]\ArcheAge\PTS. Then rename “history.txt” to “pts-history.txt”. Make sure that you COPY your files, or you’ll end up having to re-download the live client. The default game location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games. After you launch Glyph, check the “Settings” to make sure that it’s pointing to the new folder that you just copied everything into, and update to the new build! You should only have a small update (150-180mb) to get you patched up.
    Did all that exactly to the letter, now it wants to download the full game on both live and PTS. I have archeage install in the default directory.

Will the Labor pool be unlimited or restricted?

I'm a dumbass and didn't read it fully thanks!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by flesh View Post
    Did all that exactly to the letter, now it wants to download the full game on both live and PTS. I have archeage install in the default directory.
    So its not working i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by LianLi View Post
    Are we going to be boosted? So we can test out the new instance?

Thanks!
    Read the FAQ.

how do i get patron on pts? the account is patron but not applying on pts, only na/eu
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Roadblocks are annoying (I've been on the receiving end of them)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I've actually never been blockaded on any character.
    While I admire your optimism, I feel the need to draw your attention to reality

Is the 20 Labor Regen / 5 min only for the Test Server or is this Included in the next Update itself for Live ones? Would be rly nice to see this Live.

i did this step by step but it still wants to download the whole thing again

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #10
    Currently on Nuia ... still figuring out where to settle down
    Quote Originally Posted by flesh View Post
    Make sure that you have set the PTS folder (LIVE & PTS have to be in different folders) in the Settings menu in Glyph to the one that you copied your files into, and that you have renamed your history.txt file to pts-history.txt.
    Victoria "FireCait" Producer, ArcheAge

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast