+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this called a PVP game?

Why is this called a PVP game?

To call this a pvp game is kinda pointless considering the fact that there is almost no reward for taking part in it. The only rewarding pvp is the arena's and well they suck big giant buttholes. WOW is more of a pvp game then this one. SWTOR,Rift, (insert random mmorpg), They all have just as much pvp as this game and some of them are rewarding unlike this one. When WOW's open world pvp is almost equally rewarding then they did something wrong, terribly wrong.

Why do you need to be rewarded for pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
    Why do you need to be rewarded for pvp?
    Because camping level 30s on your level 50 isn't rewarding enough?
    Questions about Arche Age? Unsure what to do next? Just want more information about the game before you try?

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sucuri View Post
    Because camping level 30s on your level 50 isn't rewarding enough?
    That avoids an answer to the question. Themepark mindsets require rewards for objectives, sandboxes do not. I pvp for the fun with the odd pack reward at the end. It's not a constant reward.

That avoids an answer to the question. Themepark mindsets require rewards for objectives, sandboxes do not. I pvp for the fun with the odd pack reward at the end. It's not a constant reward.
    Wasn't trying to answer anything.... Considering you market a game as PvP, and the first 1-30 levels you see 0 PvP, that in itself is pretty funny. Most people can play this game to max level, never even set foot into a PvP situation. Aside from castles / honor junk is there even a point to killing other players? Hell I get more enjoyment from farming in this game then killing other players now lol
    Questions about Arche Age? Unsure what to do next? Just want more information about the game before you try?

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Sucuri View Post
    Wasn't trying to answer anything.... Considering you market a game as PvP, and the first 1-30 levels you see 0 PvP, that in itself is pretty funny. Most people can play this game to max level, never even set foot into a PvP situation. Aside from castles / honor junk is there even a point to killing other players? Hell I get more enjoyment from farming in this game then killing other players now lol
    That's good since your posts aren't contributing anything then. The point in doing something is up to the user, not the game.

Oh, you mean the other games have a currency based on PvP kills and deaths? Oh you mean there is a shop full of cool items you get solely from the PvP based currency? I don't know, I believe the OP is new around here. This game actually provides much more incentive for PvP than any other MMO he mentioned. The loss of a tradepack to someone who will now get your gold is pretty good PvP, the loss of a ship of trade packs is even more intense. Want to grind Hasla, well you're most likely going to band together with others from your nation to protect yourselves in the PvP area. Want to get easy cash but out of labor, why not hit the high seas and relieve some fishermen of their boats and fish? Halcy, that's probably all I have to mention about that part.

OP is most likely butthurt because he sucks at PvP in this game and likely has an endgame WoW toon he goes back to when he feels like crying.

AA is all about pvping to take trade packs to get gold. You can also get honor by pvping in war zones. WoW only rewards INSTANCED PvP, and that is the big difference between AA and WoW. You can't make gold from PvPing in WoW unless you are selling arena carries. I would disagree about WoW being more of a PvP game than AA.

That's good since your posts aren't contributing anything then. The point in doing something is up to the user, not the game.
    Yes, because your post is just laced with all sorts of insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried View Post
    AA is all about pvping to take trade packs to get gold. You can also get honor by pvping in war zones. WoW only rewards INSTANCED PvP, and that is the big difference between AA and WoW. You can't make gold from PvPing in WoW unless you are selling arena carries. I would disagree about WoW being more of a PvP game than AA.
    Going to agree there, WoW hasn't had world PvP since vanilla, before BGs were even patched in. The only thing WoW really has is more instanced # vs # stuff. Which to be honest gets really boring fast... Finding anti pirate guilds pretty fun on this game that is for sure. Follow a merchant ship around, they are bound to get attacked sooner or later lol

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

because PvP is available in contested areas, faction war, auroria, pirates or privateers, and ctrl F for anytime pvp.

and PvP isnt just for fights. PvP = Player vs Player interaction whether it be player to player trading, AH, stealing, court, guild, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast