+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: MMO's and the anti female crowd

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,362
    The average mmo player these days has only ever had interactions with their mother and maybe a sister or two. Once the move to their parents' basement they even shun that intergender contact except for maybe dropping off stiff smelly undies to the washed or to demand to be fed.

    (this is a joke just in case it went over the basement dwellers' heads)

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by sundae View Post
    Most guilds have lax standards and barely put in the effort of a minor interview regarding new recruits. If you don't know who you're recruiting you get problems, doesn't matter if the member is male or female. Majority of females in MMOs aren't gamers. So despite the lower ratio of females, you get more troublemakers.

    The stereotypes are largely true and deserved, but the response to it by having a no-female rule is immature in its own way.
    I respect the opinion, but after repeated instances, which were mentioned, it would be ignorant to continue to allow it.

    Screening or not, each case was specific, and more often were not new recruits.

    Immaturity or just self preservation?

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Asbjorna View Post
    I find if we don't start our responses with, "As a woman, ......" there is usually no problem. I don't announce my gender to anyone. If they happen to find out via voice chat that I'm a chick, who cares. I haven't been treated differently in an MMO almost never and I've been playing for over a decade.
    Thanks. Exactly what I was saying. Now can we please get rid of this ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ topic and - as humanity - move on?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    100
    Never seen any problem with AA and women. We've more than a few women in my guild (including my irl wife) and never had an issue.
    ~Drasek~
    Officer of Duskfire Guild

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    323
    Our guild has never had a issue. I get a feeling this Anti-female is a common event in guilds with little kids.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by UserName6 View Post
    So i'm older and i've played MMO's for awhile, then stopped for 5-6 years and finally picked up Archeage.

    I've noticed this really weird trend that I don't understand at all. It used to be when playing an MMO if people found out someone was a female player they would bend over backwards to help her and she would get all kinds of special treatment.

    I've noticed in Archeage from forum postings and chat postings that if someone finds out some is a female player they have a tendency to go ape and rage and kick them out of groups or even guilds. Whats the deal with this? Why did this change so drastically?
    Well this trend developed in these 5-6 years because internet populated over and over. While 5-6 years ago it was still limitted but today I have internet even when doing stuff (yeah I won't write that, leaving climax moment for next part of post xD) in public restroom. So wicked thing began to happen. People mixed over and out so we have this like it is today from one extreme to another.

    Also they might don't like it because it somehow always turn to be soap opera but if always if it happen then this proves only one thing... THEY ARE ♥♥♥♥ING INMATURE or atleast never seen girl before or never had chance to interact with one. I don't want to say that they might have some kind of social disorted but whatever. It is nothing bad to be a light "womanzier" but be honest and don't cross line with madness... Be atleast "gentleman" (for both genders, fyi ;P)

    Right?

    Milord or Milady... Who cares? Why we should limit ourselves by schemes only to find cheap excuse for everything?

    And that thing pointed by UserName6 is not only for anti-female crowd it is for "other than my point of view/thinking". I miss old days where You could play without gender, racial, national or even religion difference problems. Nothing was that important as good and entertaining game.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucisferre View Post
    Well this trend developed in these 5-6 years because internet populated over and over. While 5-6 years ago it was still limitted but today I have internet even when doing stuff (yeah I won't write that, leaving climax moment for next part of post xD) in public restroom. So wicked thing began to happen. People mixed over and out so we have this like it is today from one extreme to another.

    Also they might don't like it because it somehow always turn to be soap opera but if always if it happen then this proves only one thing... THEY ARE ♥♥♥♥ING INMATURE or atleast never seen girl before or never had chance to interact with one. I don't want to say that they might have some kind of social disorted but whatever. It is nothing bad to be a light "womanzier" but be honest and don't cross line with madness... Be atleast "gentleman" (for both genders, fyi ;P)

    Right?

    Milord or Milady... Who cares? Why we should limit ourselves by schemes only to find cheap excuse for everything?

    And that thing pointed by UserName6 is not only for anti-female crowd it is for "other than my point of view/thinking". I miss old days where You could play without gender, racial, national or even religion difference problems. Nothing was that important as good and entertaining game.



    Perhaps your point made sense, but the way you delivered it...
    "....However, as with all things, you will encounter the odd ****** and or ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥."
    -Cingal
    Youtube Channel | Twitch | Gaming Blog | Amitabha Gaming Guild
    Has Trion Messed Up?
    Trove Early Review!

  8. #18
    I get embarrased for the people that ♥♥♥♥ themselves when a girl comes into a group.
    As far as the angry people go, probably kids that think it makes them look cool or something. I never understood the angry ♥♥♥♥ talk that happens in game.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3
    Some men fear the potential Yoko Ono. These also happen to be the same men who fall slave to the Yoko Ono. So it's pretty much safe to ignore their sentiments completely. Any sane, mature person will not be dissuaded by Yoko Ono, because Yoko Ono didn't actually break up the Beatles. Unfortunately, this is the Internet. You can rest assured that no matter who you are, there is someone who hates your guts for no good reason. It'd be a real good guy thing to preach the necessity of civility, but getting all worked up over other people's botched mental states is just going to make you feel worse than you need to.

    Unless you were actually trying to analyze the frat gamer mentality on an MMO's off topic sub-forum. Not the best place for a study on the subject.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by ApocaRUFF View Post
    Perhaps your point made sense, but the way you delivered it...
    Well I was trying to use hyperbole but it went "I know Im stupid but I know that Im smarter than everybody out there" thing. I won't back my words just because they are harsh but I can say that I agree with You It was kind of strange way of delivering my point of view.
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different from Yours." - Cheshire Cat, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts