+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing in 2.1

lets take the sport fishing money making: marlin fishing.
    With 50k proficiency you gonna cast 40 lures a day before being out of labor. 40 lures.
    Anyone sport fisherman here nows that you can waste easily 40 lures on a spot without getting a large.
    this and nerf of fish price effectively destroys sport fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by JMorton View Post
    You don't speak for 99% of the people that fish.
    There's not need to "speak".. you can see everyone with the "AWAY" text next to their nicknames while fishing. You don't? That's why i said: 99% and not 100%.

Everyone would want to go sport fishing. That is were the money is at... (at least for next 4 hours in 1.2 who knows?)

People worm bait fishing while AFK are just leveling their fishing, while making their money back.

This doesn't make me happy. I'd like to enjoy fishing, not just look at it as an end to a means. If they want to reduce the chances of catching a lockbox with normal fishing (not TOO much), then ok. But don't remove it all together.

Also, it's not like you can go to an npc and buy bait cheap. You either have to "grow" your own or buy it off the AH. The amount you spend for fishing should be recovered by fishing, plus a little profit. It should be a legitimate way of earning a little cash- it is, after all, a profession.

I don't know a great deal about sports fishing, but the same should apply for it.

Please don't make fishing a useless profession (like in FFXIV- worthless!). It really should remain a great part of the game.

read my post. 100 labor per cast of sport fishing , means its 40 lures per day and you're out of labor, or forced to buy labor potions.
    this is a very bad change.

Quote Originally Posted by garfield View Post
    read my post. 100 labor per cast of sport fishing , means its 40 lures per day and you're out of labor, or forced to buy labor potions..
    Of course you'll be out of LP! You gonna fish 40 times .. it's not like using worms.. a single lure lasts for minutes before catching a fish... if i mine for a good hour i will finish all my labor points as well. What's the "surprise"? lol

New York City..the crown jewel of Midgard
    From what I am reading in most of the patch notes (fishing included); They are trying to make AA more of a long term grind process for doing things the "old fashioned" way to funnel folks into buying items from the cash-shop to mitigate that. I can imagine we will see all types of items on the cash-shop that will add either a percentage labor decrease for various crafting, farming, and fishing activities or different tiers of the labor replenishing items they mentioned in the livestream. We complain about it now because the "free" way right now is very accessible to reach 50K fishing AND make high profit yield. From a business standpoint that makes no sense for Trion or XLGames to allow that....if it can be done with out cash-shop items they are going to make it much more difficult so folks funnel into buying things from it.

It's just business people.
    Remnant:

An Eastern faction PvX guild founded by sandbox MMO vets and Star Wars enthusiasts who have been gaming together for 5+ years. We are dedicated to bringing our experience in building a solid and fun foundation in ArcheAge. Join us and become a part of our growing community! Levelers and EndGamers welcome!

For more information or our TS3 info send an in-game message to Nueshak
    Please visit us as at http://guildremnant.enjin.com/

Nueshak- GL of Remnant

Level fishing to max prof with auto cast> Fish large fish > profit. Stop complaining kids, i know you all want it nice and easy, but deal with it

To the person that said 100 labor isn't a big deal because you get labor back... yeah, when it was costing me 18 labor it was no big deal. With 300 labor I was able to catch just under 30 fish (with labor regen and lucky eel spawns). Now that is THREE fish. Unless small eels are going to be 6g each (roughly 3x the price at roughly 3x the labor) then it's a huge hit.

That being said, I know they want to decrease the amount of money being made 100% safely in the inland lakes... big on risk vs reward. But with this change, it won't even be worth it to go on the ocean until you can get large fish and who knows when in the new 90,000 proficiency that will be. Plus with all the red and green hunters out there, I stopped ocean fishing a week ago and have gone back to green lures and eels. Ah well. We'll see. Maybe OT and Bushi will all move to Omega,,, (yeah right).

Quote Originally Posted by Lenain View Post
    To the person that said 100 labor isn't a big deal because you get labor back... yeah, when it was costing me 18 labor it was no big deal. With 300 labor I was able to catch just under 30 fish (with labor regen and lucky eel spawns). Now that is THREE fish. Unless small eels are going to be 6g each (roughly 3x the price at roughly 3x the labor) then it's a huge hit.
    Regular fishing != Sport Fishing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast