+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Men who roll female characters

Quote Originally Posted by Chryos View Post
    I don't think about sex.............. I am a guy.
    One of these 2 things is a lie......
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by Morpayne View Post
    Just curious why since Iv noticed in my past few mmo's a lot of my guy friends roll females ingame. They say they rather stare at a female all day instead of a male. This confuses me a bit since Iv always seen the character I create as my avatar, the ingame representation of my real world self.

Am I wrong to assume then that men who roll females are generally disconnected from thier avatars...or is it something a bit more complex like wanting to take on the role of a woman, if only virtually?
    a most acurated answer would be...
    depends on how you see your avatar... for example i am a guy who play a female, but i dont feel like my toon represents my self, even if its male, "its not me" unless i play a game like SWORD ART ONLINE... ooh yes i will create a male avatar because it will be truly me...
    but not here, i like to see a cute character, i like womans so when i walk down the street i like looking at girls not men....

also, i draw and i like drawing girls too, could it be a rude girl, cute girl, whataver, so im not a girly-man... when i look at my toon i watch how the body looks like so when i draw i can remember the poses and etc etc

and yah, im dont use my female charater as my barbie, so im not undressing her everywhere or brushing her hair like many real girl would do with its own character

I have been playing a female character lately because my 12 year old daughter loves to sit with me and watch me play, and it's her favorite character. My daugher helps me spot out things I sometimes would miss when playing alone. It is good for her to see that the hero doesn't always have to be a dude. I don't role play. I don't see the character as a representation of myself. It's just a game.
    TRAILBLAZER
    INDICA
    SINSEMILLIA
    PSYN
    LOWKI
    @ CALLEIL - NUIA

TO LIVE IS TO SUFFER. TO SURVIVE IS TO FIND MEANING IN THE SUFFERING.

why are we still talking about this? who really cares? nobody...maybe they should start banning for ridiculously stupid posts about 'why the sky is blue' or 'why do have to go poo poo'

im a gril btw

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiphentai View Post
    im a gril btw
    As a "gril" do people cook hot dogs and hamburgers on you?

Also, are you a charcoal or gas "gril". I prefer charcoal, better flavor.

This topic comes up in every MMO.

As a female, I usually play a female character. But I don't limit myself to it. I'm a writer, and I see my characters as just that - a character. Sometimes a male character is the story I want to experience. Like my huge male tauren warrior in WoW. I wanted an intimidating warrior, so I went male.

My husband usually plays a female character, based on aesthetics. Females tend to have better hair and clothing options, and he often doesn't like how males look in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Child View Post
    MMORPG=

Many
    Men
    Role
    Playing as
    Girls
    Lol.

I have created female characters in others games in the past. When I got married 3 years ago my wife looked over and burst out laughing that I was playing as a girl. I haven't played a female character since then lol...

It's MMORPG you can be whoever you want and do whatever you want.

There can be any number of reasons. Sometimes the race designs favor one gender or the other. Some people favor looking at one gender or the other. Depending on how you play a game, that may be an important factor. Often I find it much more interesting to play with appearance and clothing options for female characters than male characters. Sometimes the female version of items look better than the male appearance version. Other people may pick what best reflects their game play style. I'm sure it's possible that some people have a personality that connects better with one or the other regardless of their own gender. Maybe it's as simple as what a person feels best fits the class they wish to play. For instance, in most games I find that male characters end up looking horrible in cloth gear.

There are simply too many potential factors to really come up with any useful discussion on it. A better topic would be on why some people seem to care what a person chooses to play in a game.

Side note:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenhii View Post
    And no, it has nothing to do with sexuality, if I wanted to watch ♥♥♥♥ I have a folder full with the non-pixelated non-clothed stuff, thank you very much -_-
    Any digital image or video would still be all pixels. It may be easy to tell what's a real person today, but eventually technology will advance to a point where that will no longer be the case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast