+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please add block mail feature into the game

Question Please add block mail feature into the game

Hey.

I'd just like to point some attention to the everlasting issue many of us experience within the game, in hope that TRION / XLGames would get their shi* together and solve this problem once and for all.

We have all been mail spammed by those gold sellers countless times, like it or not. I don't know how the rest of you feel about this, but I consider this to be quite frustrating and intrusive as there is no end to those spams.

It clearly effects the gameplay in a negative way, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it except to put up with that bulls***, while the developers are perfectly capable to add in a single feature into the game; this has been demonstrated multiple times already.

Gold sellers and bots are not just a plague for those that prefer to enjoy the game with a fair play, but also a competition profit wise. So why is this being so neglected ?

It does not require a mastermind to edit an existing line of code and add in another function. This could easily be done during the maintenance period and would require a fragment of the time.

Ideal solution would be that the people on the block list are completely unable to send a mail to the person that blocked them. It really is something most of us need and want to see ingame.

I believe it's safe to conclude this has been said 1000 times over, but it simply needs to be said again, and again for as long as it takes for this to be implemented.

Anyways, thank you for taking the time to read this. Hopefully this dream might be on the list of those that came true at some point. Cheers.

I like the ones that give you 1 copper. It's like paying you to read their ad.
    "sarcasm"
    TRAILBLAZER
    INDICA
    SINSEMILLIA
    PSYN
    LOWKI
    @ CALLEIL - NUIA

TO LIVE IS TO SUFFER. TO SURVIVE IS TO FIND MEANING IN THE SUFFERING.

Why cant I block gold seller email spam in the same way that I can block gold seller chat spam?

Why cant I delete an email from a gold seller, just because it has money in it? (Standard "protect your account 101"... Do not take money from gold sellers)

Why, in 2015, is there a game as big as Archeage without such basic tools for the players to help protect both their accounts and the game in general from RTM spam?

Why isn't there a recent message from Trion about this, seeing as it was reported way back in October 2014 as something that was still being worked on?
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...email-from-bot

And why is the community manager (in link above) advising that's its ok to take the coin in the email... when its puts the players (not the community managers) account at risk of being caught up in account bans?

Aye, just walk in and out of Marianopole and you might end up being rich!

Until I can block the spam, I've been returning it back as I cannot delete.

I just check the box and download attachments without reading it then I delete it having never opened it. So I never see their ad and I take their money. I prefer this to actually opening their spam though I would much prefer being able to block them or at least delete it completely without dealing with it. Today I logged in and had 12 of these in mailbox and I have only been offline for maybe 8 hours. It is really out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by captrench View Post
    Why cant I delete an email from a gold seller, just because it has money in it? (Standard "protect your account 101"... Do not take money from gold sellers)
    Trion has already stated multiple times that you will not be banned for taking the 1 copper the gold spammers send you.

Make it so you can only receive emails from people on your friends list.. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zengiar View Post
    Trion has already stated multiple times that you will not be banned for taking the 1 copper the gold spammers send you.
    I would take that with a very large pinch of salt... especially as the risk is all on the players side.

But really, this is besides the point. Why isn't standard spam blocking functionality in the game already?

Quote Originally Posted by fleabite View Post
    Make it so you can only receive emails from people on your friends list.. Simple.
    I will definitely check that. Its certainly a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by captrench View Post
    I would take that with a very large pinch of salt... especially as the risk is all on the players side.
    There's something I have serious difficulty understanding here.

An OFFICIAL TRION SOURCE has said that things are ok to do in the game yet we the players somehow don't believe an "official" source, why? Do you somehow need a huge announcement post plastered onto the front page all the time saying things are ok? Because according to Trion, the official statements are that

- AFK hitting scare crows and/or using in-game mechanics to AFK is fine (yet people still think you can be banned for it)
    - Taking the 1 coppers from gold spammers is OK

Yet regardless of Trion stating this to be the case it is some how deemed invalid. Do you need Scott Hartsman to personally reply saying that it's OK or what?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast