Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Producer's Letter: New Year, New Updates!

Senior Producer

Producer's Letter: New Year, New Updates!

Greetings ArcheAge Players,

My name is Merv Lee Kwai, also known as "Khrolan", and I've recently had the honor of joining the ArcheAge team as a Producer. I became involved with ArcheAge during early Alpha stages and continue to play passionately today. It’s a pleasure to meet you and I know the future is going to be bright with us working together.

Over the past few months in ArcheAge we’ve been fortunate enough to witness your stories unfold. Powerful player alliances have formed and fallen. Newcomers and veterans alike have made their marks on Erenor - hopefully not too many of those marks were made at the bottom of the Arcadian Sea in the form of a shipwreck. We’re proud of how far you’ve come and have exciting news to share about what’s in store for 2015.

One of our top goals for the New Year is to be more transparent when we communicate with you. It is our intention to fix a lack of information or detail, starting now. It’s important for us to reach out and provide the information you need to understand what’s in store for our future and how we’re going to get there. You’ll begin to hear a lot more from us on our forums, social channels and live streams. We will discuss game play issues and provide insight on where we are with future content updates at a much more detailed level then we have in the past. So let’s get started.

Along the Shore

Since Auroria’s launch, we’ve seen players combine efforts on a large scale to claim, build and maintain castles. We’ve seen successful sieges and successful siege defenses. War is a difficult undertaking and that’s largely due to the costs to wage battle and the comforts defenders receive. We will spend some time tuning siege mechanics to create a greater sense of risk and a more balanced interaction between competing guilds.

Serpentis and The Sea of Drowned Love have received a frequent amount of traffic since their release as players compete for their spoils. In order to encourage continued exploration of these dungeons, we have temporarily reduced their barrier to entry by providing easier access, entrance tokens and new quests that grant rewards like Lunadrops, Lunafrosts and temporary duration jewelry upon completion.

We’ve also felt your pain when it comes to deep fluctuation within the game’s economy. Market values of popular items rise and fall based on traditional supply and demand but there are items that have fallen outside of our desired values. Examples of this include the recent spike to regrade components and archeum crystals which ultimately led to some areas of crafting being cost prohibitive. To combat this issue, we will begin to slowly introduce alternative drop methods to the game--reminiscent of the way rumbling archeum saplings influenced the price of thunderstruck trees, but on a much more controlled level. The first way you’ll see this occur is through a login event where you will receive free "Divine Gifts" under similar delivery methods as the Winter Maiden’s stockings. These gifts will include various rewards including regrade materials up to Lucky Points.

A decision was reached to make available some of the most popular cosmetic and companion items through the loyalty system in addition to supply crates. This was seen most recently with the addition of the Sloth Glider. Other coveted items will follow this trend and that’s mostly due to player feedback!

On the Horizon

A main focus for the future of the product is improving the daily quality of life for ArcheAge players. We are shifting priorities to deliver game mechanics that some of the veteran players will recognize like the PvP Arena and Fishing Tournaments. We have a challenge here to ensure that the rewards for these systems are congruent with the way the game has evolved, but that obstacle should be solved in the near term and we will deliver these events as soon as they’re finalized.

Another goal is to review mount and glider normalization to ensure that top tier rewards retain their value. It’s important to us that a reward reflects the level of effort taken to obtain it and we realize that’s not always the case with this category. Normalization has become a bad word of sorts but we believe that’s something we can change through intelligent decisions.

Our future updates will also include an increase to the overall integrity and fairness of the game. Some of these are fundamental changes like adding a global trade channel to remove some of the spam from faction chat, the ability to ignore or refuse mail from blocked senders and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously. You may have also noticed recent efforts to purge players who employ third party programs to gain an advantage while playing Archeage. This is an on-going focus and is necessary to ensure everyone is on an equal playing field.

Over the next couple of weeks you will see the initial stages of the Diamond Shores introduction. For those of you who don’t know, Diamond Shores is a new region that’s located in southwestern Auroria. It’s populated with creatures and quests that are designed to support the level cap increase to 55. It includes a new residential area and is the foundation for the best dungeon experience to date, the Ayanad Library. We’re also excited to see how the introduction of Obsidian Weapons and additional skill points influence the classes you choose to play. Lastly, it’s our Intent to ensure that Diamond Shores goes live as a contested Aurorian region which means open world PvP will be a component of game play in this zone.

Embarkation

As you can see, we have a multitude of positive changes on the horizon and we extend a hearty thank you to those of you who have provided constructive feedback about the direction in which we should be sailing. Please be sure to stay abreast of new content as it filters through our Public Test Server. We look forward to joining you on the sea in 2015 and watching as the waves you make resonate across Erenor. May your glasses never be empty and the wind always behind your sails… except when turning, that wouldn’t be helpful at all.

Safe Travels,

Merv "Khrolan" Lee Kwai
    Producer - ArcheAge

First again and welcome

to be more transparent when we communicate with you
    Yes, Trion should do this since last year. I guess better late than never.

Some of these are fundamental changes like adding a global trade channel to remove some of the spam from faction chat, the ability to ignore or refuse mail from blocked senders and even placing a limitation on the number of unbuilt structures a player can maintain simultaneously.
    The bolded part, please consider make it like one or two unbuilt per account.

But still, players with multiple accounts can circumvent this limitation, so I hope Trion will have a better plan for this.
    Nothing to see here, move along ...

Talk is cheap lets so you actually communicate more with us. LIVE STREAMS you said, I can't wait to see this. More transparency, lets see 25 posts a day from trion in a day on the forums not radio silence for days at a time. Again talk is cheap lets see actions.
    You want to work smarter not harder in AA. Make your money work for you. INVESTMENT tips all day in my channel follow me!

Link to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-...OVObusemDVEXoA Everything you need to know about archeage. Guides on leveling, housing, rare items, how to make lots of money etc. Daily updates and features

Also drop me a comment if there is a specific topic you want covered or want to pick my brain. Here to help. Thanks

Hi Khrolan and welcome There is a huge concern as to the time it takes to level from 50 - 55 and it would be great if you could address it with your team.

Did you know that 50 - 51 takes about the same amount of time to level as 1 - 50? So in essence, we will be levelling the equivalent of 5x level 50 characters through grinding mobs and a handful of daily quests to kill x amount of mobs.

I'm sure everyone would really appreciate this being looked into carefully and adjusted for the NA/EU market. Personally as I levelled from 1 - 50 in about 3 straight days, I would expect 50 - 55 to take around the same amount of time. Considering the 50 - 55 content is hardly quest lines and more about grinding mobs, over and over again, without any exploration, if it takes an extremely long time, the game will suffer even more haemorrhaging an even larger player base. It happened in Korea and really hope it doesn't happen here.
    N/A - Spellsong

This feels like a Hartman letter. I see no dates for content, and clearly you guys didn't learn any lessons this past 5 months as you continue to make archeage;trion edition making changes nobody wants or has even asked for. You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.

It feels like not a single one of you actually plays videogames, even though the first thing you always say is
    oh man we totally play those fancy vidya thingies"

And what the hell do you mean by only the initial stages? Wake up. You sitting on content isn't and has not ever worked. Every month you lose more players, yet here you are, hiring more people to do less work as if that's the way to make money.... goodness. Drop your western specific changes that nobody asked for, and just publish the game like you are suppose to.

If you want more conflict, then add all those nice systems from 1.7 and 1.8 that are very specifically pvp orientated. Don't butched the limited content from 1.0 further. You will regret it. The player base will hate it, and there will be even more balance and economy based issues that you will never resolve with some silly box event.

I feel like you guys make changes to our version just so you like, can justify your jobs. Like you sit around coming up with stuff, just because you are bored or something. Let me lay this out for you in the simplest of terms: if we wanted to play a western mmos, we wouldn't be playing a Korean mmo. Understand?

You guys like to start your posts off with "greeting ernoroians durr durr" as if you understood the ingame lore. But you clearly don't if you don't understand why auroria isn't a war zone. Just stop. Please.

Lets hope you support the players! im still £300 out of poket dude to a bug when trying to obtain the sloth glider

and trion wont help me with this issue......

Quote Originally Posted by sillywabbituk View Post
    Lets hope you support the players! im still £300 out of poket dude to a bug when trying to obtain the sloth glider

and trion wont help me with this issue......
    If you spent 300 pounds trying to get a virtual item, then I'm not sure even psychotherapy can help you with your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by John Small View Post
    You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.
    It sounds like Diamond Shores will be a PvP zone but the Library is not. You hardly spend any time on Diamond Shores to level apart from maybe a couple of dailies to kill x amount of mobs. You will spend most, if not all of your time inside the Library, doing the same repetitive thing grinding mobs over and over again. Completing another killed x amount of mobs daily, then continue if you really want to get to 55 faster than anyone else.

If they make it a PvP zone, lets hope it is permanently war so we can at least earn some xp with our honor.

PS: Thunder Dash / Kraken Glider I hope are changed back to being some of the BiS in game. They're not easy to attain and right now Thunder Dash is slower than Stormdarter/Mirage Lion whilst Kraken Glider's "S" ability is removed and the Sloth Glider's "S" ability remains.
    N/A - Spellsong

Quote Originally Posted by John Small View Post
    This feels like a Hartman letter. I see no dates for content, and clearly you guys didn't learn any lessons this past 5 months as you continue to make archeage;trion edition making changes nobody wants or has even asked for. You want to know whats going to happen if you make diamond shores a pvp zone? It means only1 faction is going to level to 55, and the other 2 are going to be completely screwed.

It feels like not a single one of you actually plays videogames, even though the first thing you always say is
    oh man we totally play those fancy vidya thingies"

And what the hell do you mean by only the initial stages? Wake up. You sitting on content isn't and has not ever worked. Every month you lose more players, yet here you are, hiring more people to do less work as if that's the way to make money.... goodness. Drop your western specific changes that nobody asked for, and just publish the game like you are suppose to.

If you want more conflict, then add all those nice systems from 1.7 and 1.8 that are very specifically pvp orientated. Don't butched the limited content from 1.0 further. You will regret it. The player base will hate it, and there will be even more balance and economy based issues that you will never resolve with some silly box event.

I feel like you guys make changes to our version just so you like, can justify your jobs. Like you sit around coming up with stuff, just because you are bored or something. Let me lay this out for you in the simplest of terms: if we wanted to play a western mmos, we wouldn't be playing a Korean mmo. Understand?

You guys like to start your posts off with "greeting ernoroians durr durr" as if you understood the ingame lore. But you clearly don't if you don't understand why auroria isn't a war zone. Just stop. Please.
    Maybe you need to take a break from playing and eat something? Your negativity sucks balls.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast