+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How boring it is to me!

Angry How boring it is to me!

This is my last post on this forum. I just want to express everything that I feel.

So, Iíll start in order, as you already know, our favorite PTS server was disconnected on October 13. In this thread: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ber-13th/page2, respected Carendash wrote: "We 'll let you know beforehand when the PTS will be available again. " And now, on December 25, and they didnít even say that it was opened, they didnít even deign to apologize and tell us players why they donít open PTS.

Of course, who am I to challenge the decisions of the administration. But, you see, itís just a shame to pay so many years for a subscription, and in the end get a closed server. I waited a very long time, hoping, dreaming that one day, the PTS will open ... but to my deepest disappointment, this never happened.

What does asking Trion prevent us from reporting PTS? Pride? Or complete indifference? One thing is clear - they do not care deeply about us. They only like when we pay money. But when we need information - they are silent. I do not believe that none of the Trion administration read the forum. They read everything, but for some reason they donít answer.

Perhaps they listened to those players who constantly complain that PTS - exists only for testing, and not for constant play. And only thanks to them, we lost part of our lives.

Perhaps if we get together and write in technical support, maybe then they will pay attention to us?

Thank you for understanding. That's all.

I totally understand your regret, I have similar feelings about pts. For me, as a person who has been dealing with IT for years, it is completely incomprehensible that public test servers were taken to perform internal tests for that long time. Does this mean that XL / Gamigo did not have a proper internal test platform before? Can not such a big company afford to buy or rent the right servers for testing? only need to take us test servers that are intended for such a long period of time? XL / GAMIGO !! SHAME !! Test data collected on pts can be copied to your internal servers and analyzed there.
    Taris - Noxie, Pts1 - Alisee, Pts1 - Drakul (Nuia), Pts2 - Bliss
    Real life doesn't exist, its only Afk

Seems like Gamigo are either having problems scaling up or are intentionally running a shoestring operation.. ie they are trying delay any expenditure on servers or staff.

I understand. But you could write just one line: We are busy / We will not open pts. But no, they are silent. It seems to me that they are forbidden to answer us.

How about i just put this here for you guys to read. IT IS A TEST SERVER. right now there is no new content to test so why would they have it active.

Firstly, as you put it, "IT IS A TEST SERVER" but nothing that this "IT IS A TEST SERVER" was open for many years, and no one shut up ?! Please, dear, do not carry nonsense! It’s just that the Glyph Administration made money from those people who played on the PTS, and it’s not clear why they decided to suddenly close it!

Quote Originally Posted by Macdareth View Post
    How about i just put this here for you guys to read. IT IS A TEST SERVER. right now there is no new content to test so why would they have it active.
    Well for me, I've been farming for several years and only now want to go back to try out how to work my gear up - as well as what mobs have the best drops for what I need.

The first time I used the test server > was to learn how to make better sails for my clipper and other ships. What I learned was invaluable and I did not have to use my own resources in order to figure things out.
    Jinx - Dwarf - Aria Server | Alts: Jing / Jejune

Natariaa said:
    *Perhaps they listened to those players who constantly complain that PTS - exists only for testing, and not for constant play. And only thanks to them, we lost part of our lives.*
    (For some reason the quoting system isn't working..so I had to copy and paste this line of text myself..lol)

Well seeing that they listen to Reddit users instead of the actual player base on their forums, I wouldn't be surprised if they listened to Whalers or the 1%'s that keep saying it "only exists for testing."

I seriously wouldn't be surprised if this is the truth..like seriously..why else would they close it for this long? Its not wiped, because I can still see my 6 characters...so that only tells me that they are just listening to those 1%'s who complain about the PTS needing to be a "real" test server..>.>. And ye..I've been on PTS since the day it opened, when we only had "Level me up Fluffy!" as a master command.

Even back when we were testing Secrets of Ayanad, I remember Khro answering a question in-game saying how they were going to wipe PTS fully, but decided not too, mostly because of the great community response on wanting to continue testing new content, and PTS hasn't been wiped since..

And granted..its funny..if this was a real test server then the Christmas event would of needed testing, but I guess not..I'm still "holding on to hope" bs, but even I, Wraithhunter is out of patience and out of respect for Gamigo when it comes to the PTS...Like as much as we all complained about Trion and such, at least they didn't close the PTS for fricken 3 months and gone completely silent. I mean yes..during Secrets of Ayanad, there was that 1 time they did, which you know me, I always bring that up lol. But still..Major updates hitting live, I understand the closing of PTS for a week or 2, but for 3 months and nothing has been said? Really?
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdareth View Post
    If its a "TEST SERVER" then we would have everything..but its clear you weren't here at all on PTS for a long period of time..you do realize that our PTS1 is NOT a test server right? Yes, we do test new content and such, however we are not given that content majority of the time..just like Live Servers we have to FARM it. Even back when we only had Magnificent to use we had to farm Delphinad, which was hard to get, another great example would be Hiram, for the "Major update" we tested the new area, but non of the new gear was given to us to "test" once again we had to farm it.

Even the awkening scrolls that they wanted us to test on PTS; we had to farm it..do you see a pattern? If our PTS was an actual PTS like lets say an obscure game World of Warships PTS, then we wouldn't have to worry about such things..but in our case..we do. Because majority of the stuff we have on PTS is not only old or "gotten rid of" now, but also people like I, which had to grind majority of the items on PTS since the beginning like Ayanad, as well as people trying to get Hiram upgraded etc, you would dam be mad if the PTS just closed randomly for a long period of time without say.

Our PTS is a LIVE SERVER..ever since Secrets of Ayanad it has become one..and being very honest with you, I like how our PTS is, I like that we are given items to help us, but also still have the fun time of farming for stuff, I mean, when it comes to major things like Hiram gear, I rather have a command for that, as well as really hard to get materials or items..but other stuff that isn't really a trouble to get, no problem.

We even asked for commands when Hiram was in stage II of testing, but those never came out until way later of this recent Major patch.. Even when Trion was the publisher, they had PTS open after a week a major update hit live..sometimes they would leave it open for months, Gamigo did the same when they came into "power" but then randomly closed it without words spoken..Soooo yea.

And also good sir or madam, if you are one of those 1% or Whalers that do nothing but go on PTS forums to piss us off with your annoying blabbering, then I can only say go ♥♥♥♥ yourself, and go back to live servers..if you are not a 1% or a Whaler then ignore this message. And if you send me a death threat in my PM..like many have already due to my past fourms posting about being outspoken against people like you, then do as you please..just know I'll report it anyways. >.>.
    Lost Ark....a new Devilian, as one waits until the sun rises from the east to the west, the Ancient Warriors of Immortal Hero's resting...waiting for the drummer..so they can once again...awaken from their eternal slumber.

Quote Originally Posted by sblmnl View Post
    Seems like Gamigo are either having problems scaling up or are intentionally running a shoestring operation.. ie they are trying delay any expenditure on servers or staff.
    Granted, that can be the case too, but all I wish for is that they SAY something, to let us know that "hey we are dealing with problems so PTS will be closed for a long period of time, we'll let you know when its up." Instead of total silence leaving all of us PTSer's wondering wtf is going on and where is the communication. In one sick twisted way, its funny to me because before Trion announced their leave, they were totally quiet on forums, their Discord etc..so Idk if this is the same thing or what..Just frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast