+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: NA Server Instability: 2/19/15 at 12:30 PM PST (GMT-8)

Oh hey looks like they're letting up on TX a bit ( http://map.ipviking.com/ )

Back to St. Louis it seems (that's where I usually see them hitting)

1:40pm PST - Calleil seems to be back up

rofl

Sever Crash...

Urgh... Actually you would be amazed how simple it is to do a DDoS attack. For those that do not know, here is a video to explain a DDoS...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhA9PAfkJ10

I am sure it was just timed to be around the maintenance window so it looks bad against Trion. That part it looks like has worked and confused a lot of people.
    Yes there are things you can do on the servers to prevent this, but its usually up to the ISP to help correct the issue.

As for leaving 1 server online, depending on the type of attack, it would allow them to watch the packets and look for any patterns that could be used to track or trace the sources. With this the ISP can setup blocks at a higher network path freeing up the Trion Internet Pipe. This is called a Honeypot, but rarely do you use the production server for this purpose.

This time it is nice to see that the authentication server is still able to authenticate with a quick turn-around. Unlike all the previous DDOS they attacked the authentication server to prevent people from signing in.

Yes it sucks, yes I wish the servers were up, but someone had to go an ruin the day... it was not Trion.
    I hope they catch the person and at least sue from loss of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    1:00 PM PST: Our Operations Team is actively working to mitigate the effects of the attack and restore normal service. We'll continue to update this thread with the latest developments.

Adventurers,

The North American servers are experiencing crashes due to a DDoS attack pointed at our Dallas center. This instability is unrelated to this morning's maintenance. We're in the process of getting the affected servers back online.

We'll keep this thread updated with the latest information. Sorry for the unexpected downtime!
    Normal..........

"YOUR BASE ARE ALL BELONG TO US!"

Only a real gamer will know where this came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Chucksard View Post
    Now my messages need to be approved by the forum moderators. Too much pictures ?
    i think moderators should be more onto these trolls and dissing peoples posts when its an opinion and no need to attack people like they do. morons. thought the pics was nice change from some the ignorant people on here

Quote Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
    QQ some more. A few weeks back I listed 10 items each with 100g listing fee. The downtimes over 3 days, combined with the depression in the AH, caused those items not to be sold. RIP 1k gold. Talked to an admin about it but there's nothing they can do about stuff like that - so Good luck recovering your 70g. who lists items before a server maintenance anyways? They put up the maint. thread over 24 hrs before the maintenance...
    no one even checks the forum until they get booted and then they are all OMG WTF HAPPENED U GUYS SUK I H8 U ALL DIE GET REEL JOBS

When all they have to do is use their brain and say Oh hey.
    its thursday, theres a maintenance! *checks forum like non weetawd human flesh sack*

.-. im terrible with this kinds of forums, how do I post a picture without this url ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast