+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: NA Server Instability: 2/19/15 at 12:30 PM PST (GMT-8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    sure Their is been lots of downtimes but Trion has hardly stated that it was the result of a DDOS everytime. Not to mention, Trion has been removing bots, hackers, and gold farmers. So it does make sense that someone in that group might know how to ddos properly and may be initiating DDOS attacks. Unless ya work at Trion i dont think their is anything we can literaly do about it as customers except speculate and guess.
    You contradicted my point, and then you reply only furthering my point.
    My original point was Trion does not use the 'DDoS Card' when something goes wrong with servers. As many people are saying.
    In fact I said they've only said it a few times that I can remember since launch.
    Then you post a picture of them saying a DDoS attack has occurred, 2 of them... Like 2 times out of hundreds is playing the 'DDoS' card all the time..
    You're last statement is way off base considering the context...

god damm brazilians need to stop with the ddos attacks

Calleil is back up

Quote Originally Posted by Psylockeut View Post
    Urgh... Actually you would be amazed how simple it is to do a DDoS attack. For those that do not know, here is a video to explain a DDoS...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhA9PAfkJ10

I am sure it was just timed to be around the maintenance window so it looks bad against Trion. That part it looks like has worked and confused a lot of people.
    Yes there are things you can do on the servers to prevent this, but its usually up to the ISP to help correct the issue.

As for leaving 1 server online, depending on the type of attack, it would allow them to watch the packets and look for any patterns that could be used to track or trace the sources. With this the ISP can setup blocks at a higher network path freeing up the Trion Internet Pipe. This is called a Honeypot, but rarely do you use the production server for this purpose.

This time it is nice to see that the authentication server is still able to authenticate with a quick turn-around. Unlike all the previous DDOS they attacked the authentication server to prevent people from signing in.

Yes it sucks, yes I wish the servers were up, but someone had to go an ruin the day... it was not Trion.
    I hope they catch the person and at least sue from loss of revenue.
    y u gif them the power to lern. WAI

Calleil is back up
    -Ranth (Bloodskald)

Do not panic, I assure you I am working hard on fixing the server problems personally!

im pretty sure its "All your base are belong to us."

I guess no one here actually knows what a DDOS attack is???? All the money we've spent to play this game, they could at least purchase decent servers.....

Quote Originally Posted by laflare View Post
    it was a point i was making that they actually know how to keep a game running, and ive played wow since vanilla and i can not remember it crashing not one time out of the random.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yaTCXcvTGY

this is what ya get when you chase off the bots. revenge of the gold bot industry..... they sum angry Asians

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast