+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Shores PvP

Diamond Shores PvP

Hey! So, I guess I'll get right into it.

I still don't really see the point in allowing Diamond Shores to be a contested zone. How is this any different than Freedich, Hasla, and Halcyona, other than the fact that the layout (being a giant box on an island with outlying housing zones) doesn't lend itself well to thoughtful PvP? From what I've seen of PvP on DS right now, when it goes to war, people end up just zerging around in circles outside of the Library. There's no thought or cleverness that goes into this, and it ends up being a mind-numbing honor grind where the greater numbers often win. Even those who live, breathe, eat and ♥♥♥♥ PvP in ArcheAge are saying that the PvP as it is now is "boring."

There are multiple safe zones on the main island, making it a constant game of tug-o'-war.

I guess I still don't understand why Trion has decided to deviate from the KR and RU models of the game to do this. A truly neutral zone doesn't exist in ArcheAge, except in Diamond Shores (in those versions). What's the point in totally eliminating this unique feature in favor of yet another contested zone alike to the handful of other zones where war times and big back-and-forth zergs already take place? Exiting the library also evidently dumps you right into an unsafe area, so the claim that those who aren't there specifically for PvP but for the PvE that comes with Ayanad Library can totally avoid the PvP... is totally moot (at least unless / until Trion addresses that problem).

The only reasoning I can see behind this is... Trion's "dev" team seems to consist of pirates and people who prefer the PvP aspects of the game above all else. This makes it hard for them to even imagine what it's like to play as a non-pirate, non-PvP-centric player of any sort.

Is this still a change that Trion wants to go ahead with, and does it really seem sustainable to the company at this point?
    ArcheAge-Roleplay.net

Formerly Wanderer on Tahyang
    PLAYING SINCE CBT3 KR

I'm a non PvP centric player and I love the way Diamond Shores is set up. The close respawns means it's a constant fight between factions instead of one side wiping the other and then waiting 5 minutes for them to run back and fight again. The fact that there's so little time for the winning side to recover, means that even outnumbered and outgeared players can eventually force the other side away.

Yes I will admit the library exit is in a horrible place, but that's what PTS is for and hopefully it's something they pass on to XL to consider changing since their version doesn't have a constant peace zone in DS.

Trion wants there to be maximum conflict so we keep ourselves entertained as cannon fodder for the p2w whales who would otherwise have nothing to do since trion refuses to release 1.7 and 1.8 which actually contain meaningful content.

In korea, diamondshores became the go to place to live and hang out since it was an easily accessible safe zone for all factions. Everyone could turn in their fish there in relative safely, it was the zone everyone wished the rest of the game was. Remember, archeage is not balanced for nor really is the 'hard core pvp sandbox game' trion advertises it as. The game was designed to be a role play heavy, casual p2w open world farm ville simulator. The korean players really dont appreciate random open world pvp mixed with their fishing and farming simulators. This is why in 1.8, houses become pvp safe zones regardless of zone.

This is the only zone that pirates can engage in war in without a possibility of getting sent to jail (aside from the sea). I hope trion had 3 way wars in mind when they designed it to have conflict. As for your pve, this is the sort of thing I imagine Pvers/RPs alike enjoying out of the new content:

Day 1: My guild of explorers and I have found ourselves beached on a foreign land. The locals seem to call it the diamond shores and I can see why with the way the water and sand glisten so brightly. We've made camp around a small group of merchants and an area to craft trade packs.

Day 2: We've built a temporary base in this new land, it's not much, but two cottages is better than nothing. It hasn't rained yet since we've arrived, however, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Day 3: Some of the members, including myself, are getting restless. We're eager to explore the new lands. After having fished up our food for the next few days, we should be ready to set off tomorrow.

Day 4: I've never seen anything like it. There are nuians, elves, firran, haranyans and outlaws all surrounding this giant structure. The locals said it was some sort of library, but I've never seen a library like this. We'll set up camp outside for the night and enter in the morning. I can't wait to see what's inside.

Day 5: We went in the library....we couldn't believe our eyes, it was filled with tomes lost to the ages. Before any of us could pick one up to read, we were assaulted by ancient keepers of the library. Two of our men died today defending us, may they rest with Nui now. We barely made it back out with our lives...but that's never stopped an explorer worth their salt before.

Day 6: If you're reading this, it most likely means I've died. We encountered heavy resistance on our way to where we believed the second floor to be. Three of us died on the way here, and there are only two of us left. I can feel my fever rising and I'm slowly bleeding out. Why couldn't one of our healers have made it through!? If you're reading this adventurer, please, avenge my exploring party. While we may rot in this library, our souls can rest in peace if you can kill the killers. Please...

Oh, and you have new bosses to fight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Theblight View Post
    As for your pve, this is the sort of thing I imagine Pvers/RPs alike enjoying out of the new content (...)
    I think you misunderstand exactly how roleplay works.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    The only reasoning I can see behind this is... Trion's "dev" team seems to consist of pirates and people who prefer the PvP aspects of the game above all else. This makes it hard for them to even imagine what it's like to play as a non-pirate, non-PvP-centric player of any sort.
    exact opposite, they are taking AWAY the pvp in the library, they are a buncha care-bears... heck due to the decreased pvp several people in my guild have just announced they are quitting the game before the patch is even released!

Diamond Shores the territory that was originally neutral zoned

Don't be a bloody carebear, why should you have the ability to farm and be safe 24/7, people like me want to make you feel paranoid and make you krii everiii timmmeee you die, stop trying to turn this game to your playstyle, how it's set at the minute is quite fair.
    Heronin
    Pirate Faction
    "I'm curious. After killing me what is it you're planning on doing next?"

Quote Originally Posted by Galix View Post
    Diamond Shores the territory that was originally neutral zoned
    would rather have diamond shores neutral and library floors 2 and 3 be pvp!

The PVP is going to be fantastic. Since its the only fish stand pirates can use both the other factions can farm them for free fish when they come in

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast