+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 55 Enigmatist Build

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260

    55 Enigmatist Build

    This is probably going to be the build I run with. I really want to take throw dagger for the extra utility though. What point would you toss around to allow it? I play this class because of the mobility which is why im heavy in auramancy.

    http://arche-base.com/builds/edit/44...4/JG6pzaa1PA6g

    Slapped - Naima. Now Kyrios. http://www.twitch.tv/slapppped

  2. #2
    Senior Member Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,481
    You should be able to muster the extra ~450 INT+SPR for 100% accuracy without Magic Condenser. Wanting Vicious Implosion strikes me as strange unless you're hoping for a 512% finisher. Points better spent in Health Lift and maybe Absorb Damage if you're doing without VI. In any case, not Magic Condenser. Small crit bonus isn't worth it. That's assuming you REALLY want Teleportation Discipline.

    Leech won't give you enough time to drop Meteor unless you're geared in a huge amount of cast time gear and your opponent is not wearing cloth and has no other reduction like Terrifying Roar.
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    You should be able to muster the extra ~450 INT+SPR for 100% accuracy without Magic Condenser. Wanting Vicious Implosion strikes me as strange unless you're hoping for a 512% finisher. Points better spent in Health Lift and maybe Absorb Damage if you're doing without VI. In any case, not Magic Condenser. Small crit bonus isn't worth it. That's assuming you REALLY want Teleportation Discipline.

    Leech won't give you enough time to drop Meteor unless you're geared in a huge amount of cast time gear and your opponent is not wearing cloth and has no other reduction like Terrifying Roar.
    I play this class now. I easily get my meteors off. Vicious implosion is a must have. I could however get rid of condenser and pickup health lift, good call. Teleport Disc was beautiful when i played with it in PTS. Im thinking of dropping the cast time passive and picking up dagger, until I start heavily stacking cast time reduction
    Slapped - Naima. Now Kyrios. http://www.twitch.tv/slapppped

  4. #4
    Senior Member Gamemako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickthorian View Post
    I play this class now. I easily get my meteors off.
    You can't expect people to gear poorly forever. I still see people wearing plate, but time will weed them out eventually. Nothing you do will give you a shot at people with cloth and Terrifying Roar or any passive. They only stay leeched for 4 seconds, and that's nowhere near enough time for a GCD, cast, and the slow-♥♥♥ fireball landing.

    If you prefer to keep it for people who gear poorly against sleep, then Mana Flurry is good to have since it will open up that window considerably (especially if you're not using an Obsidian Katana -- you haven't stated whether you're gearing OK or staff).
    Level 55 Retired Theorycrafter / Mathemagician / Forum Warrior / Boundless Fountain of Rage
    Some starter suggestions on improving ArcheAge.
    <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchegeDown View Post
    count until 10....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamemako View Post
    You can't expect people to gear poorly forever. I still see people wearing plate, but time will weed them out eventually. Nothing you do will give you a shot at people with cloth and Terrifying Roar or any passive. They only stay leeched for 4 seconds, and that's nowhere near enough time for a GCD, cast, and the slow-♥♥♥ fireball landing.

    If you prefer to keep it for people who gear poorly against sleep, then Mana Flurry is good to have since it will open up that window considerably (especially if you're not using an Obsidian Katana -- you haven't stated whether you're gearing OK or staff).
    What. When I meteor people, I have them in a deep freeze. I don't have to completely rely on leech. Bit off topic though, i'm just looking for advice on the build.
    Slapped - Naima. Now Kyrios. http://www.twitch.tv/slapppped

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kyrios & Morpheus
    Posts
    3,835
    build looks good. Be aware of what Gamemake said about meteor, but it's still absolutely not a reason to forgo meteor. Keep leech meteoring when it's a appropriate.

    Could drop thwart hearten and get commet's boon, 7% health conversion. Could drop 5% faster casting and get 10% crit. None of these changes would significantly alter game play. Just preferences.



    The only thing that really distinguishes your build is it's heavy auramancy. You don't necessarily need teleport 50% refresh. It makes it a very RNG build. for more consistency, learn to use teleport without RNG refresh and take things like freerunner, shadowsmite and daggerthrow. Playing with and without teleport refresh is a big game play choice.

    something like this:
    http://arche-base.com/builds/generat...4/JG6ZzPa1kA61

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    418
    Imo, Enigmatist is the kind of stealthy hit-and-run class and my personal favourite. Meteors work, but I'd say the electric skills is what makes it shine.

    EDIT: My own build for 55: http://arche-base.com/builds/generat...4/8sGZzbT1BCzs

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260
    Interesting, both of you took out vicious implosion. It's a really good skill. But yeah Drem, I could try not relying on teleport resets. They happen often and are amazing when they do though.
    Slapped - Naima. Now Kyrios. http://www.twitch.tv/slapppped

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Caernord Rooftops
    Posts
    2,419
    my enigmatist build for 55:
    http://arche-base.com/builds/generat...4/HG6gzPb1xAS1

    tested it thoroughly on pts and it worked best for my play style, i had gotten about 400 some kills in the time the pts was on pvping in and off and spamming arenas i almost lost no matches, its best build without wasted points in bad skill

    -enigmatist is too fast paced to take ♥♥♥♥ty arc lightning, and you cant have freezing arrow without frigid tracks

    -if your not taking freerunner with shadowplay its wrong cus u need it to keep up with fast archers and dr, and outrun ♥♥♥♥ty daggerspells with their gay boy aoe fears

    -u also need shadowsmite for the shackle and good damage if it lands more then a 1, and overwhelm to shadowsmite if your stalkers misses and enemy doesnt have auramancy

    -u also need conversion shield its by far your best defensive ability vs other mages if they do gods whip to open pop conversion shield and take no damage lens + shield = only 1-3k damage

    -drop 7th sorc passive u have no insta cast abilities u dont need that ♥♥♥♥

    -dont spec deep into auramancy passive its a waste of skillpoints by the time u would need to double teleport the enemy is already dead

    good example of how enigmatist should be played, and almost an identical build to mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2MPXqfaTo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj9bBueNlNA watch video and learn rotation for once u have 55 in aura / sorc (shadowplay 55 is not good enough to be pulled to 55 if you have a better farming build)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Mike View Post
    my enigmatist build for 55:
    http://arche-base.com/builds/generat...4/HG6gzPb1xAS1

    tested it thoroughly on pts and it worked best for my play style, i had gotten about 400 some kills in the time the pts was on pvping in and off and spamming arenas i almost lost no matches, its best build without wasted points in bad skill

    -enigmatist is too fast paced to take ♥♥♥♥ty arc lightning, and you cant have freezing arrow without frigid tracks

    -if your not taking freerunner with shadowplay its wrong cus u need it to keep up with fast archers and dr, and outrun ♥♥♥♥ty daggerspells with their gay boy aoe fears

    -u also need shadowsmite for the shackle and good damage if it lands more then a 1, and overwhelm to shadowsmite if your stalkers misses and enemy doesnt have auramancy

    -u also need conversion shield its by far your best defensive ability vs other mages if they do gods whip to open pop conversion shield and take no damage lens + shield = only 1-3k damage

    -drop 7th sorc passive u have no insta cast abilities u dont need that ♥♥♥♥

    -dont spec deep into auramancy passive its a waste of skillpoints by the time u would need to double teleport the enemy is already dead

    good example of how enigmatist should be played, and almost an identical build to mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX2MPXqfaTo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj9bBueNlNA watch video and learn rotation for once u have 55 in aura / sorc (shadowplay 55 is not good enough to be pulled to 55 if you have a better farming build)
    Yeah, i need to pickup shadowsmite, idk about dropping arc lightning though. Once again, I can't believe you don't take vicious in your build, lol.
    Slapped - Naima. Now Kyrios. http://www.twitch.tv/slapppped

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts