View Poll Results: Is scamming really pvp?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

50 80.65%
  • Yes

10 16.13%
  • Undecided

2 3.23%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why scamming isnt really PVP.

Why scamming isnt really PVP.

You need to listen to reason here on this subject. In an open world full loot pvp game then scamming would be considered pvp. But in a non loot pvp game you cannot allow scamming because there is no way to get back at this person. It does not make a game more immersive to allow such things simply because there is no way to properly counter such an act. For example real life which is completely immersive. Someone scams me so I call the police. If the police cant do anything then I take it out of their ♥♥♥. You see I got some sort of justice for being scammed. In a game setting that doesn't allow full loot pvp you cannot really get justice for being scammed. The player cannot burn down their house or chop down their trees because the game protects the scammer instead of punishing them. A game without justice is just a wasted game. You do not want scammers in your game it just ruins PR. Just like I do not want scammes working for me or standing outside of my store scamming my customers. You have to use common sense when trying to immerse players in a game. Because the justice system is limited so is the immersion.

Where were you when you could have changed their scamming policy back during Alpha/release? You can't do anything about it now. As for it being PvP, the mindset here incorporates anything against a player done via another player as PvP. You can certainly scam the scammer later on or doom future interactions/sales with the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmoret View Post
    You need to listen to reason here on this subject. In an open world full loot pvp game then scamming would be considered pvp. But in a non loot pvp game you cannot allow scamming because there is no way to get back at this person. It does not make a game more immersive to allow such things simply because there is no way to properly counter such an act. For example real life which is completely immersive. Someone scams me so I call the police. If the police cant do anything then I take it out of their ♥♥♥. You see I got some sort of justice for being scammed. In a game setting that doesn't allow full loot pvp you cannot really get justice for being scammed. The player cannot burn down their house or chop down their trees because the game protects the scammer instead of punishing them. A game without justice is just a wasted game. You do not want scammers in your game it just ruins PR. Just like I do not want scammes working for me or standing outside of my store scamming my customers. You have to use common sense when trying to immerse players in a game. Because the justice system is limited so is the immersion.
    to me scamming in this game is pvp!! i like the whay the game does whith scammers , most of ppl scamed are just to much gredy and dont even think in what they are doing when they got scammed plus forum is full of post about scammers being a noob is not even an excuse anymore.

if you got scammed youre a moron plain and simple.
    to cry about getting scammed makes you worse
    to try to take scamming out of a game that has PIRATES in it is fffffing ludicrous

Actually we technically can't doom their future sales. If the scammer was really adamant its in the ToS that one player can't verbally lash out against another player.
    Pirating? Yeah whatever.

The kind of thing I think of when I see "Scamming" in this game is land trades or fudging a trade or something. Yeah there's always some way to avoid getting scammed but it limits us as players.

The major factor here is: We are not dealing with people directly and many people do not remind themselves that they are speaking to another person. We can't punch them in the face like we would normally and they know the Dev's wont do anything about it, so they rip us off.

I play this game mostly because of the scamming. To me, it's VERY funny to read the faction chat drama that comes with a good scam. If someone scams you, post about it on the forums. I know on ollo we take player rep very seriously and no one will even deal with a scammer. So yeah there is consequence for scamming.

QQ you got scammed. We've all been there. Learn from it and move on. Stop asking for content to be removed, scamming is fine and NEEDS to stay. It's an absolute staple of archeage, similar to EVE online.

I believe the allowance of scamming via trade, etc, is due to the lack of effective systems that accomplish these things. Instead of creating systems that work, we are told the ineffective systems that cause a negative gaming experience are acceptable.

tedious thread

I was on vacation in Dominican Republic many years ago and saw a machete fight. I asked the crowd what happened and they basically said one guy scammed the other. They fought bravely and to my suprise the much thinner guy was victorious. I always think about that fight when I read or hear the word scam.
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

In Archeage, there can be a repercussions for scamming, but it really depends on the players.

On our server, whenever a new generic ♥♥♥♥♥♥-bag guild pops out of the woodwork, noble guilds take it on themselves to spank them. Recently during a CR raid, which is usually a "neutral" ground for greens, the raid leader booted anyone from the troll guild out of the raid.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast