+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: About Our Recent Win-Back Program

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    Senior Producer

About Our Recent Win-Back Program

Details on our ArcheAge Community Appreciation Giveaway are now available:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...ation-Giveaway

All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro

I'll just stop you right there and say this..

Did you really not think people would be mad...I MEAN REALLY. LOL. You are giving an item away for free that is still in your cash shop RNG box that i'm sure others are still trying to get the "hard' way with some other goodies sprinkled in there.

Edit: Thanks for the CM response though. At least now people can direct their rage to one thread XD and GL with internal discussions.
    Maddiez | <Memento Mori> | Inoch(RIP)

TRASH GUILD DO NOT JOIN

Memento Mori(RIP) Guild Leader

Carebear|<Carebear Nation>|Morpheus

Unless the "giveaway" includes the dolphin and all the other game-economy breaking items, I'm pretty sure you've just lost most of your playerbase.
    Cerelsin - Ollo East
    Cereal Loli of <EAST SIDE>

So... Youre saying the stuff live support handed out will be recalled and you'll prepare a seperate package for active subs? That's what I got from that.
    If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

Agreed. You already gave the pack to existing patrons. Either remove it from their accounts or give the SAME pack to all of us TODAY.

Such a lackluster response..I mean, we all figured as much.

Khrolan, Lucky sunpoint/moonpoint/starpoint are -hardly- cosmetic items. You're also giving away basically 500 loyalty points. I'm sure you know that a royal's disguise can be used to place the ebongleam dynasty robe (which was 300 loyalty wasn't it?) and sold. You basically give inactive players between 2-3k gold for free, while doing -nothing- for existing players.

Some packs even got free $99 dollar secrets packs as well.

People this morning got all the same free ♥♥♥♥ just by hoping on the live chat. Either delete all the free dolphins or give everyone a free dolphin and those that already have a dolphin should get the $99 dollar packs.

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...s-or-I-am-done. 24 items from a GM on live support just for complaining a little WTF? Delete that ♥♥♥♥ from that player or give it to everyone
    You want to work smarter not harder in AA. Make your money work for you. INVESTMENT tips all day in my channel follow me!

Link to my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-...OVObusemDVEXoA Everything you need to know about archeage. Guides on leveling, housing, rare items, how to make lots of money etc. Daily updates and features

Also drop me a comment if there is a specific topic you want covered or want to pick my brain. Here to help. Thanks

http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

I know of 20 people that got this in the morning today after opening live chat, I expect same treatment for me and the rest of the patrons that buy their monthly sub.

Expect same care package on my mail by friday.

http://strawpoll.me/3912509/r

Quote Originally Posted by Khrolan View Post
    All,

I’d like to be transparent about what’s happening with our recent win-back program to encourage returning players and what we’re doing for our active ArcheAge community.

It’s our job to continually evaluate what we can do to stimulate the health of ArcheAge. Part of this process is to bring new folks into the game and also find ways to re-engage players who contributed to the game in the past and may be interested in playing again. We’ve seen success with folks coming back to the game with the release of Secrets of Ayanad and wanted to reinforce this trend.

One piece of this plan was to issue a targeted, limited time giveaway to encourage inactive players to try the game again. I’m sure you’ve seen other companies do this before as it’s a common strategy. You may have received a similar email in the past offering game time, items and even things like level advancement to bring you back into the fold.

More people playing ArcheAge is a benefit to everyone and from what we’ve seen most people are accepting of win-back promotions. The important part is to make sure the giveaway is compelling enough to give recipients a reason to come back without it being perceived as too generous to the point that it offends existing, active players.

Plain and simple, we missed the mark and overestimated. Instead of moving through the right approval paths the folks involved in this promotion drew assumptions about what would and wouldn’t be acceptable to include. Some of our reasoning for including items like the dolphin or glider skins are that they’re largely cosmetic with limited actual game functionality. The bottom line is we ran forward at full speed with the best intentions and the packages were just plain too generous. We’ve corrected this process internally and have measures in place now to identify and review appropriate rewards.

We need to ensure our existing loyal patrons and players never feel slighted when we implement programs like this. It’s important for us to treat our community fairly and to do this we are designing a giveaway for all active ArcheAge players. We will have more details tomorrow after internal discussions occur around development of the program.

-Khro
    Giving a way a package that is currently being sold for over $100 is pretty over the top. Some of us who actually had to pay for that are feeling more then just offended.
    Arylian
    Commander of Vanquish

Tahyang West

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast