+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Houses 1 for each toon ?

You're all missing the point of the original poster. If character 1 owns a house and has a bed, character 1 can sleep in the bed to gain 80 LP. If character 2 (same account) logs on, they can use the house and bed, but they don't gain 80 LP for sleeping in it. For character 2 to gain 80 LP from sleeping in the bed, it has to own a house and bed of its own.

So the point he's asking here is, why do 4 characters on the same account need to own a house and bed each for the sleeping-for-labor part INSTEAD of just being able to use one character's house AND bed for the sleeping-for-labor part?

Yes, because the "special feature" furniture (including beds, the proficiency bonus furniture, etc) are Character based (bound in the case of the proficiency) items.

They 'did' make a special allowance already though; like if you make a sewing machine and put in in your house on family, then anyone in your family can make plushies, and any character on the same account can use a farmers workstation (but not other accounts) so perhaps there is an argument for allowing a bed to be shared by account.

Honestly though, I wouldn't hold your breath. Buy a coffin, get an 8x8 in each of the fellow ship zones you might do trade packs from, then trade the coffin around to your alts - then you'll get the sleep bonus XP multiple times on the same account (without losing the guilda stars for the public bed anyway)

On a secondary note, Fellowships are why people should NOT be limited in how much land they can own. You have to own land in the region to make those specialty packs, but the specialty pack values vary day to day ~ one should have the flexibility to make X fellowship pack that's trading well. That is part of what makes running trade packs more interesting and part of what drives the land value market as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystriss View Post
    one should have the flexibility to make X fellowship pack that's trading well. .
    No, one should not. Make a non fellow ship pack that's trading well. If ppl have access to all fellowship packs they are nothing but a 3rd normal pack per region.

Not true from the business standpoint though, because if one has more land they need more taxes and thus more activity/gold (since most big spenders do not have TIME to put in more activity to get said gold, they spend RL money instead - aka money in Trion/XL Games pockets to pay for the game.)

It's a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by acthunder View Post
    PLayer should have 1 8x8 1 16x16 1 24x24 That's it per chr no more
    OK I can see it that way 1 house per account then all you'r chr use it
    Whatever... I have two cottages, 1 large scarecrow, 3 small scarecrow, 2 crafting stations. I will get another cottage and at least another two large farms before I get the bigger house. No idea why you think you should restrict players. Where I sit at the moment there must be half a dozen farms and cottages that have not been used for three months. Mine are fully farmed every day. And the reason I have three 8x8s is cus those empty farms do not get destroyed and the unbuilts stay unbuilt. I need farms that connect. I can wait.

My tax is 220 per week. Not a problem when you work at the game and manage your activities. And I do not have any larders, pine trees or those new fangled plant tubs.

As to the post by the op. I have one character that manages all my property because you really want one character levelling the carpentry and be responsible for moving fences. The game has a problem sometimes with boundaries and preventing you planting. Having one character really helps. And really at the end of the day do you really want to cycle through all your characters while they sleep out the time to get the buff and labor. I just like to get the head down and leave it there.

Don't forget the benefits of crafting stations. You would be amazed at how much you can get on one. And they are endless in supply as 8x8s are all very available. Don't think you can put a bed on one though. I pretty much have all the regal crafting stations set up plus the large chests and farmers.

PS What the hell do you need a 24 x 24 for other than maybe a gazebo. Large houses are a waste of space unless its thatched I guess. I would like one just for status in the end. I have the mats and gildas ready, but no plans to build one just yet, though I could as I have more than enough space.

8x8 are good for storing more chests when used with a private workstation to answer Rondache's question.

You can put a bed on the roof of a private workstation.

In addition to holding more plantings, the 24x24 and 28x28 houses allow you to place more proficiency furniture (sewing machine, leopard skin rug, double bladed saw, etc.) than the cottage and thatched do (they max out at 4, I've not found the limit on townhouses yet. Have 5 in the townhouse and 7 in my manor so far.) You can also plant a lot more on them if you angle them correctly.

It's also about the size of what you can plant; on a 24 townhouse I can drop 2 experia pine/woodlots (plus at least 5 pines/seed bundles, 5 or so maples, and about 80 individual seeds.) You can't really drop a experia pine on a cottage or thatched regardless of what way you angle them. (That said, thatched can hold roughly 15-16 seed bundle/pines with a good 30 or so individual plants mixed in though so it's a good purchase for crafter/farmer mashup, just don't expect to do woodlots/experia) Both the cottage and thatched properly turned can hold beehives (1 on the cottage, and 2 on a thatched if you're REAL careful about it,) townhouse and manor of course can take beehives all over the place (if I wanted I could drop like 8 of them on my manor, prob 4 or so on the townhouses if I tuck them under the deck ~ that's actually another thing, the townhouses and stuff have open porches so you can plant under them depending on the terrain, cottages don't have that option heh)

As far as houses; I currently have a cottage, a thatched, three 24 townhouse's and a 28 manor - I've rebuilt a number of times trying to get the absolute best angles for plantings.

Quote Originally Posted by cvay View Post
    As to the post by the op. I have one character that manages all my property because you really want one character levelling the carpentry and be responsible for moving fences. The game has a problem sometimes with boundaries and preventing you planting. Having one character really helps. And really at the end of the day do you really want to cycle through all your characters while they sleep out the time to get the buff and labor. I just like to get the head down and leave it there.

I'm afraid I disagree with you on that. You can give anyone a wrapped sewing machine (aka proficiency bonus furniture) to put in their house, and anyone who has access to said house gets the proficiency bonus. Just keep in mind that the sewing machine is character bound once unwrapped and you can only place it in a HOUSE owned by said character. Yada, yada, yada.

I've never had ANY trouble planting on any of my account's land, nor my husbands, nor my minions land, ever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2