+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "The gods have disconnected you."

Angry "The gods have disconnected you."

So I opened the game for the first time, waited in the queue to get onto the server for about half an hour, and as soon as I finally reached the top of the queue and the game started to let me in, I got an error message that said "The gods have disconnected you. Check your network status and read any recent alerts". It happened the next couple times I tried as well, although I didn't have to wait in the queue on subsequent attempts. On my final attempt, I got the unskippable cutscene glitch others have mentioned in other threads.

My system specs would seem to be irrelevant as this isn't a graphical issue, but I should mention that I'm on a wireless connection as I saw it mentioned elsewhere that this issue may crop up on wireless connections, which would seem to me to be a fairly gigantic oversight on the part of the developers. I play plenty of online games without trouble on a wireless connection, and I see no reason that this one should be an exception.

I suppose I'd have to rate this glitch a 5 on the severity scale, since I can't even play the game at all unless I can clear it up somehow.

EDIT: Just tried again on a different server, still immediately got the message when I attempted to connect.
    "The mind of a master of a vessel is rooted deep in the timbers of her, whether he command for a day or a decade." - Stephen Crane, The Open Boat

Alot of people are trying to get in, you have to expect this right a launch for any hyped up Beta launch. Be patient I'm sure you will get in soon!

this is not good

same error here

Quote Originally Posted by Suxhi View Post
    this is not good
    True but it is expected. A lot of players are forgetting this is the start of Beta. It won't run perfectly.

These players also forget that Trion more than likely expected some of these problems (full servers, crashing servers) and will be going through the necessary steps to fix them. It's all part of the development/production of a game.

Yep, getting same msg. I was doing fine in-game. I hit level 6 and now I cant get back in. The gods msg is..grr.

looks like they're currently adding servers and they said it would kick everyone off for a bit

I dont mind waiting to get in. I dont like getting booted everytime I try to get in. A que with a timer would be much easier.

Wouldn't mind if it went to an open screen rather then full close the game client.

Yeah, I no there will be connections issues and all. But I wish it wouldn't keep telling me "The gods disconnected you. Check your network".

Your game/network disconnected me, not mine. lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast