+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Janudar] The current situation on the server

Unhappy [Janudar] The current situation on the server

Hello there !

Even though the forums are quite famous to be the shrine of trolls, i'll still try to make a post worth of reading for those who might be interesting.. especially Trion's team.

First of all, i'm from janudar ... And as a lot of EU player know, we are the least pop server...
    We had our history/dramas and excitement done in our server, even though we were underpopulated. But it's been a week or so (mainly since the release of the SoA) that our population dropped into the abyss.

Before you tell me "oh an other whiner that say the game is dead", i'll just make sure you know that i was the first one to defend my server and against a merge or something, because the server still had some potentials. Then SoA happens, and people who were still hesitating left the game.

I was a leader of a huge French base guild at the release (which ended 1 week ago by the merge with our allies because they are not enough new player), so i kinda saw the evolution of the population through the Dramas/politics and Event done by guilds,ect... And i want to make sure that i detail as much as possible to show you that something has to be done.. at least for some servers.

The current situation :

When the deconnection for 4 days happened back in december, a lot of people left. A lot of guilds disbanded because they lost a huge amount of people or their leadership. Still they were some people left that worked together to enjoy the content and play the game. Mainly on Haranian's side, we had 4-5 big guilds (well big...around 40-20 people active) that teamed up to try WB such as morpheus or the kraken.
    We succeeded even tho we brought 80 people max, and managed to kill the kraken a lot during months.... But here we are.
    Our alliance are falling apart.. not because new guilds are appearing, or because they are dramas... Just because days after days, people are leaving the server due to the inactivity... and not enough new players are coming.

We managed to do the kraken with 60 people... but now it seems impossible0. And the worst part is that we only have one guild left that can maybe bring some people (20 max)... and doing the Raid again. We are the only alliance that are doing the kraken in our whole server. (if we lack people and can't do it.. well the kraken will still live and be ready for our next run 1 week after at the same spot)
    To be clear, it's not that we got interfered or diplomatics issues... it's just the lack of players, plain and simple.

And the worst part in that, it is the snowball effect... The more people are leaving, the less content people can enjoy, which lead to their lack of enjoyment and then to their leave aswell.
    I'm also talking about the bright faction of the server... on nuian's, it's even worse as they don't have the basic of our alliance... which means they are only commandos actions now and then.. but nothing more. Every bosses except Rangora/hanur are up all the time because people can't team up to take those beasts down.. and if they try, it'll appear they are not enough.
    the biggest guild atm is known to be Forsaken gamers, which is now at max 40-50 active per night (since the merge between 2 guilds)...but it has been month that the biggest guilds in our server have 25-30 people max active per night.. and it was only 4 guild (on haranian's side).

So something has to be done.. or else the server will just follow its logical fate. I'm not implying that Server merges are good for all server because they got their own health and activity.. but janudar will just be empty in a month or so... We are the last resort on this server.. and i won't lie , this won't last for long.

Now, just a personnal opinion. I know that people will tell me : " you were warned that new server at release will be empty".. Well that's correct, but when you paid for a service, you want to enjoy it as fast as possible.. and preferably before people that didn't even spend a dime on it. Also we all know that the people who manage to play the most in the first month, will have a crucial advantage for 1 or 2 months (levels/class/stuffs/lands..ect) before everything got stabilised.

So Devs.. if one day you'll have to make a release of a new game.. just create a server where only patrons can have the access.. This way you'll mostly regroup people that will stay in the long run... and you'll be sure that 80% of people will stay at least for one month on that server because they paid for it. You can't bet on F2P as the game has no value for them. ( at least at the begining).

I'm not excepting an answer of Scapes/khrolan or anyone. I just wanted to make sure that the dev team know the situation. Tbh, if our alliance falls apart, half of the activity of the server will leave the server... which will imply it to be dead.

Before i leave, here is our tonight raid : 40-45 people, did morpheus.. not enough people to run galleons for the kraken, we went to Nuians' GR around 10PM IRL (0:30 IG)... Not a single red doing their GR, which is the one known to be populated as it's the first GR during prime time... We just had to queue in 5v5 Arena to find some actions..

I'm not giving up on this game, because i found a good community and made good friends... so it's kinda heartbreaking to see that happening.
    Sorry for the long post, but some thing has to be said.

+1 same on Nebe even worse kraken was killed once than never again. seas empty i even wait 5 min that arena pops up .

and yea i was leader of a 250 man guild from which 230 quit the game. that should make ppl think ...

GG

Yeah server is nearly empty. Last night we were 3 ppl in halcyona and reds were 5 ppl until last 45 min. If Forsaken gamers stop playing devs can close servers...

You guys do realise Core runs with ~38 people online each evening.

Yup, what would we do without Forsaken Gamers.
    Anyway while I do agree with some parts, it's not like the whole server relies on your alliance, and you're certainly not true that we 'dont even have the basics of your alliance'.
    Only our guild, which is considered small runs with 20-30 people, so what do you expect guilds like Crusaders to be?
    Skilinium

Big Primeval
    <Lost>

Prophecy
    Janudar/Leviathan/Kyprosa

How nice it must be to have an entire server to yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Skilinium View Post
    Yup, what would we do without Forsaken Gamers.
    Anyway while I do agree with some parts, it's not like the whole server relies on your alliance, and you're certainly not true that we 'dont even have the basics of your alliance'.
    Only our guild, which is considered small runs with 20-30 people, so what do you expect guilds like Crusaders to be?
    Don't get me wrong here skilinium. I know that we ain't the only alliance around, and i was only speaking about my point of view. I can't tell about the nuians. But you can't deny that 20-30 people for our "biggest" guilds aren't a huge amount of players. Compared to other guild in more populated server.

I mean it has been a while since we last saw raids VS raids (50v50) anywhere else than Halcyona... when there are people .

And you are correct, the whole server doesn't rely on our alliance, but we surely are one of its lung.. Aswell as some guild like yours on nuians side that are quite active.
    But besides Core/FG/Weapon... the active guilds that are doing something can be counted on one hand.... It can show you the health of the server.
    And if one of us fails, it'll just bring down the whole system.. because we rely on each other as the community is the top 1 ressource to create content in archeage.

My point wasn't to show if one's guild is better than an other ones. I just wanted to show for a fact that Even the actives guilds can sometimes fails because of lacking members and where it takes a huge effort to throw event, but also showing that we are very dependant on attendances of people.. while on other server, it's not THAT important if someone in your guild is not coming because it doesn't have this huge impact. (and that's the spirit that the game should follow.. People have lifes, and your gaming experience shouldn't be affected because people can't log in)

Quote Originally Posted by Cainsmoker View Post
    How nice it must be to have an entire server to yourself!
    I made a toon on this server for precisely this reason... and yes, it's a pve haven. I have land anywhere I want, and as much as I want... for free.
    "SORRY everyone. As I said in a different post, I accidentally deleted this thread. Thankfully, our team was able to get it back."
    -Muzzy, Connectivity Issues

They should allow free server transfers to medium and smaller populations. (This would exclude kyrios and ollo )

To do that they need to be able to even transfer a character across servers to begin with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast