+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Character changed skin color on patch?

Incorrect skin tone after 1.7a patch

My skin tone has also changed after patch. Character(s) skin tone is much lighter. I'm creating a ticket to request salon cert.

REQUEST #150107
    Hello, all of my character skin tones are incorrect after the 1.7a patch. I'd like to request salon certificates for each of my characters.

Chucked a ticket in before posting, ticket was looked at and closed without the colour change actually being acknowledged.

Is this something that's going to be patched in the near future, or will it require manual intervention to fix?

I went on live chat, they sent me a salon cert, but unfortunately even in the salon all the dark skins are still too light. For reference i'm a firran with the dark blue/black tiger stripe skin. Now I look like a weird mid tone blue.

4.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabachi View Post
    I went on live chat, they sent me a salon cert, but unfortunately even in the salon all the dark skins are still too light. For reference i'm a firran with the dark blue/black tiger stripe skin. Now I look like a weird mid tone blue.
    You selected the same hue as you had before this build?

All my chars have this color problem, on all regions and accounts.
    A free salon cert for all would be neat, to solve the mess.
    Over that, XL obviously tweaked the engine, the grafix changed to the better.
    Thats a good indicator for just a bug with some of the transition/conversion to the overhauled (internal) engine.
    The changed lighting stands out, im sure its something in that direction ...

Atleast you wont get killed by the netural guards now..
    maybe it will end the rioting in ceanord.
    A famous player

Quote Originally Posted by Scapes View Post
    I don't anticipate it's a long term solution, as I posted in updates to the tech support thread and my own ticket. Possibly here as well.

Having said that, whether people realize it or not (whether people created characters with the default skin tone because they didn't care, or they are running around in full plate and don't notice), everyone was affected by this. The fact that I can't load my old saved character template in it's entirety (everything but the skin tone loads, and I'm given an error, which again, I posted about in tech support forum and my ticket) would indicated beyond lighting and possible skin texture changes, they seem to have flat out change or replaced some tones possibly with new ones, and the item number as well, which would explain why it can't load the skin from my old template - it can't find it.

A nice short term fix, rather than having 100s of people one at a time trying to get support's attention (I have a ticket with lots of detail which hasn't been looked at, no salon ticket for me), would be to just give 'everyone', all character on all accounts, patron or otherwise, a free salon cert.

This affects all the characters on all of my accounts, and waiting a week or more to just get one ticket for one character and then spend more time trying to secure them for other characters on other accounts would just be maddening.

XL definitely changed some tones. I created a character with a skin tone that was, I believe the one I picked (not quite the darkest for the Harani) and after bringing the character in, it's still a little off.

Being able to at least apply the tone that's there is at least a better than nothing short term solution, if I had that option.

Edit: 148502 - My ticket number, if it helps. I attached the template I saved off to create more characters.

Same problem on 2 accounts over 3 servers on 10 characters and still no help .

Yeah, i selected the exact same hue. The dark blue/black tiger stripes for a Firran male. Seriously just make a new character, select firran male, click on the preset with the dark fur and blonde hair. Look at the picture then the characters face. You'll see the difference.

I have the same issue with my Elve, she had a nice tan but since update shes pale like an albino now.
    i went to the salon to see what happend and the skincolor i had befor is gone. looks like the skins got changed with new colors and some old colors are missing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast