+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Growling Yawl: Are you serious?

Exclamation Black Pearl: Are you serious? **Please support this thread! We would love a response from Trion**

Me and my guild spent six months and 30k gold to get the absolute rarest and best ship in the game, which had the largest radar and the fastest speed of any ship. The Black Pearl, of course However, when we logged in today after 1.7 launched we summoned our Black Pearl to find that it had been downgraded to the near EXACT same level as an Eznan Cutter, and I'm not just talking about the obvious and expected nerf to it's speed/damage. The 1000 meter radar has been replaced by the absolute weakest and cheapest radar in the game, along with every other piece of equipment on it, and when we took it out for a run our max speed of 24 m/s has now been reduced to 15.4... (All fancy new speed buffs included). Aside from a small boost in health, absolutely nothing else remains special about the Black Pearl. You might imagine why we would be a little upset after all of the hard work and gold we spent on this ship was literally just flushed down the drain. We've been playing Archeage since it launched last year and have been extremely patient through every mistake that has been made (We understand, nothing will ever be perfect), but this just seems like too much. I would understand if all of the pre-existing components were left at crude with no special regrades already placed on them, but the problem is that they literally took out all of the pre-existing features that the Black Pearl was known for, aka the 1000 meter radar, and left it with no special bonuses that would allow the Black Pearl to retain it's uniqueness and 30k gold value.

*** The Growling Yawl has undergone the Dread Prophecies Ship Conversion process and has gained the following attributes when compared to other Small Warships:
    - Increased maximum player occupancy from 20 to 30,
    - Added the skill: Strong Forewind (Increases ship speed temporarily, 3 minute cooldown),
    - Increased the base health of the ship hull from 70,000 to 85,000,
    - Base ship components improved to Growling Zephyr versions including the appearance Bonekraal Décor.

Also, to further comment on this list of supposed upgrades that Trion offered Black Pearl owners, most of these upgrades seem like an advantage but are actually completely useless.
    --> The "base ship components improved to Growling Zephyr versions" promise was an absolute lie. There were only two components on the Black Pearl that were given the Growling Zephyr "improvement" and those were the sails and the Bonekraal Decor. All other components were left at the most basic Zephyr versions at crude. On top of that, the Growling Zephyr version is not an improvement to the components at all, it's just a different type of basic sail/decor item that costs a whopping total of 10 gold to craft, and of which any ship owner could place on their ship within the first ten minutes after the patch launched. I personally think that this was very misleading if they were indeed only talking about the sails and bonekraal decor as they never specified this. Either way, it gives the Black Pearl nothing extra.
    --> The "Strong Forewind" skill is almost useless, as it gives the same speed boost as the normal "Forewind" skill but for a grand total of TWO seconds longer, and on the same cooldown.
    --> And both the 10 extra manpower and the 15k health boosts are basically useless, as the whole point of the new ship custimization system is to put FLEETS of ships back onto the ocean now. 20 or more people on a ship is actually laughable; there is actually less benefit to it than to alternatively have 10 people on 2 separate galleons with twice the cannon/ram power, and 15k extra health is a minor advantage considering the amount of damage that most siege weapons do now and how easy it is to overrun a ship to simply destroy it with ironclads.***

In short: I would like to know if this is ever going to be explained? Will Black Pearl owners just be left to spend an extra 20k gold on top of the 30k we already spent to get our purposefully downgraded ship that has been stripped of it's previous equipment back to the level it used to be, which is now the level that EVERYONE else will be at with their Cutters and Lutesongs anyways? Or will we be allowed to claim compensation for some of the gold and time we spent on a ship that was promised to be the best ship in the game and has now been purposefully downgraded to the level of any other galleon. The Black Pearl was literally taken out of the game- The third and rarest small warship that was so loved for it's legendary strength and extreme rarity is now obsolete. There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to strive for one any longer; it's by far more beneficial to simply buy a Lutesong with better radar positioning and regrade all of it's components to max. I would love to hear more information about this as soon as I could Trion. I'm still trying to remain as patient and understanding as I can, but if this issue is completely ignored you will probably find yourself alienating or even losing a significant amount of your most loyal player base. Any information is appreciated and thanked for in advance.

YA props for you on obtaining the ship! now start upgrading and stop complaining

That sucks so bad. Normalization strikes again.

I woud be livid.
    Server - Tahyang(East)
    Guild - Kismet(2 person guild)
    Tayrin - Abolisher, Hexblade, Doomlord, Blighter, Crusader, Shadowknight, Shadowblade....(I like to switch it up)
    Blaster - Cleric
    -----------------------------------
    Server - Tahyang(West)
    Guild - None
    Calanon - Bloodreaver

Freedich house owners get compensation thrown at them for placing a lousy 30g housedesign there, and people that build a 20k+ gold ship get ♥♥♥♥ -.-

Quote Originally Posted by onix View Post
    Freedich house owners get compensation thrown at them for placing a lousy 30g housedesign there, and people that build a 20k+ gold ship get ♥♥♥♥ -.-
    I didn't even think of that... Ugh. Don't even remind me :'( Thanks for understanding our plight.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Lionheart View Post
    YA props for you on obtaining the ship! now start upgrading and stop complaining
    Somebody dident get a black pearl...

To give you an idea , delete every level 50+ you have, start anew, then level all four character slots to fifty-five, get an eznean on every single character, and you will have 1 of the 55 pieces worth of work it is to get that ship.

As i posted in another related topic.

A joke it is indeed. The blackpearl is no longer special, its just a cutter that come with some prebuilt parts.

On the barebone its just a cutter with a bit more hp and 10 more people capacity... yay, except thats not why i worked my ♥♥♥ to get that damn ship. I did it for its speed, which is now the same as any other cutter with the sail. If anything junker is now way superior thanks to its radar position.

At least give the blackpearl something more than a 5sec speed boost every 3 minutes... for crying out loud. We lost the speed, we lost the radar. What do we have left, a ship on which we can fit 30 people (which is rare enough to get active at once and if you do, you can just use 2 galleon >_>) and 15k more hp which wont make any difference in a fight since once the players are dead, it doesnt matter how much hp a ship has, ground based tanks will eat it alive.

When i made mine, parts were 900g a pop, basically drained all the money i had accumulated over 2 months to get it, just to have it ruined hard by a patch. I wouldnt mind as much if the costs were similar, but regular galleon are hundreds times easier to make than the black pearl for the same boat now.

"Death comes for us all. Even for kings he comes." - Robert Bolt

This is certainly true, even in Arche Age. Everyone gets their turn to get screwed over in this game. This can actually be said of any MMO though. The difference between Arche Age and other MMOs is that Arche Age is being translated at a very accelerated rate, so the transitions which normally would have taken months or years are occurring in weeks, so the transitions feel a lot more like burns than they normally would.

That being said, the developers have already shown that they have the capacity to shift things and change environments in order to circumvent issues which are either known or perceived. So, with all their grace, they could have had the common decency to not sink the efforts which you'd put into your boat.

However, in spite of all of that, I've one more quote for you. "You knew this was coming..." -Harry Osborne. So yeah, while it sucks that they didn't take NA's unique position into consideration, I don't see how anyone can feel sorry for you when we generally knew what was going to happen in this game, in regards to updates. You took a mighty big gamble and you enjoyed your boat for a short time as a superior vessel. That gamble didn't pay off though.

Where were you when this was made a big deal on the forums already?

Quote Originally Posted by Elu View Post
    Where were you when this was made a big deal on the forums already?
    Yeah... it sucks but this was being discussed pretty emotionally 2-3 months ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast