+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirating: Are we going to see it?

Pirating: Are we going to see it?

So far from the way I see it, pirating(3000 criminal points) puts a player at a major disadvantage and are we really going to see players doing it? Besides the few outstanding cases I can't really see pvp outside of factions. Will there be any huge advantages added or will there be some facilities that only pirates could use? Really looking for some feedback because its something I personally am interested in doing.

There's actually a pirate island that you become friendly with once you hit 3000 criminal points which unlocks quests, ect. I'm definitely going to be trying to get there despite the disadvantages. Just gotta be prepared to serve some serious jail time.

Having played a few other PVP centric games (i.e. being familiar with their communities) I'm 100% certain that there will be people who go over to the Pirate faction. How many? No idea, but I'm sure people will do it.

There aren't many rewards to being a pirate. Becoming friendly with the NPC on pirate island, access to the Black Pearl (Pirate only ship), not having to worry about racking up crime points, and probably a few other minor ones. (Of course, the major thing you lose is access to the NPCs on the southern continents - i.e. the quests).

We will see pirates the first fwe months, definitely. Then everyone realizes how bad they are and they will either reroll or stop playing. Afte rthat we will still have the occasional group that tries it but will slowly fade away until we finally have the situation just like KR/JP with no pirates except for a bunch of alts.

Not sure about the rest, but i do plan to be a pirate, i loved being a pirate in EvE online when it got released so i will like it here as well, probably not from start but once i hit around 50 il just move purely to pirate side.

So if you will see a Pirate ship you better be running, il steal ya stuff. mmm all them juicy fisherman's he he.

I think pirating does sound pretty awesome lol, if it's executed right. Besides, isn't there an option to bust yourself out of jail?
    Just another desperate fan......

Proud member of the Aurorian Empire

Quote Originally Posted by KeksX View Post
    We will see pirates the first fwe months, definitely. Then everyone realizes how bad they are and they will either reroll or stop playing. Afte rthat we will still have the occasional group that tries it but will slowly fade away until we finally have the situation just like KR/JP with no pirates except for a bunch of alts.
    What I wanna see is whole guilds going pirates for the heck of it just to experience the game thoroughly. Then they could all do the quests to become citizens after they choose to.

I'm pretty sure we will, there will always be guilds that want to be the 'villains' in the world. I think it will just depend how the game will be balanced towards a pirate. Because if there are no direct advantages and only disadvantages it those guilds/players will fade away like previously mentioned.

There will be guilds that will have alts as pirates and when they are bored they will go out and have their fun. We may not see full time pirates but there definitely will be pirates in the sea on occasion.

lol I heard that the npc wont sell you anything once your a pirate , think it would kinda suck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast