Closed Thread
Page 1 of 406 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL SERVER EVOLUTION & FEEDBACK THREAD (in progress)

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations

OFFICIAL SERVER EVOLUTION & FEEDBACK THREAD (in progress)

ArcheAge Server Evolution FAQ

Hello all!

This FAQ will be updated over time as we finalize details for the upcoming Evolution.
    Updated 06/02/15, 06/03/15

The information offered here is NOT final, and due to the complexity of the process, is subject to change. It is also intentionally vague when we don't have solid answers yet. It's better to say we don't know because we have not fully investigated and verified matters rather than to provide incorrect information.

Please continue to post questions and constructive discussion to this thread - we're all in this together!

Please bear with us; we'll fill in the blanks and expand this FAQ enormously as we explore and test the internal processes requires, and address the specific concerns that you bring up.

~ The ArcheAge Team

Why do we need an Evolution? I am happy with the way things are!
    - In the course of a game's life cycle, it is normal to see two things happen: lower level zones used by low to mid-level players are underpopulated, and players move on to new games.
    In ArcheAge, we are now seeing an increase over time in our player base, but many players, old and new, have requested a way to bring together more players on each server.
    Due to the unique nature of ArcheAge, particularly with regard to land ownership, we will not undertake the old style standard server merges - instead, we are embarking on an Evolution, which gives players more choices.

When will the Evolution take place?
    - Toward the end of this year. We don't have a date yet, and there are a LOT of technical details to work out. It also gives you all lots of time to think of additional concerns or questions for us to address.
    - We will try to schedule the Evolutions over a weekend. We know some folks work weekends, but the largest number are home during that time. This will be subject to our ability to arrange all of the technical support we need over the weekend - Dev and Community are on board for weekends.

What sort of time window will we have for the Evolution?
    - We will announce the date as far as possible in advance, as well as the window for active Evolution.

What exactly will happen during the Evolution?
    - We are still looking at a number of options before solidifying the process. The basic plan is as follows: new servers will be created, and players from current low population servers will be moved to these shiny new servers. Yes, that means... LAND RUSH! All other details are under evaluation.

What servers will be affected?
    - We are going to try to set up hardware to test the Evolution process on PTS (Public Test Server) before it hits live. This was a most excellent suggestion. We cannot test provisions for name collisions, but we CAN test the migration of players, items, currency and achievements. [added 06/03/15]
    - All current servers MAY be involved in the Evolution in one way or another. At this time, we are primarily focused on the needs of the lowest population servers. Some of the high population servers may be affected if we allow transfers to and from them. We feel it’s important to let our invested high pop players know they will not be forcibly moved off their servers. [updated 06/03/15]

As of June 3, our tentative plan is as follows...
    Candidates for Evolution due to low populations:
    NA: Enla, Ezi, Calleil, Inoch, Lucius
    EU: Orchidna, Melisara, Nui, Janudar, Nebe [added 06/03/15]

Not currently considered candidates for Evolution:
    NA: Aranzeb, Kyrios, Ollo, Naima, Salphira
    EU: Shatigon, Kyprosa, Eanna, Aier [added 06/03/15]

Designated as our Official Roleplay Servers, and not considered candidates for Evolution [updated 06/02/15]
    NA: Tahyang [added 06/02/15]
    EU: Tentatively Dahuta (EN) and Eanna (FR/DE) [updated 06/05/15]

What is happening with the EU servers?
    They’ll go through the same process as NA servers: lower pop EU servers will be candidates for evolution but we have not reviewed them as yet. We will update as soon as we can. [added 06/02/15]

I am part of a large guild - how can we make sure we all end up on the same server?
    - We know how important it is for guilds to stay together, so this is a top priority in our planning.

What if a player misses the Evolution window or comes back after years away from the game?
    - Most likely, players who are on a low population server and inactive at the time of the Evolution will be relocated automatically.

What happens to the land I own at the time of the Evolution?
    - Players and their items will be packaged to move. We will offer more details on the specifics as we get closer to the date.

What happens to my items, honor, etc. with the Evolution?
    - Our goal is to ensure that all personal, inventory and bank items will transfer, including currency (such as coins and honor). This will be a very complex database challenge.
    In-game mail will likely not transfer, nor will listed auctions. This makes it important for us to give as much advance notice as possible when we set a date for the Evolution.
    Items in chests are a special challenge, and will need to have them packed up, one way or another. Based on our personal play experience, we know that most of us are pack rats; we have concerns about those of us with so many items that we can’t possibly fit them in warehouse/inventory. We need to find a reasonable way to address that situation. Us pack rats hate having to drop goods!

Will Teleport Book locations and Recall Points be transferred?
    We aren’t 100% sure yet but our goal is to push for all static NPC teleports to remain and all recorded teleport locations to previous player housing to be removed. [added 06/02/15]

Will I still have my ultra-cool name after the Evolution?
    - You will transfer with your name. In the case of a name conflict on your new server, we may need to manually rename one of the characters. We need to review precisely how this process will work. We know this is an important consideration, and will clarify as soon as we can!

Will players be able to reset their character race and/or faction upon transfer?
    Unfortunately, we will not be able to change your race or faction upon transfer. [added 06/02/15]

Can I decide which server I prefer to be on?
    - We want to offer choices, but we need technical confirmation that we can support affected players in their choice of servers on their region. We'll update as soon as we have confirmation.

What happens if we Evolve two servers and a player ends up with more than four characters on the new server?
    This is clearly something that we really, really need to investigate in advance. Luckily, it is WELL in advance of Evolution, so we have the time. If we can find a way to allow Evolving players to designate the servers they are going to, we can work around this by allowing them to choose two different destination servers. [added 06/02/15]

What happens if I change my mind and want to be on a different server than the one I chose at Evolution?
    -Transfers post-Evolution may be offered through a web-based service; it's on our list to investigate!

How long do you expect the update to take?
    - This is a major update and may take up to 24 hours.

Do Patrons or Early Access players get any special items or considerations in the Evolution, such as early access or name reservations?
    We do not have a firm answer on this yet and the team is reviewing it. It does not seem likely that we will gate access to the new servers. We are working on the name collision question separately. [updated 06/02/15]

Will affected players receive compensation? Will it be on a sliding scale dependent on type of account (founder/patron), age of account, number of lots/houses, etc.?
    We don't have anything like this yet, but this is a good suggestion. We'll look at creating a "Settler Package" that includes stuff like Tax Certificates, etc., to help players get adjusted on their new server. We want to ease the transition as much as we can. [added 06/02/15]

Can we offer a tax holiday until the mergers? Alternatively, can we offer a tax holiday for a period of time around the mergers?
    It’s possible but not reviewed nor worked into the plan yet. Thanks for the suggestion and for bringing light to how something like this might help ease the Evolution! [added 06/02/15]

Will you offer the choice of closing an account and receiving a full refund of all the monies spent on this game?
    No. The Evolution is a good thing for the game and for player populations. While your existing play experience will change, there are a lot of benefits from new communities growing together. Some people have the misconception that the new server will be this massive high population thing and their land baron status will be reduced to a single 16x16 in the middle of who cares. That’s not the case. Since they’ll be transferring with their land in Full Kit state this means they’ll be able to rapidly secure connected plots. There’s a chance they’re going to end up with more/better land than they had previously. [added 06/02/15]

Can we just make land tracts instanced for existing players?
    Unfortunately, the game code is not designed to support instanced housing. Additionally, instancing would adversely affect gameplay as designed - open-world housing encourages social aspects of the game, neighbors, communities and even danger in many areas. [added 06/02/15]

Thank you for starting the conversation on server merges!
    MysticWolf
    <<Super Epic Mega Elite Nuians>>
    Ollo/West: AKA "King of Gweonid Forest"

Everyone loses their land...yay...

4.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #4
    Director of Community Relations
    Quote Originally Posted by Runes911 View Post
    Everyone loses their land...yay...
    Seriously? EVERYONE? There will be a land rush for Evolving servers, yes. Keep in mind that this also means that land barons and slumlords may not get all of the choicest plots.
    This also means that servers that are NOT evolving may have people upset that land barons and slumlords get to keep all that real estate under lock and key. =)

I'm on Calleil, so that means you'll be taking away my land. Gee, thanks.
    --`--,--{@ Tempeste the Forager @}--,--'--
    @} Homeless So Far! {@
    *v* <For the Love of Cake>*y*

Welp there is nothing else to say.

Dear players on these servers...you are moving. Thx for your gold...uh money and we're sorry to see you go.

The tone of this message is a bit too informal, playful and really lacking in finesse for the totality and severity of the situation. You posted a "haha we're merging suckers" message instead of delivering this information with the care that it deserves. The crayola formatting makes it look like this is directed at 5th graders.

For the record, LAND RUSH in all caps makes this sound like a good thing and lord knows I know you are new but really? The lack of sensitivity here is a big miss for you, especially given your role. I really hope people have the desire to get rich because I'm unsubscribing and doing APEX only until the price no longer makes me happy.

Where is the EU server list?
    @} Homeless So Far! {@

Well, thanks for saving me from investing another dime in this trainwreck you call a game. Good game merges before transfers. ♥♥♥♥ing brilliant. Way to cater to the PVPers though. Typical Trion fail is written all over this one.

I want to cry..

LAND RUSH means LAND HACKERS. I don't see myself staying.
    @} Homeless So Far! {@

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 406 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast